PDA

View Full Version : New Barb Shaman, great to be back!

Mcdoogin
01-24-2015, 02:03 PM
I have a level 5 Barbarian Shaman and I'm getting back in to the groove. I've done the fungus quests a few times in Everfrost for spells, any other must do quests or tips/posts I should read? Thanks and maybe McDoogin will see you in game and thank you as well!

Sixpence
01-25-2015, 07:25 AM
/wave

Welcome back Barbie!

The Greyweasel guide http://wiki.project1999.com/Greyweasel%27s_Shaman_Guide is worth a read.

Sixpence
01-25-2015, 07:42 AM
Also worth a look is : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHYr6N5nTyFQ5nWX4YlHujg

I found his adult, rather meandering approach to the returning player invaluable.

https://www.youtube.com/user/level1undercon <<Well worth a look too. (Server specific tip's & what not).

maskedmelon
01-26-2015, 10:45 AM
Hi there McDoogs! Welcome and glad to here you are having fun! My knowledge of the frostlands is limited and so I've little to offer in terms of advice said from: stay warm! ^^

webrunner5
01-26-2015, 01:00 PM
I think Everfrost has to be one of the worse starting zones in the game. :eek:

But sad to say as a new person you sort of HAVE to stay there till level 5 or 6 to be able to run thought Everfrost and BB to even get sort of out of the place. Then you need to be there so you can buy spells in Halas and Everfrost from Stern.

No place else you are welcome as a Barb to buy spells from. Have to make a troll alt to go get it from the Hand in the Swamp only real way to do it. But it is a great class and a Barb is a good toon for one.

Welcome back and GL. :D

mgellan
01-26-2015, 01:27 PM
I think Everfrost has to be one of the worse starting zones in the game. :eek:

Nah, EF is a great starting zone - start near Halas ramp when you're young, get skellies and polar bear cubs for cracked staffs and pb skins. Save the skins and sell them to people making Leatherfoot Raider Skullcaps for 10pp ea, they're the hardest piece to get or turn them into Cindl for pathwork armour if no one is buying. Once you get to 5 start on the Gnolls at the BB entrance - you can spend a lot of time in BB collecting gnoll teeth to hand in to the barb war GM in Halas for xp and coin.

See the guide linked below, a lot of it is shaman centric since thats my main. Have fun, you just chose the best race and class combo in game IMHO (screw the min/maxers)

Regards,
Mg

loramin
01-26-2015, 02:52 PM
Nah, EF is a great starting zone

Agreed ... once you learn to avoid the Vengefuls (but until you do it will be a terrible starting zone).

Mg has some great tips, but one though: I think the Qeynos turn-in of the fangs gives more XP than the Halas one.

Bodybagger
01-26-2015, 04:15 PM
http://wiki.project1999.com/Tribunal_Symbol_Quests

And hand gnoll fangs in at qeynos warrior guild not everfrost, for max xp. can turn in 4 at a time unstacked.

Everfrost one of best newb areas imo, can easily get to 5-6+ without moving zones. Can be a tad tough at lvl 1 but lvl 2+ is faster there than any other newb zones because of better lvl2+ mobs

webrunner5
01-27-2015, 06:51 AM
They have Nerfed the Gnoll Fangs in BB. Not much worth the effort anymore.

Swish
01-27-2015, 07:24 AM
Still worthwhile on red if you're local.

DrKvothe
01-27-2015, 01:12 PM
Nah, EF is a great starting zone - start near Halas ramp when you're young, get skellies and polar bear cubs for cracked staffs and pb skins. Save the skins and sell them to people making Leatherfoot Raider Skullcaps for 10pp ea, they're the hardest piece to get or turn them into Cindl for pathwork armour if no one is buying. Once you get to 5 start on the Gnolls at the BB entrance - you can spend a lot of time in BB collecting gnoll teeth to hand in to the barb war GM in Halas for xp and coin.

See the guide linked below, a lot of it is shaman centric since thats my main. Have fun, you just chose the best race and class combo in game IMHO (screw the min/maxers)

Regards,
Mg

Very much agree. Especially for someone returning after a ~15 year break from live, EF is a fantastic newbie zone. You've got a relatively large variety of stuff to kill (spiders, bear cubs, goblins, skellies all in the same place). There's ridiculously stupidly higher level wanderer that will beat you dead out of nowhere (total classic feel!). There's short term cash for bags from rusty weapons and a lot of high pp stuff from bears (I found 4 HQBS from 1-6 in EF) for when you make that first trip to EC to buy a weapon and 5/55 rings.

Having recently played a troll warrior alt, I have to say that I definitely prefer innothule to EF, but I'll take either of them over WFP and EC by a long shot.

Bodybagger
01-27-2015, 07:10 PM
^ No friggin way... I HATE innothule/feerott newb zones... UGuk is awesome but probably prefer BB to it as well, for leveling. Though Uguk has loot won hands down, as well as level range you can stay there. 5-30 in uguk totally possible, and beyond with LGuk. Could do a solid group of people from 1-50 without ever changing newb bind spot easily I bet, and be at no disadvantage level speed wise, and get some nice gear along the way. Limited to sham, war, sk, but who cares... that'd get it done for a group still.

loramin
01-27-2015, 07:53 PM
They have Nerfed the Gnoll Fangs in BB. Not much worth the effort anymore.

Before they gave 100% un-classic XP, now they give normal quest XP, just as they did on live back in '99. Just as the quest was worth doing back then, it's still worth doing here, especially since it's so low effort (if you're already looting the gnolls and already going back to town periodically then it's almost zero extra effort).

DrKvothe
01-27-2015, 08:56 PM
I just finished 1-9 in Innothule on my troll warrior and I've gotta say it was fantastic. There's a high concentration of lvl 3 to 5 mobs at map location 5, with lots of level 6-8 stuff at map location 2. Basically you've got non-stop options for dark blues, white cons, and yellow cons through 8ish. Everything but the crocs are social and aggressive, so I guess it wouldn't be fun with a completely non-twinked char with a rusty weapon, but I went to town with my jade mace (no fbss or fungi).