PDA

View Full Version : soo someone is gone

Satren
01-11-2015, 11:47 PM
It seems that a certain troll/noob aka marcusd has been banned off the forums and all posts deleted, not sure how i feel about this.... who am i going to troll all day

Seredoc
01-12-2015, 12:04 AM
It seems that a certain troll/noob aka marcusd has been banned off the forums and all posts deleted, not sure how i feel about this.... who am i going to troll all day

AWWWWWWW now who am I going to make images about?

SamwiseRed
01-12-2015, 12:57 AM
da fuck. didnt think he was toxic, just retarded in RL. RIP

Satren
01-12-2015, 01:00 AM
He was either the server's best troll, or the server's biggest idiot

Sadre Spinegnawer
01-12-2015, 03:34 AM
just being a forumquest troll is pretty weak. Do something astronomically dumb in game, earn yer moron status the old fashioned way, then go full retard on the forums. there are rules. This ain't 'Nam.

Mentathiel
01-12-2015, 05:56 AM
I almost feel sorry for him now. I never thought he was a troll, he just didn't grasp some of the basic thinking behind P99 and early-era EQ.

But hey, it's just the forum; he can still play, right?

Jimjam
01-12-2015, 07:01 AM
I didn't think he was a troll.

He didn't fit the p99 groupthink and was assertive in his opinion and only was dismissive of advice he asked for, but wasn't necessarily a troll.

He inspired me to roll a druid just to see what they are like to play.

bloodmuffin
01-12-2015, 09:06 AM
He's just as retarded in game as he is on the forums. No surprise.

At least he got banned before he could come crying to the forums on how long it takes to get out of his first hell level. I also loved how he would ask a question, get the answer, then cry about it.

Being an insufferable cunt is one thing but acting like you know a subject and trying to misinform people when in reality you never had the experience or even know what you're fucking talking about pisses me off.

Bristlebard
01-12-2015, 09:23 AM
A lot of his posts did seem... suspect. I'm pretty bad at picking out the "good" trolls.

But at the same time, there were a crew of haters on the forums who would rage about EVERYthing he said, even when what he said was mostly/entirely correct.

Kreylyn
01-12-2015, 09:31 AM
Troll or not... I don't know or care.

His behavior on the boards mirrored his behavior in game though, or vice versa. He was rather vocal in ooc or shout.

If he really did do some of the simple things in EC he was shouting about, then a ban does not surprise me at all.

Krey

Whirled
01-12-2015, 09:40 AM
Someone who is asking questions should not be banished or ridiculed.
Perhaps this is all just a misunderstanding?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdpCnRSeshU

maskedmelon
01-12-2015, 09:44 AM
I was skeptical at first, but there were a few comments he made that just could not be construed as anything more that an overt attempt to incite aggression from fellow forum-goers.

Mentathiel
01-12-2015, 10:26 AM
Someone who is asking questions should not be banished or ridiculed.
The questions were one thing, the reaction when he didn't get the answer he wanted was quite another.

Whirled
01-12-2015, 10:38 AM
Idk... guess I never will, lol
Perhaps I am being too compassionate?

kcsdman
01-12-2015, 11:08 AM
Oh come on, he started an RnF thread. He was a troll. Nobody's that stupid.

fastboy21
01-12-2015, 11:33 AM
Nobody's that stupid.

:p:p:p:p:p:p

Whirled
01-12-2015, 11:58 AM
I have no clue what exactly happened + I guess at this point, whatever....& I'm not hear to convince anyone of anything or judge anyone either. Was only trying to be neighborly.

Troll or not; it was a human being looking for attention even if asking in an untypical manner.

Diogene
01-12-2015, 02:42 PM
He probably got a warning or two in the first place. I'm pretty sure he told the GM to fuck off.

Manticmuse
01-12-2015, 05:11 PM
If he submitted even a fraction of the reports he claimed for slander...it is not surprising. Staff doesn't have time for that garbage.

loramin
01-12-2015, 05:24 PM
If he really had been someone else's troll account, as we all speculated, you'd think that person would have known better than to get the account banned.

In other words, it's ironic: by being a nuisance and getting banned, he finally succeeded in proving that he really was just a an idiot, not a troll.

Has anyone seen his char in-game since?

Sadre Spinegnawer
01-12-2015, 10:13 PM
He's just as retarded in game as he is on the forums. No surprise.

At least he got banned before he could come crying to the forums on how long it takes to get out of his first hell level. I also loved how he would ask a question, get the answer, then cry about it.

Being an insufferable cunt is one thing but acting like you know a subject and trying to misinform people when in reality you never had the experience or even know what you're fucking talking about pisses me off.

If he is not a troll, should he be banned? Just because he chain casts aoe facepalm on forumquest, well isn't that kind of classic?

harnold
01-12-2015, 10:36 PM
I always thought him to be a gentleman and an outstanding individual. Its a shame, I hope he gets his mess cleared up so he can come back

Seredoc
01-12-2015, 11:15 PM
I always thought him to be a gentleman and an outstanding individual. Its a shame, I hope he gets his mess cleared up so he can come back

You, Sir, need to be telling the truth so that he will come back for me to poop on all of his terrible and false ideas some more

Mentathiel
01-13-2015, 05:48 AM
If he is not a troll, should he be banned?
It entirely depends on why he was banned. The forum has rules and you'd have to assume that he was banned for breaking one of them even after being made aware of it.

Of course, he might not have been banned as punishment; some of the things he asserted were simply not true and so players looking on the forums for information could have been confused. Since he was not one to retract his statements, maybe the moderators removed him for the greater good. It would be unfortunate if he was banned simply for his lack of knowledge and understanding, but sometimes the needs of the many must outweigh the needs of the few or the one.

Maybe we will never know; there was no official announcement and MarcusD is not here to comment, so this will probably have to remain a private matter between a player and the moderation team.

webrunner5
01-13-2015, 01:01 PM
I am not too fond of ANYONE getting banned on here. But, He was just saying stupid things that I think influenced new players with totally wrong info.

I really don't think he was a Troll either, but just had no real clue about classes on here. Not glad to see him gone, but sort of glad to see it happen. He just pissed me off on his comments, and I guess I was not alone. :eek::eek:

Dragonslayer
01-13-2015, 03:03 PM
He did post an awful lot. If memory serves me right, in one of his very first post discussing the trials and tribulations of his Druid he stated that on a previous forum he was the top poster rating in the thousands of post. I think he was striving for quantity rather than quality, typing what ever came to mind.

Jimjam
01-13-2015, 05:27 PM
Quantity has a quality of it's own.

And dragonslayer you are like the Anti-Marcus D; only 49 posts since 01.2011!

Paleman
01-13-2015, 06:09 PM
who gives a shit.

Dragonslayer
01-14-2015, 12:32 AM
Quantity has a quality of it's own.

And dragonslayer you are like the Anti-Marcus D; only 49 posts since 01.2011!

LOL well only played a week or so back then and the game stopped working. Never could get it to work till I reloaded my computer to day one a month or so ago =).

Rararboker
01-14-2015, 03:10 AM
Sometimes I forget how old the average p99'er is. Then I see people who didn't realize Marcus was a troll account, which brings me back to reality. Some of ya'll old.

Jimjam
01-14-2015, 05:12 AM
Sometimes I forget how old the average p99'er is. Then I see people who didn't realize Marcus was a troll account, which brings me back to reality. Some of ya'll old.

I'm pretty sure he was a druid of some kind, not a troll.

kcsdman
01-14-2015, 08:16 AM

Seconding dis.

Satren
01-14-2015, 11:01 AM
I honestly don't believe he was a troll account, if it was he would know how far to push to annoy the crap out of people with out being banned; but I do believe he was an idiot.

Whirled
01-14-2015, 11:29 AM
idk... i've never grouped with him, met him, talked or anything but I would group up in this game with just about anyone since they also play the same game.

https://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVEU2WR5A4YX1lIaoIOcaCdtXxMeBQr HJaUgfUsJzS7jjmSAByAw

“Some people try to be tall by cutting off the heads of others.” ... Paramhansa Yogananda