PDA

View Full Version : Gnoll fangs and Bloodsabers.

Veleria
12-30-2014, 03:17 AM
I recently started a Human SK in Qeynos following Bertoxxulus. I know the bone chip quest there is very popular and i have several stacks but I see the corrupt guards and thieves guild are not too fond of my turning in the teeth in Qeynos and I am not welcome in Halas. Will I be ruining my ability to use the guild in the aqueducts if I turn some in? I looked up the factions on the wiki and see there are NPCs on the bad factions in the sewers but I am not sure if they are in or near my guild. At the time I write this I am almost level 10 and have been hunting in blackburrow because its the only place I know of for my level nearby so a bit of bonus XP wouldn't hurt.

Thanks for the help I tried to get the info before coming here but it was all a bit confusing.

Veleria
12-30-2014, 06:34 AM
Well, I couldn't wait for Meditate so I bumped from 10 - 12 and after turning in all the moonstones ended up max faction with qeynos guards and apprehensive to corrupt guards and thieves guild so I can wander the city freely still. Hope this might help someone else.

note: after I dinged 12 I deleted the rest of my fangs not to risk screwing up faction and so I wouldn't rely on the fangs to do all my leveling.

Jimjam
12-30-2014, 12:16 PM
An alternative, for people with the faction, is to turn any remaining gnoll fangs in to the warrior guild in Halas.

Danth
12-30-2014, 12:42 PM
I have a level 60 human Shadow Knight from Qeynos. The only faction you have to worry about is your own--Bloodsabers. None of the NPCs inside your own underground temple will pose a problem if you trash corrupt guards or rogue faction, and you don't need a whole lot out of the city above anyway--the underground guild has food and spell merchants, a bank, etc. When my SK was new I handed in as many fangs as I had without the slightest regard for local faction. Truth be told it doesn't really matter even if you happen to ruin your own guild's faction; I haven't been back to my home guild since probably level 15 or so.

Danth

webrunner5
12-30-2014, 02:03 PM
I would not lose to much sleep on here about faction anywhere. It takes forever to get to 60 here, let alone doing faction work. And when you raise one faction you lose one someplace else. :(

When Velious comes out all the faction problems in there are done except Giant and Dragon stuff. And you can just spam stuff to get that changed pretty quick. No race on here can just go anywhere, even an Enchanter has problems with Illusions.

Celatus
12-30-2014, 04:04 PM
Ogres that follow RZ can go into kael possibly other followers of RZ too I don't recall. Most good races can go into thurg. But really classic faction is pretty meaningless for most race/class combinations outside of things required to complete epics.

Skinned
12-31-2014, 04:21 PM
As an Iksar Shaman I get trapped off Kunark from time to time and need a place to do my banking. Bloodsabre faction is an attractive option as I have heard that Iksar necros and monks are able to bank there with the tricks they have and that I might actually be dubious. My only experience in the Qeynos Aquaducts is when I first installed EQ and made a human shadowknight. I was level 6 went down to the aquaducts, couldn't see anything as all with horrible human vision, died, and never found my body. I just rerolled something else that didn't have to bank in the sewers of Qeynos after that. I may have to return though.

Catashe
12-31-2014, 08:33 PM
As an Iksar Shaman I get trapped off Kunark from time to time and need a place to do my banking. Bloodsabre faction is an attractive option as I have heard that Iksar necros and monks are able to bank there with the tricks they have and that I might actually be dubious. My only experience in the Qeynos Aquaducts is when I first installed EQ and made a human shadowknight. I was level 6 went down to the aquaducts, couldn't see anything as all with horrible human vision, died, and never found my body. I just rerolled something else that didn't have to bank in the sewers of Qeynos after that. I may have to return though.

ha ha i remember that feeling.. except i tried a human necro.. Had no idea how to get into the underground under the PvP area.. I high lvl took pity on me and showed me but that sewer.. omg so so dark.. after I got tired of it and made a Dark Elf... and boy the difference