PDA

View Full Version : Played Blue, no prob. Played Red, wtf.

Absenthe
02-03-2015, 01:20 PM
So, I started off on p99 reluctantly on blue because an old RL friend/EQ player showed me the emu. Played on blue for about a year, streamed a lot and met a lot of cool people and had fun for a time reliving EQ memories. But, being from TZ, I missed pvp quite a bit, so I tried red out and dabbled around, but had difficulty finding groups and gave up.
The entire time I'm on Blue I heard a lot of things about the p99 staff, good and bad, and I was always curious why some people could possibly have a problems with the GMs. Hell, Sirken even came into my stream and started following me.
Eventually, I got bored, my time on the box dwindled and I played on and off for a while.

In comes the forced beta and the Red pop jumps and I get on one of the toons I made and I can actually find low level groups. My fate is sealed and I've been playing Red since.

Flash forward to now, within a matter of the last 2 weeks I've been ooc banned for 90 days for responding to someone else cursing at me in ooc (said person got no ooc ban), had my guild name deleted for the name "massacre" yet somehow the biggest guild on the server is named "holocaust," and had the name of my shadowknight changed.. not before the week I played him constantly and leveled him up to 25 but after I put in a petition to have a guild made with a completely unoffensive name. Name changed, then ignored when I ask about the guild. (SK's name was Antichrist Superstar, not sure where that name breaks the rules unless "offending the stupid" is a problem)

Do Red players just get treated like shit or???..... I'm honestly curious because all this shit is making me want to quit the box, and that's really saying something considering EQ is basically digital heroine. We both know I won't quit cold turkey, but I can definitely see other things becoming more fun than leveling "mardikoth" the sk while unable to look for groups for the next 2 months through ooc.

HippoNipple
02-03-2015, 01:29 PM
They got rid of guilds without enough active members, that might have been why the guild was taken out.

Sirken said he got help from blue guides so the people changing your name are from blue and they may or may not hate red, who knows.

daasgoot
02-03-2015, 01:31 PM
never had a name changed
guild name never removed
never been banned
never been suspended
never had ooc privileges revoked
DT'd once by Deru for PVP at GM event

Milton
02-03-2015, 01:36 PM
Is this a Holo app?

Absenthe
02-03-2015, 01:39 PM
They got rid of guilds without enough active members, that might have been why the guild was taken out.

Sirken said he got help from blue guides so the people changing your name are from blue and they may or may not hate red, who knows.

Then why flat out ignoring me when I ask about the guild thing later? Hell, I even sent in a petition asking about guilds and if I could make one, or if I need more members and never got a response but I didn't feel the need to throw that into the rant.
Got 3 RL friends brand spanking new to EQ and no chat for them to find each other when I'm not on, made that very clear in my petitions too.

HippoNipple
02-03-2015, 01:40 PM
Then why flat out ignoring me when I ask about the guild thing later? Hell, I even sent in a petition asking about guilds and if I could make one, or if I need more members and never got a response but I didn't feel the need to throw that into the rant.
Got 3 RL friends brand spanking new to EQ and no chat for them to find each other when I'm not on, made that very clear in my petitions too.

Maybe the guids going through to clean up the names aren't the same people who answer petitions.

HippoNipple
02-03-2015, 01:40 PM
guides

Absenthe
02-03-2015, 01:42 PM
Maybe the guids going through to clean up the names aren't the same people who answer petitions.

I'm referring to Sirken, as he is the only person I have had any interaction with other than Eunomia telling me he didn't know why Sirken deleted my guild, just that it was labelled offensive.

Eunomia
02-03-2015, 01:45 PM

Yes

All action taken by guides is at the direction of lead GM Sirken.

We don't hate anyone. We love you all. Some more than others.

Videri
02-03-2015, 01:46 PM
Hi, I'm guessing your character's name was changed because it violates the naming policy (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2651). It prohibits (among other things):
-Names of religious, occult, or significant historic origin (e.g. Jesus, Allah, Satan, Stalin).
-Names from popular media. These names can be either fictional (e.g. Rambo, Darthvader) or non-fictional (e.g. Garth Brooks, Pierce Brosnan, George Washington, Michael Jordan).
-Common words and phrases that would not be found in the time, place and setting of EverQuest (e.g. Switchblade, Phaser, Toaster, Cannabis).

Maybe the name was an issue because Christ is a religious figure and/or Jesus Christ Superstar is from popular media. Sirken said they'd contact you so you could pick the name, though. Did they not do so? If so, hopefully they'll let you set it.

Eunomia
02-03-2015, 01:48 PM
Eunomia telling me he didn't know why Sirken deleted my guild, just that it was labelled offensive.

I may not have known the plan at that point. I don't think I said it was deleted for offensiveness? I don't remember saying that. I might has said I didn't know the reason at that point.

I now know, guilds under 10 members or inactive players were deleted.

Absenthe
02-03-2015, 01:49 PM
Yes

Red isn't hated, just me, got it.

Eunomia
02-03-2015, 01:51 PM
Red isn't hated, just me, got it.

Think you'll eat some worms?

HippoNipple
Well this isn't the first time you have made a thread complaining about the server. It actually seems to be about the only thing you do.

Cymeon
so you swear in ooc, name your character "antichrist" which would offend any christian, u fucking moron, and then have less then 10 people in your guild after they stated they would remove guilds that had less then 10 people.

BUT WHY AM I GETTING PICKED ON?? IM GUNNA QUIT!! WAAAAAA

stop bitching, follow the fucking rules and you wont get a slap on the hand. would fucking ban you after this post. and the whole "but this guy said XXX and nothing happened", thats just shitty. dont bring down the whole ship because you got sank.

Absenthe
02-03-2015, 01:52 PM
I may not have known the plan at that point. I don't think I said it was deleted for offensiveness? I don't remember saying that. I might has said I didn't know the reason at that point.

I now know, guilds under 10 members or inactive players were deleted.

Ah, maybe you said it may have been the reason but you didn't know. was something along those lines. I asked that very question in petition a few times, thank you for clarifying. Because it was confusing as hell why I can't manage to get a guild made and being ignored point blank made it seem a bit more sinister than it is I suppose.

Absenthe
02-03-2015, 01:54 PM
so you swear in ooc, name your character "antichrist" which would offend any christian, u fucking moron, and then have less then 10 people in your guild after they stated they would remove guilds that had less then 10 people.

BUT WHY AM I GETTING PICKED ON?? IM GUNNA QUIT!! WAAAAAA

stop bitching, follow the fucking rules and you wont get a slap on the hand. would fucking ban you after this post. and the whole "but this guy said XXX and nothing happened", thats just shitty. dont bring down the whole ship because you got sank.

I never came here to bitch, I posted a series of questions and they got answered for the most part. Seemed like an effective way to get answers when ignored in game.

Eunomia
02-03-2015, 02:05 PM
I asked that very question in petition a few times

We have a very small staff. I respond to those petitions also. I wasn't clear on how we were handling guilds on red, so was leaving them pending until I understood.

Cymeon
02-03-2015, 02:08 PM
Of course you knew the answers before you came here to ragepost, dont patronize yourself. you came here to rage because you didnt get the level of response you wanted in game, and making a big show on the forums on how bad the staff to draw them out.

you are not a unique snowflake. also, not the first to do it.

Absenthe
02-03-2015, 02:10 PM
We have a very small staff. I respond to those petitions also. I wasn't clear on how we were handling guilds on red, so was leaving them pending until I understood.

Yeah, that's why I was fine with waiting a few weeks. But, yeah, like I said, the flat out ignoring my questions was what made me think it was more sinister than it was. (in tells not /petition)

Absenthe
02-03-2015, 02:11 PM
Of course you knew the answers before you came here to ragepost, dont patronize yourself. you came here to rage because you didnt get the level of response you wanted in game, and making a big show on the forums on how bad the staff to draw them out.

you are not a unique snowflake. also, not the first to do it.

You just made an ass out of u and me boy.

Absenthe
02-03-2015, 02:15 PM
Honestly, Cymeon, tell me what you first course of action would be if you had your guild deleted, waited weeks with no response, finally get a GM into tells, he changes your name and when you ask about the guild you want made, they flat out ignore you and all your niceties.
My guess is to probably start a shit storm crying in /ooc, but that would be me assuming.
I chose the forums.

vouss
02-03-2015, 02:40 PM
Where did they say you needed 10 people in your guild by the way? If I had known I would of tagged some alts. Now Sirken is saying I have to have 10 real people online at the same time. I have no friends on the server because everyone is jealous of how good I am at this game, how is this fair?

Tassador
02-03-2015, 02:45 PM
tldr blue sucks harder than Pam did tommy.

Glenzig
02-03-2015, 03:25 PM

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178114

Maybe you should actually read up on stuff (Like the naming policy) before raging out on the forums. One click of the mouse answers all your questions about why your guild was disbanded and how to go about creating a new one. If I were a gm or guide I would ignore the willfully ignorant also.

Absenthe
02-03-2015, 04:05 PM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178114

Maybe you should actually read up on stuff (Like the naming policy) before raging out on the forums. One click of the mouse answers all your questions about why your guild was disbanded and how to go about creating a new one. If I were a gm or guide I would ignore the willfully ignorant also.

/yawn

dontbanpls
02-03-2015, 04:06 PM
Not really surprised you haven't had the best reception as you have presented yourself as a piece of shit

derpcake
02-03-2015, 05:17 PM
Yes

Guide Moregan did an excellent job resetting the mob Azrael pulled under the world on their Suave alts.

I hope he has a big fucking hammer to go with his fast response times.

derpcake
02-03-2015, 05:18 PM
To most of you FQers I'm sure its just peanuts, but its bothersome when some nerd uses mechanics in an obviously unintended way to park Captain Rotgrime under the world.

I guess "real pvp" and "small crew" amounts to "sploiting in tier 11 zones".

derpcake
02-03-2015, 05:20 PM
Oh and Redd training, then being stupid enough to admit it, A+.

I'd totally bother to post the screenshot but I'm busy digesting my double McDonalds happy meal. After I'm done with that I intend to assemble the toys, so I won't be back 'till tomorrow.

Nerds.

Absenthe
02-03-2015, 05:25 PM
I'd totally bother to post the screenshot but I'm busy digesting my double McDonalds happy meal. After I'm done with that I intend to assemble the toys, so I won't be back 'till tomorrow.

actually, i'm not even mad. that's amazing.

Mudslinger
02-03-2015, 06:34 PM
Guide Moregan did an excellent job resetting the mob Azrael pulled under the world on their Suave alts.

I hope he has a big fucking hammer to go with his fast response times.
Yes Moregan responds fast is fair and seems to bend over backwards to try not swinging the suspension hammer ...... but it looked like it hurt when he swung it

Moregan is awsome
Seriously I had a petition answered in under 5 min yesterday

Absenthe
02-03-2015, 06:38 PM
Yes Moregan responds fast is fair and seems to bend over backwards to try not swinging the suspension hammer ...... but it looked like it hurt when he swung it

Moregan is awsome
Seriously I had a petition answered in under 5 min yesterday

That's awesome, hope to see him around.

note: on the guild deletion thing, it makes sense now, but at the time my guild was a day old when it got deleted for not having enough members... so it seemed a bit fishy. sorry, I'm not an avid forum poster, figured something so big would have been in the motd.