PDA

View Full Version : New player - Wizard

falcuk
02-08-2015, 10:57 AM
Hey all

Started playing original EQ on release day in the UK, stopped playing a few days after GoD released, mostly due to RL but also due to my dislike for the expansion at that time.

Last couple of years ive been hopping on and off EQ1 on the test server, i had heard about p1999 a few times but never decided to check it out until now.

So here i am, decided to make a Wizard in Gfay (Original toon i played as a HE Paly) i got to level 2 last night and it brought back so many memories, even managed to die in Steamfont when i decided i could take a yellow kobold, i was wrong haha.

So anyhow, new player here, playing a Wizard, looking forward to making my way, if theres any Euro Guilds out there who have room for a small one i would love to hook up and relive the old days with other folks :)

Wargrade
02-08-2015, 12:05 PM
Welcome!

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/117/814/are-you-wizard.jpg

Swish
02-08-2015, 12:39 PM
Hey all

Started playing original EQ on release day in the UK, stopped playing a few days after GoD released, mostly due to RL but also due to my dislike for the expansion at that time.

Last couple of years ive been hopping on and off EQ1 on the test server, i had heard about p1999 a few times but never decided to check it out until now.

So here i am, decided to make a Wizard in Gfay (Original toon i played as a HE Paly) i got to level 2 last night and it brought back so many memories, even managed to die in Steamfont when i decided i could take a yellow kobold, i was wrong haha.

So anyhow, new player here, playing a Wizard, looking forward to making my way, if theres any Euro Guilds out there who have room for a small one i would love to hook up and relive the old days with other folks :)

Nice to see another UK player getting on the server. Europa is the only real dedicated Euro guild that raids (which does also have a bunch of Americans/others who play at Euro primetime)...but there's other guilds out there too.

I'd perhaps suggest getting in with a leveling guild such as <Damaged Goods> or something to help get some groups together locally.

You can run the bard mail quest from Felwithe to Kelethin for some extra gp, sell your CB belts to greedy/lazy players who want to fast track an alt, and overall wizards aren't a bad class (will certainly be more popular with Velious around the corner).

Hope you enjoy your time here, ask around on the forums if you need any help and don't forget there's a P1999 wiki full of guides, maps, info etc :p

Cyborgazm
02-08-2015, 12:54 PM
Welcome!

Rararboker
02-08-2015, 02:10 PM
Welcome!

Played a wizard for my first char here too. It wasn't too bad tbh.

Mentathiel
02-08-2015, 04:17 PM
Nice to see another UK player getting on the server. Europa is the only real dedicated Euro guild that raids (which does also have a bunch of Americans/others who play at Euro primetime)...but there's other guilds out there too.
For what it's worth, there are a few Europeans in <Unreliable> and I think someone might be thinking we could group up, but given how apt the guild's name can be...

You can run the bard mail quest from Felwithe to Kelethin for some extra gp, sell your CB belts to greedy/lazy players who want to fast track an alt, and overall wizards aren't a bad class (will certainly be more popular with Velious around the corner).
If you do decide to hand in your CB belts, pick up the mail from Kaladim ("I will deliver mail to Kelethin") before you gate back; the NPC is hard to miss, since he is a wood elf in a dwarf city and right on the path from BBM to the hand-in. It's hardly going to push you up through the levels very fast, but it does help if you are headed that way anyway.

There are NPCs in Felwithe who want black wolf pelts (in the caster guild) and bone chips (in the cleric guild) to help you level a little faster too. You'll pick those up easily enough just from being attacked as you walk around.

Wargrade
02-08-2015, 05:27 PM
For what it's worth, there are a few Europeans in <Unreliable> and I think someone might be thinking we could group up, but given how apt the guild's name can be...

If you do decide to hand in your CB belts, pick up the mail from Kaladim ("I will deliver mail to Kelethin") before you gate back; the NPC is hard to miss, since he is a wood elf in a dwarf city and right on the path from BBM to the hand-in. It's hardly going to push you up through the levels very fast, but it does help if you are headed that way anyway.

There are NPCs in Felwithe who want black wolf pelts (in the caster guild) and bone chips (in the cleric guild) to help you level a little faster too. You'll pick those up easily enough just from being attacked as you walk around.

On the bone chips, I'd save them. I have been able to make quite a lot of platinum selling stacks of these for 10 pp.

Swish
02-08-2015, 09:01 PM
On the bone chips, I'd save them. I have been able to make quite a lot of platinum selling stacks of these for 10 pp.

Or hand them into someone in Kaladim (forget who) for XP :)

Cobretti
02-09-2015, 02:10 AM
Novashine in the paladin guild all the way up through the stairs and the hallway 4 bone chips single not stacked gets you xp and a random patchwork to sell for gold, or a rusty weapon

Clark
02-10-2015, 05:37 AM
Welcome aboard! Hope you have a great time.