PDA

View Full Version : Dain resists are too high

wycca
01-23-2015, 01:31 AM
We played with Dain tonight, noticed his resists are a bit off.

Belly or not, no wizard spell would land. Multiple wizards tried all 3 lures multiple times, with full enc/shm debuffs - full resists. Nary a partial.

Should be weak enough to fire that a regular (non-lure) fire spell can land reliably.

Source - http://web.archive.org/web/20021130050146/http://graffe.com/

Click Library, click uber mob resists.

Please note that it specifies just HOW resistant they are. Dain rates a 1 in fire "regular nukes hit most of the time". Just fyi 2 is "Regular nukes are somewhat resisted" and 3 is "About the same efficiency as regular nukes and lures". You can do some math from that pretty easily IMO (compare lure efficiency and calculate a resisted non-lure efficiency as a encmark for setting 3 ratings). Cold he is a 6 "lures resisted so much I may as well play gems", and a 3 on Magic.

Note, several other mobs likely need resists adjusted based on this as well, I don't have experience with resists on every mob, but I'm guessing some are off. I know Statue I've had fire lures not land, this shows regular fire should land (he's a 2). The MR he has feels about right for a 4 btw. Might bear review for Velious mobs in general since it's got a pretty good bit of info for various mobs.

Alunova
01-23-2015, 10:00 AM
On live mobs were completely MR before slow immunity was added, so you are likely seeing rates after they were rebalanced. Dain should be completely CR and MR if I remember correctly. I'll check fr/dr/pr when I get back from work, but I'm pretty sure I remember lowering them.

winko
01-23-2015, 03:34 PM
Yes I'll second that Graffe.com was the definitive resource for Wizards back in the day, the Uber Mob Resistance chart especially so.

As Graffe said, Dain should be quite weak to fire, but I tried Lure of Fire, Sunstrike, and Flames of Ro (clicky fire lure) several times and none landed, even partially. Belly or not. Including after a successful Malo. Not classic!

Winko 60 WIZ

wycca
01-23-2015, 04:40 PM
On live mobs were completely MR before slow immunity was added, so you are likely seeing rates after they were rebalanced. Dain should be completely CR and MR if I remember correctly. I'll check fr/dr/pr when I get back from work, but I'm pretty sure I remember lowering them.

Yea you're right, that's the oldest version we have of the resist chart though, so it includes slow-flagged mobs/etc.

So with the 6 in Cold, (which is undoubtedly 100% CR), and 100% MR thing - your CR/MR resists sound correct. Just the fire then (sorry no idea on PR/DR).

The only other mob on the list I've tested all of these on is Statue, which I can confirm is NOT weak to Fire, and should be a 2. Lightning lure lands, and regular magic nukes feel like they're a proper 4. Cold lures fully resisted which seems right with the 6. I'll try to test the other mobs and compare.

Nirgon
01-24-2015, 02:40 PM
Dain was like Hoshkar fire resist abouts

Alunova
02-13-2015, 07:43 PM
adjusted the non immune resist rates for next patch

wycca
03-05-2015, 11:00 PM
Dain resists are still too high for FR. Fire lure now lands np though btw.

As stated above, he is ranked as a "1" - which means regular nukes should land np. Even with OOS and Malo for -FR, we were still getting like a 100% resist rate for regular fire nukes (ie Sunstrike & Draught which are -10).

Nirgon
03-10-2015, 04:28 PM
AoW resisted my lure of ice half the time and yes I was melee range casting

He should have lower cold

Ice well guards should be Mr/cr immune also

winko
03-10-2015, 05:41 PM
AoW resisted my lure of ice half the time and yes I was melee range casting

He should have lower cold

No, very high Cold Resist is Classic, see the graffe.com link above.

However, I agree with wycca that the Fire Resist is still too high, very low FR is Classic, lure of fire should not be required, I could not get any Sunstrikes to land.

Winko of TMO

wycca
03-10-2015, 07:15 PM
Winko - I think you're talking Dain, and Nirgon is talking AoW?

AoW is FR if I recall (he does, after all, have a flame graphic), I think ice landed ok for me though. He's just a horrid fight for a wiz due to mass # of hp. Seems like a fight I'll bring my ranger to.

winko
03-10-2015, 07:16 PM
Winko - I think you're talking Dain, and Nirgon is talking AoW?

Oh right, my bad