PDA

View Full Version : FNG Inc!

Griffball89
01-15-2015, 06:48 PM
Hey guys setting up to play p99 for the first time, cant wait to get back to kunark... Jumped into live yesterday and something is definitely missing. Hoping p99 can help fix that. It has been forever since I played this and Im hoping this will be a pretty active server!

Any tips or suggestions for older players that have been away for a while coming to p99???

citizen1080
01-15-2015, 11:53 PM
Go play on red =) Less people, camps are open, xp is better, raiding is better, um...

Also, don't roll a gear dependent class for your first char...people usually forget just how hard EQ is starting out after all these years.

Swish
01-16-2015, 12:20 AM
Welcome Griffball, I'd echo Bob's advice... blue is far more populated. While that makes a lot of gear cheap and available, you'll find you'll be LFG a lot more often because there's too many people trying to cram into the popular XP areas.

Give both a try perhaps, see which one suits you better :)

Mandalore93
01-16-2015, 01:00 AM
If you've been playing other MMOs since your time in EQ you should try out Bard. Only class that can keep my attention going anymore.

maskedmelon
01-16-2015, 09:46 AM
Hey guys setting up to play p99 for the first time, cant wait to get back to kunark... Jumped into live yesterday and something is definitely missing. Hoping p99 can help fix that. It has been forever since I played this and Im hoping this will be a pretty active server!

Any tips or suggestions for older players that have been away for a while coming to p99???

Welcome! Notable differences from classic live: clerics are the most common class, monks are the best tanks and bards are the best groups. Wait....

What is FNG?

Kindread
01-16-2015, 03:04 PM
What is FNG?

Fu*king New Guy.

Started back in the 60's during the Vietnam war where the other soldiers would refer to the new guys as a FNG!

Rickles
01-16-2015, 03:29 PM
welcome

maskedmelon
01-16-2015, 04:28 PM
Fu*king New Guy.

Started back in the 60's during the Vietnam war where the other soldiers would refer to the new guys as a FNG!

Oh, now that you mention it, I think I have heard that before ^^ tyx

Griffball89
01-16-2015, 05:34 PM
hey thanks for the info guys, i played a little last night and i didnt realize i had forgotten how harsh this game was esp in the beginning lol. rolled me up an iksar necro

Griffball89
01-16-2015, 05:36 PM
ps, i cant edit because post isnt approved yet but is there any way to get debuff timers in game i know its a shortcut but i dont feel like relearning all the ticks again

thanks again guys

GinnasP99
01-17-2015, 12:35 PM
ps, i cant edit because post isnt approved yet but is there any way to get debuff timers in game i know its a shortcut but i dont feel like relearning all the ticks again

thanks again guys

Hold alt and hover mouse over the buff box. It'll display timers on everything.

Griffball89
01-18-2015, 02:40 PM
Hold alt and hover mouse over the buff box. It'll display timers on everything.

Note i said debuff

littlebobby3
01-19-2015, 05:12 AM
Hacks? Don't think you can display that

Rararboker
01-19-2015, 05:16 AM
Definitely not a classic feature. I don't even remember it so it must have come after LoY, because that is when I quit.

maskedmelon
01-19-2015, 10:25 AM
Hmm in the Velious Ui that I am using, I can a buff timers, but am unsure that it works for debuffs. I agree that it was not a part of classic, but was added by PoP when I quit.

Griffball89
01-19-2015, 12:28 PM
Can I copy and paste the current live ui into my pet folder and use that because I really enjoy put but I want so of the current quality of life changes they have made like target of target and debug timers under the mob

maskedmelon
01-19-2015, 12:33 PM
If you can make it work you are free to do as you like with the UI. I suspect that will be either difficult or not possible unfortunately. Target of target is totally not classic though ^^

Formshifter
01-19-2015, 12:36 PM
you'll find you'll be LFG a lot more often because there's too many people trying to cram into the popular XP areas.

Based on my experience, the best way to avoid this is to make groups and go to less popular xp areas. There are plenty of dungeons and whatnot to lvl in that people rarely go to.

maskedmelon
01-19-2015, 12:44 PM
Based on my experience, the best way to avoid this is to make groups and go to less popular xp areas. There are plenty of dungeons and whatnot to lvl in that people rarely go to.

*nods*

Befallen, Uguk, HHP, RE ^^

webrunner5
01-20-2015, 08:44 AM
Welcome Griffball, I'd echo Bob's advice... blue is far more populated. While that makes a lot of gear cheap and available, you'll find you'll be LFG a lot more often because there's too many people trying to cram into the popular XP areas.

Give both a try perhaps, see which one suits you better :)

Problem with Red is, which I play a lot now is the because, "there's too many people trying to cram into the popular XP areas", is those areas are where you get Ganked the most because grievers know SOME people will be there. Note I did not say, Lots of people. P1999 is the same Blue and Red. Some Assholes on each. :eek:

Griffball89
01-22-2015, 11:22 AM
Im enjoying blue its challenging like the original and grindy which is ok with a group and some solo too i wouldnt want to cheapen it with the bonus exp

Also side note wow i didnt recall how effing hard it is to get any stat gear back in the day the struggle is real

webrunner5
01-22-2015, 02:20 PM
Im enjoying blue its challenging like the original and grindy which is ok with a group and some solo too i wouldnt want to cheapen it with the bonus exp

Also side note wow i didnt recall how effing hard it is to get any stat gear back in the day the struggle is real

Yeah, starting new can be a ass buster. I made good plat selling HG Bear Hides and Spiderling Silks and Bone Chips in the EC Tunnel to start. Plus you can get some good buffs there to level and maybe even get some free gear if you do not beg too much lol. :p