PDA

View Full Version : Hi (from a 99-00 EQ player)

Smokeyj420
01-31-2015, 09:38 PM
I played EQ back in 1999-2000. I found out about project 1999 about a week ago when I was browsing twitch.tv and saw a player named Jadoken from the guild Inglorious Basterds streaming a plane of hate raid. This brought back some nostalgia - as I played a Cleric to 50 (later 60 with kunark) for about a year from summer 99 to summer 00 - and did some PoH raids myself.

A couple days after seeing the stream I got the client and P99 files and rolled up another cleric. I played for a couple nights...and it's just like I remember it.

Although I decided for a combination of reasons against continuing (I deleted the files yesterday), it's clear that the p99 team has put a lot of work into this. And I wanted to at least say hi to the community and wish you all good luck.

webrunner5
02-01-2015, 07:35 AM
Hmm, sorry to see it didn't work out for you. Hope you make a comeback some day. Missing out on a lot of fun and great people on here. :)

maskedmelon
02-02-2015, 11:29 AM
Sorry to see you go Smokes! Glad to hear it is as you remembered though, means we must be on the right track ^^

Bodybagger
02-02-2015, 11:35 AM
Sounds like he logged in to check it out... logged out 18 hours later, and realized he should've never sampled the Evercrack again... OP currently in dark closet shaking after cancelling his internet service at house to protect himself

Smokeyj420
02-02-2015, 11:14 PM
Sounds like he logged in to check it out... logged out 18 hours later, and realized he should've never sampled the Evercrack again... OP currently in dark closet shaking after cancelling his internet service at house to protect himself

LMAO. Actually it was about 3 hours of playing, followed by about 5 hours of browsing the p1999 forums the following evening.

When I first saw the twitch.tv stream I got hit with a wave of nostalgia. But then I began to remember a more complete picture of my 99-00 EQ experience - which, to be honest, had a lot of negative. Such as lost bodies, intentional trains, long wait times (sometimes I could jump the line as a cleric but more often not), conflicts within guild over loot, acts of sabotage and griefing against other guilds over raid spawns (of which I was both a victim and perpetrator), etc.

I want to make clear that the devs here have done a great job creating classic EQ. It's just that I'm not really interested in doing classic EQ again.

Clark
02-03-2015, 03:47 AM
Welcome!