PDA

View Full Version : request: guide to avoid red grief

phacemeltar
01-06-2015, 08:31 PM
im getting tired of being chased around by blue con players that i cant land a spell on.. any suggestions?

nyclin
01-06-2015, 08:41 PM
try talking to them

bloodmuffin
01-07-2015, 01:15 AM
Welcome to red, have fun plugging, reading that ooc, and fighting fungi twinks. It'll get better towards lvl 50 once you can somewhat gear yourself. If not, scrounge up all the plat you can and transfer your red plat to blue, had about 20k on me and traded it for an RBG on blue. Good stuff, considering I spent almost a month leveling to 50's and camping gear, on blue it had taken far longer to get that kind of plat.

Hexpane
01-16-2015, 07:08 PM
What's weird to me is this feels like a timewarp, I remember the exact same issues on vanilla EQ, PVP was full of griefers or people who wanted PVP but not constantly.

They even had to patch the worst parts of PVP because corpse campers just dominated for months on end.

Gustoo
01-17-2015, 05:33 AM
What are you even talking about Hexpane?

Anyways, on PVP it will be hard to land spells on players with good resist gear. It is a fundamental area of imbalance between melee and casters in the game. Casters can never stack AC gear to resist melee damage but melee can stack resist gear to avoid casters spell damage.

The best option is to avoid those player killers and find fun ways to escape them. They aren't having that much fun just chasing you around, so take satisfaction in the fact that you are not giving them satisfaction.

On an item loot server you could try to get your friends together and catch that guy off guard and take a piece of his good level in-appropriate gear which made PVP worthwhile.

Unfortunately on a non item loot server like R99 there is no reason for you to engage that player, just avoid him and level up to level 60 like everyone else...sadly.

It's still a lot of fun though.