PDA

View Full Version : I need a "dumbed down" guide to installing P99

HardnDaPaint
01-17-2015, 02:03 PM
So I dl'd titanium from one of those "kickass" sites.

Dl'd DaemonTools.

What do I do from here?

I clicked on "disc 1" of the file contents and it started to install but when it asked for disc 2, I was lost.

HardnDaPaint
01-18-2015, 03:10 AM
i mean this is absolutely ridiculous. why is it so difficult to get this game up and running???

i've waded through most of the BS getting this game to run and now after deleting those files they tell you to get rid of and extracting the p99 files into my eqemu folder and i hit "launch titanium" - it gives me the dsetup.dll error message. no AV programs even on my comp at the moment so wtf?

webrunner5
01-18-2015, 06:15 AM
You have to have a program that will mount a ISO file. Look on the Web. Lot of them floating around for free. Maybe that is your problem??

foldupmonk
01-18-2015, 09:30 AM
Once it says disk 2, just mount up disk 2 in daemon and start again. I actually think you can make 2 virtual drives with daemon tools so could have 1 and 2 up, then 2 and 3, etc.

Sixpence
01-19-2015, 08:26 AM
Did you read the 'Read Me' within the DL ? It's pretty straightforward from what I remember.

Darkian
01-19-2015, 08:45 AM
Search Project 1999 instead of titanium on kickass, no daemon tools required.

loramin
01-19-2015, 03:07 PM
Here you go: http://wiki.project1999.com/Everquest_Titanium_Installation_Guide

Xer0
01-19-2015, 07:57 PM
Once it says disk 2, just mount up disk 2 in daemon and start again. I actually think you can make 2 virtual drives with daemon tools so could have 1 and 2 up, then 2 and 3, etc.

You can make way more than 2 virtual drives. Whenever I install Titanium fresh, I upload all six discs at once and just switch the letter when prompted.

Anyway you need a program like Daemon tools (I recommend DTlite.. Don't ask, just google)
after running the program you need to "mount" the Everquest Discs to a "virtual drive". once you do this you just direct the install wizard to the location of your virtually mounted discs, ususally E:/F:/G: depending on what's already in use by your system.

I have a hard time sympathizing with OP becuase mounting ISO's is something I've been doing since I was twelve, I can understand the confusion as my early foray into finding "freeware" online, it sometimes got confusing.. but it is possible to figure it out on oens own. Also, that guy that mentioned the FAQ/Readme? Yeah there's that too.

Search Red99 on kickass, no daemon tools required.

Also only do like this if you feel like spending your first hour reconfiguring keyboard controls, UI setup, and chat colors; dude did a great thing by making this available, but he really should have used his highly specialized/ridiculous keybinding parameters.

loramin
01-19-2015, 08:47 PM
I have a hard time sympathizing with OP becuase mounting ISO's is something I've been doing since I was twelve, I can understand the confusion as my early foray into finding "freeware" online, it sometimes got confusing.. but it is possible to figure it out on oens own. Also, that guy that mentioned the FAQ/Readme? Yeah there's that too.

To be fair, the whole reason I made that guide was because Derubael asked, and the reason he asked was because lots of other people were having difficulty with the install. So maybe OP is a little less technical than some, but at least he has plenty of company.