PDA

View Full Version : Feels good to be back!!

Mojo24
01-30-2015, 11:18 PM
Last time I played was in 2002. A solid 13 years ago. The only other MMORPG I played was WoW.

I miss EQ. No hand holding period. Having to actually worry about death is nice, and having no gear and scraping copper together to buy spells is a relief and feels good, as opposed to having everything handed to you in your first hour of gameplay.

No in game map is killer haha. I have my tablet next to me with eqatlas up and a nice hotkey with /loc set up so I don't lose my corpse.

Anyway, thank you to all of those who have made Project 1999 possible and a success. I'm having a blast. Back to grinding away with my level 2 High Elf Cleric.

Feel free to add me if you want to group, leveling in Gfay, then moving to crushbone then probably heading back to Antonica to the Qeynos area as that was my favorite leveling area and I am most familiar with it.

-In game name: Moeski

polishanarchy
01-31-2015, 02:10 PM
Welcome to the server!

Keep in mind that the Qeynos area isn't generally as populated as others, if you're looking to find groups. But I can't argue with sticking to your favorites.

maskedmelon
02-02-2015, 11:36 AM
Hi there Moes! Welcome to the party and glad to hear you are having fun! I just ran a chanty through GFay and am dazzling some orcs in CB. Maybe see you around! Good luck ^^

GSZ
02-02-2015, 11:53 AM
No in game map is killer haha. I have my tablet next to me with eqatlas up and a nice hotkey with /loc set up so I don't lose my corpse.

-In game name: Moeski

The no in game map is my favorite part of this game... Well, actually the lack of a glowing GPS dot to stare at rather.

P1999 is / was my first EQ experience. I still remember getting lost in Upper Guk after spending a few days camping the entrance, getting a few levels and then getting the courage to explore deeper in. I had never been lost in an MMO before (again, nearly impossible to ever be lost when you have a giant GPS dot to follow on your map at all times...), and the level of adventure and danger this brought to my gaming experience is what has had me hooked on this game ever since.

This has turned into quite a random rant - what I really wanted to say was welcome back!