PDA

View Full Version : Introduction to P99

TD7275
12-22-2014, 04:21 PM
Hello all. Long long time EQ player here returning to where it all began, the best MMORPG of all time. I started in Vanilla EQ and played for most of the expansions, until my wife and I moved on to other games. I raided as a druid and a shaman; and hopefully, with the wife with me, will one day revisit some of the places and raids that we shared early in our marriage. Heck the first time I logged into Halas, I spent about an hour laughing and giggling at everything I remembered and had forgotten and I didn't even leave the town.

I was curious if there was a break down anywhere of what the stats for classes in P99? I had hoped to remake my shaman of old but it looks to me as if there are a LOT of shaman running around. Over my EQ time I've played every class quite a bit, and I hope for the wife and I to level not only a pair of characters that we enjoy but also may be more needed for groups/guilds.

I look forward to meeting many in the days to come. It's actually been a while since I've been excited about playing a new game, and I am very excited to be coming to P99. They say you can't come home again but right now I feel like I am. See you in Norrath.....

Sorock
12-22-2014, 04:29 PM
p99 Wiki will have a lot of the list type data and guides for "new"/returning players to get started with. Also most will chime in with play what you like, etc...

Welcome back and enjoy the journey!

webrunner5
12-23-2014, 11:53 AM
Yeah Wiki. Even after playing on here 5 years now I still use Wiki several times a day. Great source of information. :p

And Welcome Aboard also.

TD7275
12-23-2014, 07:57 PM
Yeah I've used Wiki quite a bit already. I decided to remake my old shaman for fun. So once again after a long time Ledas finds himself in Halas. Spent a while killing spiders, wolves, and skeletons and got to level 3. Had a blast the whole time. Get two mobs, run like hell to the guards lol. Had a few friendly higher levels run through and buff me, which was great. When I get back on again it'll be time to brave my way farther out and see if I can get into more trouble lol.