PDA

View Full Version : Old player possibly returning.

devildog12345
01-28-2015, 11:25 AM
old vet from the 7th hammer server. never made max lvl in think I made lvl 73 on my enchanter. I have been wanted to play really bad for a week now, and might have a friend or two to join me. would we be solo most of the way or are there low lvl characters or toons to group with.

Also almost all of my characters started in Freeport. just wondering is this the old Freeport or the new one they changed to?

how are the more famous camping spots, like if I wanted to farm for a FBSS, would there be other there?

bulbousaur
01-28-2015, 01:56 PM
Plenty of grouping at low levels, just /ooc lfg!

This is the old Freeport.

Yes the cash camps are definitely camped.

Bodybagger
01-28-2015, 02:20 PM
depends on blue or red server... blue = lots of population so lots of groups, though some levels are just plain over crowded and makes leveling tedious (like old school when you had a full group and held down just a small camp for slow steady xp) while red has less grouping options so more cobbled together groups, but endless mobs to slay, and huge xp bonus = levels fly by when you get a good grind group going, but people have twinks they will log in hourly and swing through and decimate groups of unsuspecting newbs if they don't fight back

And indeed, old Freeport... old any zones...

and on blue all camps are camped 24/7 but it doesn't matter because they have been in kunark for 4+ years and the massive top end heavy level range of the server and permanent camp status means the market is highly saturated with items in circulation bringing prices down, and also EC tunnel is 100x what is was on live at any point. You could start, and within a week or two or spending 1-2 days 1-3 hours a day trading, basically stock market your way from rags to riches.

All of that said though you're a necro and levels will be more valuable to you than gear and you won't need a lot of gear to be able to solo or aid any more or less with more gear in most group situations.

August
01-28-2015, 02:23 PM
Lots and lots of people at the lower levels to group with. As you go up the ramp you will find yourself shoehorned into certain zones, namely unrest / mistmoore.

if you are playing with friends I highly suggest going to alternate zones and having a blast. I leveled with my wife from 1-40 doing only 1-2 levels per zone and it was an amazing time - got to see a ton of the world that i'd never really explored before. Have fun with it!

maskedmelon
01-28-2015, 02:45 PM
Groups are very easy to find, provided you visit he right areas. Eastern Antonica starting areas such as Qeynos and Halas are not too popular, but lots of action from HHP east. Faydwer is always busy. A lot of old world camps are frequently solo camped by high levels, but there are always opportunities for level appropriate groups to jump in. You two will have a blast ^^ welcome and good hunting!