PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone! Alzate the Bard here!

Astara
12-16-2014, 01:10 PM
Well, since my biggest gripe about new MMO's is the lack of a sense of community, I figure I better start participating in this one. So here I go with an introductory post!

I just started and chose a bard as my first character (don't judge me!). Bard was my main on live from the day I started playing in Jan 2000 until the day my guild left EQ for WoW in 2004. Few other classes really interested me, especially untwinked. Call me crazy, but at least with a bard I knew what I was getting into. I don't have as much time to play as I once did, but it sounds like that's the norm around here.

Anyhow, I hit level 10 last night, and I'm loving p1999 so far! Some things took a few days to remember, but overall it's like a tsunami of nostalgia and excitement. Some very generous folks have already given me a few pieces of gear, which I'm super grateful for! I wasn't expecting it at all, and it's been such a breath of fresh air to see people supporting each other on the server like that. I promise I will pay it forward!

If you see me around, please don't hesitate to say hi. I love meeting and talking to new people! I'm a social bard - not one who likes to solo - so look me up for groups (I'm EST, so don't expect to see me on too late). In fact, the thing that made me decide to start on p1999 is a burning desire to group in Old Sebilis. I love that zone to pieces and I can't wait to get there!

In conclusion, I'm way more excited than I ought to be about p1999. I'm trying to convince my husband (who's never played an MMO before) to join me. Wish me luck!

Alzate
Half-Elf Bard

Shaniril
12-16-2014, 07:06 PM
In fact, the thing that made me decide to start on p1999 is a burning desire to group in Old Sebilis. I love that zone to pieces and I can't wait to get there!

A kindred spirit! Welcome back to the game that started it all (well, for most of us), always good to see new faces!

maahes
12-17-2014, 11:18 AM
Welcome to P99! Always happy to see more Bards!!!!

falkun
12-17-2014, 12:33 PM
I'm trying to convince my husband (who's never played an MMO before) to join me. Wish me luck!

Alzate
Half-Elf Bard

http://www.project1999.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25

IP Exemption: This is for requesting to be exempt from the limit of 1 connection per IP Address. You may request exemption if you have more than 1 real person playing from the same IP. When posting for this, please include the account names of every person that will be playing from the same IP, as well as the identities / relations to those players, and please make sure that atleast one character has been created under each account. Please verify the spelling of each account you specify.

Good luck and welcome! Bards are an incredibly fun class!

webrunner5
12-17-2014, 12:53 PM
Nice, Welcome Aboard. Funny how most Bards are women. At least they where on Live. A well played one is a thing of beauty like I have said before. :)

hammertime7795
12-17-2014, 12:55 PM
Woot more bards! I agree with webrunner a well played bard is just amazing!

Destron
12-17-2014, 01:02 PM
AoE Kite, ignore the haters.

Astara
12-17-2014, 02:51 PM
Thanks for the words of encouragement!

I hope I become that well-played bard you're referring to. I can recall more than one occasion on live when my groups told me "I didn't know bards could do that!" Now I just need to make sure I remember all the little "that" things I once knew!

On a side note, it's a little scary how much muscle memory has been helping me so far. Some things just came right back as if I never stopped playing. It's...sad? awesome? I dunno. But it feels good.

-Alzate