PDA

View Full Version : Necro Noob To Do List for a Casual - Iksar

Poosammich
12-17-2014, 02:51 PM
Just looking for more ideas than I've already been able to come up with. Off the wall stuff that will get me geared with effort, and not plat... My spells eat all that TYVM.... Stopping the list at around lvl 40 for now, I'm currently lvl 16. Also some of these run on, and I'll take them as high as I can. I'm primarily looking for gear upgrades have I missed anything?

TL DR Did I miss anything relevant to an evil race/caster =<45 from the list below. Need to be able to solo, don't mind waiting a few levels.

Stein of Maggok not happening on this iksar necro.......

Lvl 16(?) Mirgon Dower's Head (http://wiki.project1999.com/Mirgon_Dower%27s_Head) -- wiki says 20+ but I cleared down to the cook pretty easy this morning. Got a skull last night, but got DC'd =[

Lvl 25-ish Sol Ro Necro Bits (http://wiki.project1999.com/ShadowBound_Armor_Quests)
Lvl 25-ish(?) Harvester (http://wiki.project1999.com/harvester)

Lvl 35-ish(if velious is out) Prayer Shawl (http://wiki.project1999.com/Coldain_Prayer_Shawl_Quests) at least up to 3 or 4 if not 7 eventually

NegaStoat
12-17-2014, 03:09 PM
A level 4 agnostic dark elf enchanter is all that's required to get a free stein of moggok. Here's how.

Make the elf. Run outside to Nektulos and beat up some skellys until you get a couple of weapon or cloth drops so that you will have about 3 gold. Run back into Neriak and buy your first level pet spell and a few tiny daggers. If you got lucky with a cracked staff or have a bit more gold, buy Gate as well.

Now run to East Freeport. Do the Janam & Rebby note passing quests (can be done together) a total of 16 times. You should be a bit into level 3 at this point. Head out to the noob yard in East freeport and summon your level 1 pet, and just cycle through killing beetles, skellys, and orc pawns to reach level 4. Because your faction was increased with the Janam & Rebby note passing, you are able to use the merchants here without issue. Memorize Gate and head home, or run home to Neriak if you don't have it.

Continue killing things to earn enough gold (if you need to) to obtain your level 4 nuke, level 4 pet, invisibility, illusion: human, illusion: half elf, and gate (unless you already have it). Mem then in.

You can now do the full Stein of Moggok quest. Jump on the boat to Ocean of Tears, use Illusion: Half Elf to pick up some kiola nuts (bring some gold for these, like a couple each). Gate home. Run to Kithcore woods during the day and beat up bixies and especially bixie drones to get your 3 honeycombs. The bixie spawns in Misty Thicket are way, way lower than old retail so Kithcore is your best bet for them.

Take on Half Elf form, give Kizzie Mintop your 30 gold pieces and 3 honey combs and get your Jum. Now run to Qeynos (you have invis, right?). Blow up fish in the pool one at a time (two total spawns) until you get a Koalindl fish. Hope very hard that you don't spawn the Avatar of Rodcet Nife fish while doing this.

Hop on the boat for Erudin. Use Illusion: Human and get your tonic. Gate home.

Run to Freeport. Use Human Illusion and get the compendium. Because you did 16 runs of Janam & Rebby note passing you do NOT need the level 8 Alliance spell. You will naturally have the correct faction level with the illusion alone.

Run the compendium to Clurg in Oggok, no illusion used here. An Agnostic Dark Elf Enchanter has the required faction alone to get the Stein.

The whole quest can be done in an hour or less (unless you need to get Kiola nuts for your bank, then it takes a bit longer). Leveling the DE up to 4 and getting the required money takes a couple of extra hours, but then you have the character to use to get more steins if you want them. Enjoy.

hammertime7795
12-17-2014, 03:23 PM
Chardok 2.0 shoulder and ring are probably better than doing the dain shoulder to 7. So start working on chardok faction. The dain ring however is required for every serious necro.

Poosammich
12-18-2014, 11:13 AM
Can an agnostic High Elf do this at lvl 6? Or does it have to be a Delf? If it does I can zoom to 4 and get mes a stein today LOL TY for the info! Chardok 2.0? I did not get too deep into gearing at end game. All of the stuff I got on live was bought, and as such my toons gear was dubious at best. I forgot about the regen on the dain ring hehe =]

Thanks for helping me flesh this out!

Feathers
12-18-2014, 12:30 PM
Start killing shadowmen as soon as you can, you'll need the faction for Solesk Ro to get the Harvester and the other necro bits.

The Words of Darkness book is great, free cast of Allure of Death, great for when your low on mana AND health.

Captiv8
12-18-2014, 03:36 PM
Can an agnostic High Elf do this at lvl 6? Or does it have to be a Delf? If it does I can zoom to 4 and get mes a stein today LOL TY for the info! Chardok 2.0? I did not get too deep into gearing at end game. All of the stuff I got on live was bought, and as such my toons gear was dubious at best. I forgot about the regen on the dain ring hehe =]

Thanks for helping me flesh this out!

Agnostic High Elf can get at 12.

azeth
12-18-2014, 03:58 PM
Chardok 2.0 shoulder and ring are probably better than doing the dain shoulder to 7. So start working on chardok faction. The dain ring however is required for every serious necro.

I dont believe this server is going to ever see Chardok 2.0

Bodybagger
12-18-2014, 04:28 PM
This shows under SK quests but not necro in wiki, ehhhh?

http://wiki.project1999.com/Visceral_Dagger

Dragonslayer
12-18-2014, 08:33 PM
A level 4 agnostic dark elf enchanter is all that's required to get a free stein of moggok. Here's how.

Make the elf. Run outside to Nektulos and beat up some skellys until you get a couple of weapon or cloth drops so that you will have about 3 gold. Run back into Neriak and buy your first level pet spell and a few tiny daggers. If you got lucky with a cracked staff or have a bit more gold, buy Gate as well.

Now run to East Freeport. Do the Janam & Rebby note passing quests (can be done together) a total of 16 times. You should be a bit into level 3 at this point. Head out to the noob yard in East freeport and summon your level 1 pet, and just cycle through killing beetles, skellys, and orc pawns to reach level 4. Because your faction was increased with the Janam & Rebby note passing, you are able to use the merchants here without issue. Memorize Gate and head home, or run home to Neriak if you don't have it.

Continue killing things to earn enough gold (if you need to) to obtain your level 4 nuke, level 4 pet, invisibility, illusion: human, illusion: half elf, and gate (unless you already have it). Mem then in.

You can now do the full Stein of Moggok quest. Jump on the boat to Ocean of Tears, use Illusion: Half Elf to pick up some kiola nuts (bring some gold for these, like a couple each). Gate home. Run to Kithcore woods during the day and beat up bixies and especially bixie drones to get your 3 honeycombs. The bixie spawns in Misty Thicket are way, way lower than old retail so Kithcore is your best bet for them.

Take on Half Elf form, give Kizzie Mintop your 30 gold pieces and 3 honey combs and get your Jum. Now run to Qeynos (you have invis, right?). Blow up fish in the pool one at a time (two total spawns) until you get a Koalindl fish. Hope very hard that you don't spawn the Avatar of Rodcet Nife fish while doing this.

Hop on the boat for Erudin. Use Illusion: Human and get your tonic. Gate home.

Run to Freeport. Use Human Illusion and get the compendium. Because you did 16 runs of Janam & Rebby note passing you do NOT need the level 8 Alliance spell. You will naturally have the correct faction level with the illusion alone.

Run the compendium to Clurg in Oggok, no illusion used here. An Agnostic Dark Elf Enchanter has the required faction alone to get the Stein.

The whole quest can be done in an hour or less (unless you need to get Kiola nuts for your bank, then it takes a bit longer). Leveling the DE up to 4 and getting the required money takes a couple of extra hours, but then you have the character to use to get more steins if you want them. Enjoy.

MT bixi drop the honeycomb easy.

loramin
12-18-2014, 09:27 PM

It's on the official timeline for what P99 is trying to cover:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Players:EQLive_Timeline

That being said, it's the fifth patch after Velious, and if you look at the pre-Velious patches it seems the devs average something like a year per patch. So if Velious drops sometime in 2015 and the devs keep up their current pace we can expect a revamped Chardok sometime in 2020 or so.

That's still technically "ever" ;)

Alukit Vassago
12-19-2014, 02:01 AM
It's on the official timeline for what P99 is trying to cover:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Players:EQLive_Timeline

That being said, it's the fifth patch after Velious, and if you look at the pre-Velious patches it seems the devs average something like a year per patch. So if Velious drops sometime in 2015 and the devs keep up their current pace we can expect a revamped Chardok sometime in 2020 or so.

That's still technically "ever" ;)

(May 2001[9][10] TBD Velketor's Labyrinth 1.5 revamp, Faction (ally) revamp
May 2001 TBD RunnyEye 2.0 revamp)

but wouldn't this be one patch then~? i mean why space out a patch that was done maybe a week or two between for a year? thou that would only make it 2019 >.>

hammertime7795
12-19-2014, 03:09 AM

Of course it will it was early velious. You may be thinking of chardok b

azeth
12-19-2014, 09:38 AM
Of course it will it was early velious. You may be thinking of chardok b

we have different definitions of classic

hammertime7795
12-19-2014, 09:45 AM
we have different definitions of classic

I don't know what that has to do with Chardok revamp aka 2.0 being part of velious content.