PDA

View Full Version : Ranger looking for Duo partner.

Flowcus
12-17-2014, 12:45 PM
Like the title states I'm looking for a duo partner as my solo downtime is a bit much. My ranger is fairly geared for it being my first toon on P99. He is currently level 30 and can easily tank/solo anything in my level range.

I'm looking for a druid, shaman, cleric, enchanter to duo with weekday evenings around 7pm cst, and weekends pretty much any time. Don't be afraid of my hybrid exp penalty and let's do this shiz!

Contact Katsumoto in game, or reply here or PM me.

Green_Moe
12-18-2014, 12:08 AM
Hi Flowcus,

I know you did not specifically ask to team up with a paladin, but I though I would ask you to consider my 28th lvl paladin (decently geared) as an option. I have an high level enchanter that can buff you then I would log on to my paladin for some duo xp. My game time would be from 6pm ish to 9pm ish CST on weekdays and anytime on weekdays.

Let me know if you're interested. Look for either Jillena, my port jockey, Hexor, my freshly minted necro, or Falgur my paladin.

Flowcus
12-20-2014, 10:44 AM
Sorry but not looking to Duo with a paladin... The experience penalty from both of us would be too much, and I was hoping for someone with bigger heals or buffs :)

Green_Moe
12-20-2014, 12:15 PM
No problem....best of luck to ya'

jolanar
12-20-2014, 12:52 PM
Sorry but not looking to Duo with a paladin... The experience penalty from both of us would be too much, and I was hoping for someone with bigger heals or buffs :)

So you want people to ignore your penalty but you won't ignore others? :confused:

Bodybagger
12-20-2014, 01:03 PM
The experience penalty from both of us would be too much, and I was hoping for someone with bigger heals or buffs :)

The experience penalty for solo'ing slow as shit in a game designed to block solo gameplay as a hardcore mmo is a lot more significant than any noticeable XP penalty form any class/race combo.

Shut up and group.

Where do people get this shit? *smfh*:confused:

Trelaboon
12-20-2014, 01:52 PM
So you want people to ignore your penalty but you won't ignore others? :confused:

Exactly what I was thinking. Sounds like karma is reserved for this fellow. Don't be upset when you're level 50+ and people avoid you like the plague.

You do realize a Cleric 2 levels higher than you would technically hurt your exp as much as an equal level Paladin?

I suggest getting used to duoing with whatever you possibly can, as that is how you will spend a large portion of your life. I have figured out how to duo with damn near every class on my Ranger when needed, and by discriminating against a Paladin for his penalty, don't be shocked when a Shaman says "Nah Ranger, I don't want your penalty and I solo fine, or i'll look for a Monk, who DPS better, tank better, and can pull better indoors where there are better ZEM's"

How someone can be a min/maxer and play a Ranger is beyond me.

webrunner5
12-20-2014, 02:10 PM
Exactly what I was thinking. Sounds like karma is reserved for this fellow. Don't be upset when you're level 50+ and people avoid you like the plague.

You do realize a Cleric 2 levels higher than you would technically hurt your exp as much as an equal level Paladin?

I suggest getting used to duoing with whatever you possibly can, as that is how you will spend a large portion of your life. I have figured out how to duo with damn near every class on my Ranger when needed, and by discriminating against a Paladin for his penalty, don't be shocked when a Shaman says "Nah Ranger, I don't want your penalty and I solo fine, or i'll look for a Monk, who DPS better, tank better, and can pull better indoors where there are better ZEM's"

How someone can be a min/maxer and play a Ranger is beyond me.

Good Post.

As a Ranger on here you are going to have to kiss anyone's ass to get a group. Threw the Paladin under the Bus. :( He actually would have been a good partner.

I would bet some good plat this guy is not going to last very long as a Ranger on here just like about 3,000 people before him. Even mine has been on hold for years waiting for Velious. :eek:

Jimjam
12-20-2014, 02:33 PM
Rangers can't be choosers.

Sajuuk
12-20-2014, 04:38 PM
Fail thread has failed

sox7d
12-20-2014, 04:49 PM
Sorry but not looking to Duo with a paladin... The experience penalty from both of us would be too much

Ahahaha, on behalf of all rangers, go fuck yourself and roll up a monk.

As a Ranger on here you are going to have to kiss anyone's ass to get a group.

Naw, between harmony, bind sight and camo, rangers can turn anything outdoors into a viable camp and start their own groups extremely easy given there's anyone else LFG at the time.

Green_Moe
12-20-2014, 10:01 PM
I appreciate everyones input. While I was thinking the same thing about the xp penalty hypocrisy...I just let it go and said good luck. Sounds like a person I wouldn't want to group up with anyway. I am more of a person who wants to enjoy the journey and not so focused on the destination.

I realize there are different play styles to P99 and I can respect that.

webrunner5
12-21-2014, 05:45 AM
Naw, between harmony, bind sight and camo, rangers can turn anything outdoors into a viable camp and start their own groups extremely easy given there's anyone else LFG at the time.

You must play a different P1999 than the rest of us. :eek::eek:

webrunner5
12-21-2014, 05:52 AM
I appreciate everyones input. While I was thinking the same thing about the xp penalty hypocrisy...I just let it go and said good luck. Sounds like a person I wouldn't want to group up with anyway. I am more of a person who wants to enjoy the journey and not so focused on the destination.

I realize there are different play styles to P99 and I can respect that.

Good post. Yeah on Blue now it is even harder that a lot of people have went over to Red, so going to be even harder to get a group. Paladin is not the fastest leveling class on here, but they can Solo Un-Dead pretty well. :cool:

You just have to go to zones where people are. You can stay in MM till 34ish. Or go kill in Unrest yet. L Guk is the hot setup when you get high enough if you know the zone pretty well. But can pull to Z/L for awhile.. CoM at the Stables is good for Skellies, but more like level 35ish to do them.