PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with class choice.

Tehwoot
01-14-2015, 02:43 PM
i have recently came back to p99 and am having a tough time choosing what class to play as my main. I currently have a shaman, rogue, bard and enchanter all under lvl 30. In looking to play a class that can level alright solo when I can get a group and won't have a problem making extra plat during raid downtime.

Suggestions would be helpful, not 100% sure if any classes are better here than others compared to how live was. Currently looks like my best choice would be enchanter, shaman or Druid...

Thanks!

sox7d
01-14-2015, 02:55 PM
chanter druid necro mage like everyone else

Poosammich
01-15-2015, 08:53 AM
If you have the stomach for Bard I'd probably give that a go. I've always wanted to play one, but I just don't have the patience. That and I've been a Necro since day one. Bards can swarm kite like mad, and add spice to any group, and like many things a good one is hard to find.

Swish
01-15-2015, 09:23 AM
chanter/shaman/necro

Everyone seems to have one just for plat farming if not their main character.

maskedmelon
01-15-2015, 09:56 AM
Of the classes that you have I would lean on shaman/chanter. Both are desired in groups and both can solo very well. Shaman is more easily able to solo, but more difficult to gear.

Catashe
01-15-2015, 01:23 PM
If you have the stomach for Bard I'd probably give that a go. I've always wanted to play one, but I just don't have the patience. That and I've been a Necro since day one. Bards can swarm kite like mad, and add spice to any group, and like many things a good one is hard to find.

Just say "No" to bards... Do we really need another bard kiting everything on this server? lol

DrKvothe
01-15-2015, 01:31 PM
Shaman solo power is greatly enhanced by twinking at lower levels, an epic at higher levels, and some really expensive spells at 60. Enchanters start very weak but become much stronger through spells and relatively inexpensive equipment like goblin gazughi ring (instant charm break) and rod of insidious glamour (for clicky to remove GCD).

Enchanter soloing comes with two major annoyances. 1) If your pet does damage than you, it steals half the experience. Solo enchanters use mem-blur or charm break and a single nuke to claim full exp. Still, quite annoying. 2) You're quishy, and sometimes an unlucky resist might force you to bail (cap out) or die.

These annoyances can be entirely offset by duoing with a priest class. They can hp buff and heal you, help with roots, etc. When you have a second person in your group, your pet stops stealing your exp, so you dont have to worry about that. Finding a priest class to duo with you should never be particularly challenging, and together you'll be significantly more powerful than anyone else your level solo.

Also, nothing is in higher demand for exp/loot groups than enchanters.

Greegon
01-15-2015, 10:40 PM
tehwoot. what a great forum name