PDA

View Full Version : New Guy

Tyendinaga
01-21-2015, 12:08 PM
Hey folks,

Just figured I'd pop in and say hello to all of you. I just learned of this server the other day and got my stuff setup as well so I guess I'll be joining all of you on Project 1999.

I'll be completely honest. I haven't actually played Everquest before. I played Everquest II briefly and World of Warcraft before, but I've never played Everquest, let alone the classic version of it. I haven't the slighest clue clue what I'm doing or what's going on half of the time I'm playing but it's proving to be pretty fun.

'Course I managed to get stuck in a city for half an hour, almost drown because I couldn't find a way out of a pool of water and had to rapidly alt tab between surfacing to find to get out. Found way out of the city, Killed a thing, got killed by a thing. Had to recover my corpse. Still haven't a clue of anything.

I like it.

webrunner5
01-22-2015, 02:43 PM
Welcome Aboard. I would start a Class in West Freeport, so you can go to EC Tunnel to get some good buffs and maybe even a little bit of free gear.

I would probably start a Human character because that is where they start at. Do not play a Melee toon other than a Monk. All others too expensive to equip. Casters Get Gate and Bind Affinity. 2 great spells for new people. I would recommend a Caster class. You are allowed to have 8 characters on each account. So you can try a few different ones and see how they work out for you.

I think I would make a Human Mage if I was you, an easy, and pretty cheap class to play. The Pet is super awesome, and they can do nearly all the work for you.

Good luck to you. Try to join a Guild soon and ask question using /ooc. :)

Kindread
01-22-2015, 03:02 PM
Agreed with webrunner5, make a Human Mage. Stick with the Fire pets while leveling and let them do most of the heavy lifting (just make sure to at least do 1 point of damage to the mob or the pet takes a big chunk of XP).

Save the bone chips and pelts you find and sell them for some starter gear. Look for cloth armor with +mana or +int. Don't spend a bunch on a weapon, you wont be attacking things fairly soon.

Head on over to the p99 wiki page and click on the Magician link, there is a lot of good information there. Also check out this link for a good leveling guide.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/14X04cMHSguOSFYaUPGbf7v8oF8B41-ypXG1IXOzTzi4/edit?hl=en&pli=1

maskedmelon
01-23-2015, 10:19 AM
Hey folks,

Just figured I'd pop in and say hello to all of you. I just learned of this server the other day and got my stuff setup as well so I guess I'll be joining all of you on Project 1999.

I'll be completely honest. I haven't actually played Everquest before. I played Everquest II briefly and World of Warcraft before, but I've never played Everquest, let alone the classic version of it. I haven't the slighest clue clue what I'm doing or what's going on half of the time I'm playing but it's proving to be pretty fun.

'Course I managed to get stuck in a city for half an hour, almost drown because I couldn't find a way out of a pool of water and had to rapidly alt tab between surfacing to find to get out. Found way out of the city, Killed a thing, got killed by a thing. Had to recover my corpse. Still haven't a clue of anything.

I like it.

Welcome Tyens! Glad to have ya here ^^ your pool experience sounds a lot like one of mine in Felwithe ^^ Things are sure to. Be confusing at first, but learning is half the fun. Glad to here you are enjoying yourself and don't hesitate to ask if you've any questions ( on the boards or in the game). This place is full of peeps who are eager to help ^^