PDA

View Full Version : Hail, Project_1999_Forums!

Keraph
01-22-2015, 01:02 PM
Hello everyone! I am a new player to Project 1999, I learned about the server after a hankering to see some old EQ content lead me to the 'Everquest Classic Adventures' YouTube series by Vareous/Flatts. Watching the adventures of Reptox scratched the itch, but only made me want to dive back into the world that I first entered just before Ruins of Kunark was released. (Incidentally, it amuses me to no end that the Prima strategy guide for EQ/RoK I bought as a naive young gamer is now relevant in my life again!)

I am playing a Dark Elf Shadowknight named Vumelil, and have plans for an Iksar Shaman as well. I lead a pretty busy life, and my wife and I recently had our first child, so I have no ambitions towards hardcore play or endgame raiding; I just miss the world that meant so much to me when I was new to online gaming and MMOs, and I want to have some fun adventures and makes some friends, visit some of my old favorite zones (Befallen, I'm coming for you!) and generally bask in nostalgia.

I look forward to meeting members of the community, and being as involved as my life allows! See you all in Norrath!

Shoutout to Elziveir (Butchered spelling) for hooking my low level self up with some Bronze Bracers! It's a little thing, but it means a lot right now and my appreciation is beyond measure!

webrunner5
01-22-2015, 02:16 PM
I hope you do realize that the DE SK will have a 40% XP penalty and the Ikky Shaman will have a 20% XP penalty. Both great classes, but a little stiff to start off with new in a game.

But welcome Aboard. This is a great sever, but Hard Mode at times. :p

Keraph
01-22-2015, 02:24 PM
I know, I did some research about it and eventually made my choice based on aesthetic preference, personal likes and in the former case nostalgia (My original EQ character was a DE Warrior that I primarily solo'd on because I hate my life, and a later revisit saw him transformed to an SK).

I really like the SK class, XP penalty aside, and given my expected level of play and lack of drive to hit cap as soon as possible, I think I can bear the slower progression. I hate the concept of an XP penalty based on race or class, but that is what it is and I wouldn't be here if I wasn't prepared for hard mode! XD