PDA

View Full Version : Great Community

Teneran
01-19-2015, 12:20 PM
I started on P99 about a month ago having not played since the expansion after PoP (that expansion was so bad i can;'t even recall the name of it!). I've really been very pleasently surprised how really kind and generous so many people have been to a new player. I've been messing around with a necro and enchanter (both in the teens), i played a wizard on Live. So far I have experienced the following:

1. Two different people just gave me money. It wasn't a lot but it helped me buy spells at 8/12 which can be very hard without any help.

2. On 3 occasions I've been randomly offered mid-level items by established players, most recently a Crude Stein on my enchanter which is awesome since i have been messing around with charming.

3. Like an idiot I died in EC last night and forgot I was bound in Gfay. I'm sitting naked at the wizard spires steeling myself for the run and boat ride 60 minute corpse run. Since I wasn't far from the tunnel, i thought I'd check if a high level cleric was in EC who might not mind doing a rez. I searched and founda 60 cleric in "commons" ... I thought that was EC (turns out it's WC). This cleric then offered to run to EC and rez me. So generous to a total stranger.

Anyway ... I just wanted to use this post to acknowledge all the really nice and kind people I've run across in only one month. Thanks!

Sixpence
01-19-2015, 12:22 PM
This is really reassuring to read/hear Ten.

Donvito
01-19-2015, 12:27 PM
Ten,

It's been great grouping with you the last few nights! You're a damn good Enchanter and good people yourself! Send me a tell if you're ever LFG!

Stratt

maskedmelon
01-19-2015, 12:41 PM
I know of at least one person who will be offended that thet was not recognized here ^^ and no it is not me :p glad to hear you find the company a agreeable ^^

Teneran
01-19-2015, 03:35 PM
In trying to be brief I also forgot to mention a few others things:

1. Ubers killing Lord Shin at Orc 1 in EC a bunch of times.
2. A bard pulling a huge part of EC to us in Orc 1 one night and locking it in place while we beat it to death. he must have done this 5 or 6 times. That was outrageously fun.
3. A monk and an SK killing a griffin to 2%, putting it in run mode and letting us kill it for XP at Orc 1.

Whenever you get specific you invariably leave someone out, my apologies. The point is the same, it's bene a very friendly and supportive community for new players. :-)

maskedmelon
01-19-2015, 03:52 PM
Apology accepted! Though I am not really sure why, I was just poking fun and aside from this thread know nothing of you I those who know you :0) Always good to see threads like this though and glad to here new peeps having fun! ^^v