PDA

View Full Version : new to p1999 (WAR / SK)

Dera
12-17-2014, 09:56 PM
Good evening,

I first started playing EQ on Brell back in the Velious era and went through to PoP. I came back in 2009 with my old guild when Sony did the 51 w/ 50 AAs Mayong Mistmoore server. We raided content from Luclin ~ SoF at the intended levels over 6 months and then, once again, didn't have the time to dedicate to raiding. I went on to play and raid in a hand full of other games but everything paled in comparison to EQ.

Velious was really my first taste of raiding in any game and the benchmark to which I compare pretty much everything I've played since.

I'm pretty excited to check out p1999 and was really impressed when I saw over 730 people on during my first log-in. I've rolled up a Human SK ((Neurott)) and Ogre Warrior ((Derra)) and look forward to grouping up. If you've got a low level char and a spot hit me up.

Feathers
12-17-2014, 11:51 PM
Welcome!

Jigawatts
12-18-2014, 04:20 AM
Hail and well met sir. Welcome back to the eternal playground.

webrunner5
12-18-2014, 04:55 AM
Welcome aboard. Great server other than high end Raiding. It has gotten better but still wonky. But when Velious comes out I am sure it will free it up a bit. :D

Hexpane
01-16-2015, 07:26 PM
Can't be as bad as Mith Marr Raiding conflicts during the peak of Kunark and before the server split.

The main raid guild and the 2nd raid guild used to constantly argue over raids, and the main raid guild would simply just start taking what they wanted. GM's rules at the time were 'first come first serve" no matter what. It was painful for a long time.

Even getting a Guk Camp could be 1.5 hours of waiting back in those days. IDK how I made 50 when so much time was WAITING for GROUP or racing to spawns lol