PDA

View Full Version : New player

Wurmskull
12-20-2014, 05:38 PM
Hi, I'm completely new to the Everquest 1 world, although I've played a little EQ2 and a lot of EQOA. I'm just looking for a guild or a few people to talk to and group with as I explore all these new zones. I'm playing a level 4 Barbarian Shaman named Wurmskull.

webrunner5
12-21-2014, 06:11 AM
Welcome aboard. Everlost is a tough zone to make any plat on or get good gear. Just loot everything you can get. It adds up.

I would head to Blackburrow at 5 or 6 and get out of there. But you NEED to get some of your spells in Halas before you leave. Not many places to get Shaman spells in this game. Make sure you get SoW before you leave for sure even if you are not high enough to scribe it.

citizen1080
12-21-2014, 05:06 PM
You picked a really pain in the ass class/race combo...like literally the worst =)

I HIGHLY recommend you reroll basically any other combo. Shaman are great, barbs are great...but having to trek back to halas to train and get spells every few levels (since you wont be able to afford to stock up on spells as a new player) will most likely make you quit =p

Yes, you can lvl very far in your area...close to 50 iirc...but as a first time player...im assuming you don't want a solo game.

Also, newbies tend to congregate around Gfay and Freeport. So if you want easy access to groups and helpful people. I would avoid rolling on your current continent.

BUT, EQ is a game for those who enjoy having their teeth kicked in on a regular basis. So if that's your thing, stick with your current choice and welcome to P99.

citizen1080
12-21-2014, 07:24 PM
Its an endless debate. But Iksar shaman my preferred race. Ogre argued as the better solo shaman. Troll is fine too. All of them have much easier access to their spells and cities. Although iksar only if you stay on Kunark, which isnt a bad idea.

webrunner5
12-22-2014, 07:08 AM
You picked a really pain in the ass class/race combo...like literally the worst =)

I HIGHLY recommend you reroll basically any other combo. Shaman are great, barbs are great...but having to trek back to halas to train and get spells every few levels (since you wont be able to afford to stock up on spells as a new player) will most likely make you quit =p

Yes, you can lvl very far in your area...close to 50 iirc...but as a first time player...im assuming you don't want a solo game.

Also, newbies tend to congregate around Gfay and Freeport. So if you want easy access to groups and helpful people. I would avoid rolling on your current continent.

BUT, EQ is a game for those who enjoy having their teeth kicked in on a regular basis. So if that's your thing, stick with your current choice and welcome to P99.

Bob is right about running there. My Shaman is a Barb and you are talking hours and ports just to run to Halas. Not a easy place to get to, but can Bind someplace and Gate back so that part is not bad.

Trouble with the Ogre and Troll is they are Large race and a pain in the butt in Dungeons and some buildings size wise at times. But yeah when Velious comes out you will have wished you made a Ogre Shaman for the Stun resistance. Lot more mobs summon in Velious. A big deal solo, which they are probably one of the best in that expansion. :cool: