PDA

View Full Version : Hi Folks (newbie incoming)

Cyborgazm
01-21-2015, 05:56 PM
Hey all,

I just heard about Project1999 on Reddit last night. As soon as I get home I will be downloading the client and what not.

I'm thinking I'll be going Iksar Necro, since it is less gear dependant and decent for soloing.

See you all in Norrath!

bulbousaur
01-22-2015, 01:18 PM
Welcome!

Kindread
01-22-2015, 01:36 PM
Check out Field of Bone (one of the newbie zones off from Cabalis, your starter city). There are quite a few newbies running around right now and groups are pretty easy to come by during peek times.

You also have Kurn's tower nearby as your first dungeon, which is one of the better ones.

make sure to look up the Curscale skin quest, and the Scorpid Pincher quest. They offer a good chunk of XP and some armor from the former.

So far the low level grouping has been amazing, i've grouped everynight, sometimes multiple times and just hit my teens last night.

It's a good time to be joining the game!

webrunner5
01-22-2015, 02:10 PM
Welcome Aboard and the Ikky Necro is a great choice to make. Cheap gear wise other than spells to buy, which they get a LOT of. :p

Cyborgazm
01-22-2015, 03:33 PM
Thanks guys! I rolled a human necro, as my friend may be joining as a halfling soon. Made it to level 4 this morning and had just enough for spells.

Should I head to commons now and fight trash around there?

maskedmelon
01-23-2015, 10:13 AM
Welcome to the Project! That char choice should offer you a steady stream of pp in short order ^^ Good luck and have fun!

webrunner5
01-23-2015, 01:37 PM
Yeah, go to the tunnel to get some good buffs and maybe even some free gear. And also can sell HQ Bear Hides and Bone Chips, Spiderling Silks to make some plat to buy Gear and Spells. :D

Keraph
01-23-2015, 04:51 PM
Welcome, fellow new player! I'm kicking around on a Dark Elf SK and I'll be trolling around the Commonlands soon enough, so I'll see you around!

Cyborgazm
01-23-2015, 07:06 PM
Welcome, fellow new player! I'm kicking around on a Dark Elf SK and I'll be trolling around the Commonlands soon enough, so I'll see you around!

Cool. I will be back on shortly. Currently level 5.