PDA

View Full Version : Hello! im new to EQ

Zurax
01-18-2015, 02:07 AM
Hello, i am brand new to EQ..i heard if you wanted a true EQ experience to come to p1999. Well here i am, im having a hard time trying to figure out what i want to play. I've always like supporting so i was thinking maybe bard or some other supporty role?

Also.. how do i get around outside of town if i dont have a map! lol i was wondering around earlier for like 30 min completely lost and in higher lvl mob areas.

Erock KVen
01-18-2015, 02:30 AM
Also new to Everquest as of 2ish months ago I started off here on red 99. Prepare to google a lot of maps and still get lost, prepare to die a lot, and prepare for a real challenge. There's a lot of fun to be had in the game. If you play on red (pvp server) send a tell to "Erock". I'll be happy to answer questions to the best of my knowledge and pass down any useful knowledge I may have gained in my 2~ months of playing so far.

Edit: As far as roles go choose what you like :) Depends on what server you play on and what you like doing I suppose.

Good luck to you

webrunner5
01-18-2015, 05:28 AM
Welcome Aboard. Well at one time all of us we lost all the time on EQ. But this site should help you a lot I think. http://www.allakabor.com/eqatlas/atlas.html

It takes time and practice to get good at anything, and even seasoned Veterans die a lot on this server. :D It is hard mode for sure.

Jigawatts
01-18-2015, 04:43 PM
Welcome to the server, and to EQ. :)

Support classes eh, well Cleric, Shaman, Enchanter, and Bard are all support style classes.

Cleric is all about the healing, can also give some buffs.
Shaman is all about the buffs (and debuffs on mobs), can also do some healing.
Enchanter is all about many things, buffing (awesome things like mana regen and haste), debuffing, CCing, charming, illusions. They are also a tough class to master.
Bard is about a little bit of everything, they can give a plethora of benefits to groups via their songs, they also have the most active playstyle of any class in EQ, somewhat similar to the mechanics of modern MMOs.

All 4 classes can solo well (clerics less so, though they can solo undead well).

Zurax
01-18-2015, 07:06 PM
Alright thanks everyone for your input! i'll def check out that website and bookmark it :D. I think im going to make a human bard named Faraddil on blue server, and i think im going to make a Iskar shaman named Veriia. Hopefully if you see me dont rage at me for being completely new!

maskedmelon
01-19-2015, 10:20 AM
Welcome to P1999 Zur! I don't expect you will find many players to rage on you for being new^^ to the contrary most will be inclined to help you find your way. Have fun!

Whirled
01-20-2015, 12:05 PM
Welcome to the best ( +most time consuming?) game ever. If u need a port lmk