PDA

View Full Version : Gearing Help Needed - Bard Charm Gear

mangobob
01-05-2015, 11:54 AM
I've looked on the wiki for guides pertaining to gearing a bard for charming, however they mostly focus on AOE kiting (which I've grown to hate).

Anyone able to list some inexpensive CHA gear for bards? Also I'm currently at 100 CHA, what would be a good amount to aim for most effective charming. I currently have no CHA gear, so when replying consider every slot available.

Catashe
01-05-2015, 12:21 PM
What? a bard charming instead of kiting 100 mobs at a time? Say it isn't so!

Plz someone help this bard, one less AOE kiting bard there is the better the server will be! =)

mangobob
01-05-2015, 12:26 PM
Lol I know. My internet connection lags randomly so that pretty much kills me. I also saw high lvl bards in OT bring the zone to a stop during their pulls which completely turned me off to it.

I find charm killing to be a bit more entertaining and zone friendly.

Jimjam
01-05-2015, 12:29 PM
You know the wiki has equipment by slot/class lists?

Take a look at items for each slot and sort by charisma. Note, being a wiki, the information is not complete. I suggest also looking at the enchanter page, much of the suggested equipment will be all/all (so bard usable).

Faydark Ringmail has +charisma on it if you are struggling to fill slots.

There are a decent number of crafted +charisma jewellery items.

If you are struggling to find a siryn hair hood, but have a high level friend that can help, consider doing the Mane Attraction quest (a subquest for the Rain Caller bow. Requires collecting two clumps of hair from gorillas in CT and some golden hair from a mermaid in Kedge near the zoneline). It's AC4 +10 charisma, so no way near as good, but better than nothing!

GinnasP99
01-05-2015, 01:06 PM
I saw a lvl 38 bard soloing in dalnir yesterday. What a champ