PDA

View Full Version : noob question about enchanters in raids

eddyystop
12-12-2014, 11:55 AM
I'm rolling an enchanter. I ran across a post/article that suggested enchanters may not be very useful in raids. Is that so? How many enchanters are common in a raid?

Thanks ahead of time.

webrunner5
12-12-2014, 12:22 PM
I would not worry about it. On nearly all raids now there is only like 3 groups engaging the mob. So that is 18 people that really participate. So I don't care what class you play unless you are the Main Tank, Main Puller, and Main Healer in raids you are probably not going to be doing anything anyways. Getting drops others already have that are lore mostly. :p

And you had better be prepared to be at EVERY raid and into the Batphone thingy or forget about Raiding much. :( Raiding is a BIG commitment.

Feathers
12-12-2014, 01:21 PM
Hi! I just started playing last night, and this is so much fun!

I raided as an Enchanter through Kunark and from what I can remember, you’re useful for getting to the boss, and then it’s usually a snooze fest after that. Raids will always have Enchanters along for haste/slow/and clarity. There were at least 4 of us raiding full time, and we were always needed :)

I had my most fun raiding with a Druid though :)

Samoht
12-12-2014, 03:42 PM
chanters in raids do buffbot then afk

maahes
12-12-2014, 03:56 PM
I remember rolling a caster alt on live all those years back because raiding with a rogue was a ton of work. Always looking at the rears of mobs, and non stop moving around to get into position for back stabbing. Casters have it easy compared to melee. IHMO. :P

webrunner5
12-12-2014, 10:14 PM
I remember rolling a caster alt on live all those years back because raiding with a rogue was a ton of work. Always looking at the rears of mobs, and non stop moving around to get into position for back stabbing. Casters have it easy compared to melee. IHMO. :P

Yeah but it gets pretty old also sitting on your butt medding for hours at a time, and having Rogues wanting Strength, Haste, SoW all the time :p

Sadre Spinegnawer
12-14-2014, 11:06 AM
utility classes are utility classes. If you make yourself useful, you will be used.

I just remember from back in the day, I highly suspect why I was one of the two main enchanters in my server-owning guild was, I didn't go afk except if it was an official afk.

If you play a utility class,. be a utility class. Don't go afk. Buff anyone who wants a buff. If someone dies, buff them the second they get rezzed. Basic stuff, frankly. Don't be a diva.

Chanters who go afk suck, imho.

edit: this refers to raiding mainly, but holds for exp grps too. Since the enchanter handles cc, you just can't be an afk type of person. And buffs should always be given. I am sure some shammies will tell me, yeah easy for me to say!

webrunner5
12-14-2014, 12:49 PM
Every class on here, and I mean everyone is busy as hell if you play it well. Some are a bit less stressful but you still are busy. Even a Wizard does not just need to just burn down mobs and med afk every other 3 mobs. There is such a thing as CC for them also etc..

But not everyone is going to be a standout class wise or we would not have Threads about standouts lol. :D

Rathel
12-14-2014, 01:06 PM
A good enchanter can indeed make a difference on raids. Every raid needs at LEAST one for the aforementioned buffs. And CC can make a huge difference. For planar clears and non-god/dragon raids, CC is a huge factor and you will be busy. PoHate/Fear especially. In PoSky, there is a mob that Enchanters (and druids) can charm for HUGE dps. If you charm a pegasus in Sky, you will top DPS on the raid, for sure.. not to mention saving everyone's ass on island 5.

The raid scene on this server is a bit weird, especially compared to classic.. but that actually makes an enchanter even more useful in some ways. Killing Cazic Thule can either be a wipe or a glorious kill based on your enchanters (stuns!!).. same with Inny, really. Naggy and Vox engages both benefit from the buffs and CC, especially if you are a lvl 60. At the top level, in Veeshan's Peak, enchanters can once again save some engages by being able to train away mobs that add to your dragon pull. Casting Tash or some high hate spell and then hauling ass away from the raid (and casting rune on yourself if you need to generate more aggro) has saved the whole raid many many times. The only real engages you will basically only be a buff bot on are outdoor dragons (Sev, Tal, Fay, Gore).. but hey, people need that GRM :)