PDA

View Full Version : Brand spankin' new player

Nalefein
01-02-2015, 09:53 AM
Hi all!

My in game name is Eladwen (for some reason I decided to roll a high elf instead of a dark elf :)). I'm brand new to P99, I installed it some time ago but couldn't deal with the old, blurry graphics - until I discovered all the wonderful graphical/UI enhancements that the p99 players have created and now the game seems much more appealing visually.

So anyway, I rolled a level 1 high elf cleric and this was my new-user experience. A kindly shaman ran by and gave me a fine steel great staff to use! Woooo.
I then ran around Felwithe trying to find the Cleric guild, ended up falling in the water and drowning (despite my mashing the keyboard trying to recall the swim UP! button). Ran back and tried to summon my corpse for a few mins and I succeeded - I needed my fs staff back :)

After that, I started the delivery quest (level 1 mailman FTW) to Kelethin - after being hopelessly lost and then finding my way up into the city, I fell off (splat!). In the middle of nowhere... but luckily, I once again found my corpse after a few minutes.

After doing my mail delivery runs (to level 5, that was painful), some kind gentlemang giving me 25 plat for transferring some gear. I was like omg wtf bbq!

So I'm now very much going towards the end of level 6, killing orcs in orc hill and desperately awaiting level 8 for my meditate.

Congratulations to the P1999 in truly creating the same experience I had back in 1999 (when I first played EQ, as an SK who leveled to 50 with the huge penalty just doing fear kiting). I'm completely hooked. After trying several different MMO's with huge budgets and nice graphics, I'm not going to go away from P1999. EVER.

That feeling when you help a groupmember survive with 2 hp... that feeling when you get jumped by a bunch of orcs with no mana. Oh man!!!!

Thanks for the wonderful experience. I will be donating nicely with my next paycheck =)

- Eladwen

Fountree
01-02-2015, 10:00 AM
Welcome to the server!

webrunner5
01-02-2015, 12:00 PM
Glad to see you here. Welcome Aboard. It is a really nice server with some great people on it. There is quite a few DE Clerics on here. But most are High Elf I would imagine. Dark Elf gets Hide which is a good thing since a Cleric never gets a Inviz spell.

So each class has its plus and minus. Pick which one you like the best and be happy. :p

Biaxil
01-02-2015, 05:37 PM
OP, play on RED. Its got all the same pve, plus the benefit of pvp, and no stalwart of a raid scene like blue does.

Nisei
01-02-2015, 10:56 PM
OP, play on RED. Its got all the same pve, plus the benefit of pvp, and no stalwart of a raid scene like blue does.

And phat exp bonus. I did 22-28 in a few hours today.

Don Shula
01-03-2015, 12:36 PM
Are you fighting in the crushbone I am maybe making a woodelve druid.. will message you

Nalefein
01-04-2015, 09:18 AM
Yup currently level 9 and in Crushbone. Join with me! As for the red promo, dying is enough of a hassle on my time already. Imagine being ganked.

And also it seems the pop runs steady at 265 or so. I really dont want to level alone as a cleric... :(

Jimjam
01-04-2015, 01:36 PM
How do you swim up?!

Veleria
01-05-2015, 12:58 AM
How do you swim up?!

Look up in first person view or (page up) key in 3rd.