PDA

View Full Version : Hello, new and willing to work!

NaturalMystic
01-24-2015, 06:29 PM
Many months ago friends I had on the server (who are no longer with us, but I will explain further in a sec) begged me to come back and play with them, in an attempt to resurrect our experience all together in 1999. Back then, our friend group had entered the game together, and would keep doing so until the end of PoP.

I haven't touched it since then, moved on; played other games. I've never been able to capture that feeling though, something I think everyone who resides on the p99 servers understands.

After much deliberation I reluctantly joined again, not wanting to get a glimpse of what was, and wish that it would last more then what I knew could only be fleeting moments.
They pooled cash together, MQ'd me a Epic on Rogue (which I tried to explain would be overkill, but the plan was to try and quicken my speed through to endgame).

Of course, as I knew it would, things very quickly deteriorated; I think something about bringing it all back together (the group) as a whole didn't click; things were said between them, and a few left. Then the rest.

I had little interest in soloing, as it defeated the purpose of EQ in my eyes; I stopped playing about a week in, epic and all, discouraged and disappointed.

That is, until the other day when I decided that it was time for a second try, I mean why waste an epic'd character that is otherwise just sitting there. Could just be my old addictive nature coming back out; being teased by the game only nurturing those feelings further.

Anyway, TLDR I'm a low level epic'd rogue looking for a guild or steady group, with no current relationships in game, but I'm willing and able to put in 100% effort essentially 24/7 in order to do my part, be a good kind member of the community, and experience endgame once again, this time more hopefully longer then lives transition from Kunark --> Velious ---> Luclin.

Burrito
01-24-2015, 06:42 PM
It sounds like you overplay and burn out repeatedly. Maybe just tone down the playtime?

When you say low level, what level are we talking about?

NaturalMystic
01-24-2015, 07:33 PM
This all went down almost immediately, so I solo'd to 10 (although could be 14, I haven't logged in again yet, waiting to figure out my situation group-wise) before deciding I didn't want to solo the game (this time around at least).

I do burn myself out occasionally I admit, but my statement about potential playtime is more just to say my schedule can work around the situation whenever; not that we will have to play longer then normal.

Flavia
01-24-2015, 07:38 PM
Hey man, are you possibly interested in putting together a perma group? I suppose I'm in a similar boat as you are right now. I recently came back to P99 after a year of FFXIV (got to T13, got annoyed with gear progression of modern MMORPGs, bye~). I have a shitload of free time on my hands lately and a decently twinked out level 24 shaman. I've been keeping my eyes open for a group that meets daily to every other day and plow our way to 60 while having fun/friendship/blabla but I haven't had much luck.

Amplitude
01-24-2015, 08:02 PM
lol you burned out b4 level 20? 50-60 is gonna take you years hahaha

NaturalMystic
01-24-2015, 08:12 PM
I would definitely be interested in that Flavia, send me a PM of some times that might work for you and Ill try and figure it out; another player sent me a message that his brother and him are looking for a group as well, so maybe we can all roll together.

For the record Amplitude I didn't burn out before 20, I didn't want to solo the game.

I've min/max'd in Ultima, EQ, FFXI, Lineage, WoW, and others; it will take longer then 50-60 or post to burn me out.

webrunner5
01-25-2015, 09:25 AM
lol you burned out b4 level 20? 50-60 is gonna take you years hahaha

Very true. I would kill to have a Epic Rogue. One of the neatest classes in the game with it. And there are ways to backstab even solo if you practice at it. Not counting you can sneak up to a lot of mobs.

Not many groups going to turn down a Epic Rogue lol. :eek:

Tiarnan
01-27-2015, 02:50 PM
Hit me up on either Arcot, Cafow or Peppy. My 13 Cleric would love to pair up or even start groups.