PDA

View Full Version : Back by the Noobie Log

Dreigned
01-28-2015, 02:51 AM
Old EQer (started with Kunark) back to it. I love this classic mode, so thanks to you 1999ers for making it happen. When I stopped playing I was mostly in love with my Beastlord, I sure hope we get back to that point. :) Just started out my new DE Necro and I didn't realize how much I enjoyed that starting area. All of the players I ran in to today were friendly and helpful. Thanks guys!

Blue - Dreigned - DE Necro - Happy to be here!

maskedmelon
01-28-2015, 10:14 AM
Hi there Dreigns! Welcome to 1999 and happy hunting the murkiness of Nektulos ^^

bulbousaur
01-28-2015, 01:58 PM
Don't expect to ever get a Beastlord. This server will not be expanded to Luclin unless someone else were to take it over, heaven forbid.

Bodybagger
01-28-2015, 02:13 PM
Neriak was always a seriously underrated cool city, and the feeling of killing halflings instead of just random mobs was always cool too, even on blue you had a real sense of racial pvp when you got to/had to kill other races and NPC's not just random wandering mobs.

The newby log is a very popular area on red99 for young dark elves as well, I am always seeing 4-5 in the area when I pass through on my trolls.

webrunner5
01-28-2015, 04:18 PM
[QUOTE=Bodybagger;1761443]Neriak was always a seriously underrated cool city,QUOTE]

You should say to get lost in, with the Third gate and all. Not counting dying as a DE at the Warrior Guild just for killing a FEW Orcs in CB lol. :eek::eek:

Bodybagger
01-28-2015, 04:30 PM
hahahaha just had a hilarious but tragic incedent with my troll shaman and another fellow doing the symbol of innoruuk necklace quests... go to 3rd part of quest hand ins lfay and he gets WRECKED by the tier dal elites... apparently he spent some time being a bad dark elf ally in CB to get his levels... no clicky clinging darkness necklace for him!

CLASSIC EQ moment... felt so bad but also was hilarious. Especially after I had mistakenly handed in part 2 to wrong guy and had to repeat steps 1 and 2 again, and then after he got ganked, I tried to repeat steps for 3 again to MQ it for him but the items got munched so he too was back at square one.

It was the best of times... it was the worst of times...

Mentathiel
01-28-2015, 08:13 PM
Neriak was always a seriously underrated cool city

You should say to get lost in, with the Third gate and all. Not counting dying as a DE at the Warrior Guild just for killing a FEW Orcs in CB lol. :eek::eek:
Is that even possible? My wood elf rogue, who killed CB orcs until her faction couldn't get any worse, walked into the Warrior's guild using an illusion mask to appear as a dark elf and was able to receive and complete quests. I think they were dubious, but I'm safe in Neriak as long as I keep my illusion up.

MrSparkle001
01-28-2015, 10:27 PM
Lots of fun memories of the deleveled troll trio Moe, Larry and Curly wtfpwning newbies at the newbie log on rallos.

Dragonslayer
01-30-2015, 11:19 AM
Is that even possible? My wood elf rogue, who killed CB orcs until her faction couldn't get any worse, walked into the Warrior's guild using an illusion mask to appear as a dark elf and was able to receive and complete quests. I think they were dubious, but I'm safe in Neriak as long as I keep my illusion up.

Should have been ok with the illusion up regardless of your faction. Kind of one of it's perks.

myriverse
01-30-2015, 02:53 PM
You should say to get lost in, with the Third gate and all.
That was my first memory of EQ. Now, it all just seems so simple.

Sadre Spinegnawer
01-30-2015, 04:22 PM
The title of this thread told me all I needed to know lol.

wb!

sadre
58 dark elf.