PDA

View Full Version : How many hours to lvl (X)??

Poosammich
12-11-2014, 10:30 AM
I'll be honest, I've always been a weekend warrior type casual. In the beginning of live I played my first toon(Necro) A LOT.... IIRC it was almost 100 days playtime for me to hit 65.... I invested almost 170 days into that character overall, but I'm SSSSLLLOOOWWWW!!!

In the before time I did not digest information as fully, as I take the time to do now. Really nuked my XP by trying to be as mana efficient as possible, and letting the pet do the heavy lifting. That said just wondering if I was way off in terms of time invested, or if I was truly just that slow? Not comparing any of this to my current characters, but this server is in the same time frame essentially. Just curious.

PS

I say lvl (X) because I'm not terribly concerned with hitting max, but if you're 40+ how long did it take you to get there in /played time...

GinnasP99
12-11-2014, 11:34 AM
/played is broken

Poosammich
12-11-2014, 11:36 AM
It so is lol I think I'm at like 13 days played on my necro already, but since my original run in live I've become an AFK master! Quick grab 3 mobs drain all HP/MP.... Sit/Lich to full, rinse repeat, and grab a beer!

Sadre Spinegnawer
12-11-2014, 11:48 AM
This server is set up to take time. You can always angle for fast leveling, and some bards and other disreputable classes will power level you for a fee.

But why? This server isn't going anywhere, and Velious is it's final expansion. There is no race. You can easily be a weekend warrior, and level up, and my bet is you will always have company.

There are many, many casual players on the server. And many casual guilds. My advice would be, forget about speed, and instead plan out how *you* want to play. You literally cannot get "left behind" on p99 -- because p99 is moving slower than you!

rsloans84
12-11-2014, 12:59 PM
1d if im twinked 46 melee is how long it took

webrunner5
12-11-2014, 01:08 PM
Being level 60 is not all it is cracked up to be. What do you do then. No AA's to do, and unless you are a solo class that can loot, and not many can at 60, Enchanter come to mind, and how many of the Enchanters are really good enough to take on the big boys solo? And most of them are perma camped.

At least if you are say level 50 you have a goal to get to 60 lol. :p When and if Velious ever comes out well there are some pretty fun mobs to kill, but you will have to be in one of the top 4 guilds to even sniff one of there behinds lol. Probably even one of the top 2 guilds. I think level 34ish to 40ish will be the most fun for a lot of people when Velious comes out. Lot more mobs around that level compared to high end stuff. :)

DrKvothe
12-11-2014, 01:35 PM
The most fun part of the game is experiencing the dungeons and leveling zones at the appropriate levels. Wouldn't be any fun to run around blackburrow as a lvl 60.

The least fun part of the game are the levels where every good hunting option is perma-camped, you didnt get a good offensive spell last spell-level, etc. These levels you just want to get through as fast as possible =D but it varies a bit from class to class.

Sajuuk
12-11-2014, 01:41 PM
Now that ive made 3 toons, Ive notice it takes me a full week to get to lvl 10 with playing 2 hours aalmost every night and having sunday be my major xp days. Thats with turning in a bunch of crushbone belts too.

sox7d
12-11-2014, 03:27 PM
In soviet norrath, game ends at max level.

toolshed
12-11-2014, 07:03 PM
I have been logging my exp when soloing and grouping as a necro, and I have come to this conclusion: it takes 3.5-5 hours to level anywhere at any level (other than hell levels, which take 2x as long). It probably changes 50+ though, haven't logged those levels yet. Grouping is usually a little less efficient, but not by much; there is higher risk/reward ratio soloing, so grouping can be better long term exp.

The fastest I have ever leveled was doing the giant fort in WW at ~23, leveled in 3.4 hours duoing with a monk while fear kiting. Slowest are the hell levels, but they can be done in 8-9 hours.

The most surprising conclusion I have found is that it hasn't gotten significantly worse as I level up (45 atm), probably do to more xp/mob as well as learning your class a little better making you more efficient.

Fame
12-11-2014, 07:19 PM
Roll on red and you will level at a nice pace.

Lunababy
12-11-2014, 07:37 PM
honestly 1-51 is fairly fast. You can get one level per day guaranteed without trying too hard. Small bumps at the hell levels (30,35,40,45). It doesn't feel painful until Kunark levels :\

webrunner5
12-11-2014, 08:56 PM
honestly 1-51 is fairly fast. You can get one level per day guaranteed without trying too hard. Small bumps at the hell levels (30,35,40,45). It doesn't feel painful until Kunark levels :\

Yeah but OMG from 54 up hold your buttocks. :D

loramin
12-11-2014, 09:41 PM
Group on red and you will level at a faster pace than either God or Verant ever intended.

FTFY ;)

Dany
12-12-2014, 02:59 AM
In soviet norrath, game ends at max level.

LoL