http://kotaku.com/big-layoffs-at-everquest-studio-today-1685243961

Dave Georgeson and Brasse are gone.

EQN's future is bleak.

Pringles
02-11-2015, 03:14 PM
Wow, David Georgeson eh? See ya EQN.

Rec
02-11-2015, 03:30 PM
The guy in charge of the franchise gets fired. There's gotta be a good story there

khanable
02-11-2015, 03:34 PM
hahahahahha pony tail got the boot

Lemiddar
02-11-2015, 04:10 PM
The guy in charge of the franchise gets fired. There's gotta be a good story there

Story: Company that purchased SOE would like to actually make progress towards the release of its largest title.

I'm sure his position (if not his name directly) were discussed before Columbus Nova purchased it. This comes a bit sooner than I thought, but how can it not be expected?

Portasaurus
02-11-2015, 04:29 PM
hahahahahha pony tail got the boot

May this be a lesson to male pony tails everywhere.

citizen1080
02-11-2015, 04:39 PM
They fired Dave so they could hire Brad. Incoming- Oxyquest: Next

Millburn
02-11-2015, 05:18 PM
As much as I loved Dave's charisma, he just had some design decisions that made me scratch my head. Sorry to hear he's gone but I'm glad the project might get some different direction.

Pokesan
02-11-2015, 05:37 PM
eqn was already dead the moment they wasted everyones time with sand during the unveil

Paleman
02-11-2015, 06:01 PM
glad georgeson is gone, such a shitheel. Didnt know how to do anything technical, the features he pioneered in eq2 no one ever gave a shit about. I think he was probably only good at milking the customer ( he is pretty much responsible for the f2p marketplace, and having content sold to players as piecemeal)

but yeah that kermit the frog sounding motherfucker has in my opinion took the last steamy shit on the eq franchise. He was just a used car salesman selling crack to a crack addict.

Safon
02-11-2015, 06:08 PM
but yeah that kermit the frog sounding motherfucker has in my opinion took the last steamy shit on the eq franchise. He was just a used car salesman selling crack to a crack addict.

LMFAO

derpcake
02-11-2015, 06:18 PM
SOE has been making shitty calls since 2004.

Hope they all laid off and the next EQ game is facebook.

They tried hard to ruin the franchise, time those tards reap rewards.

Sage Truthbearer
02-11-2015, 06:19 PM
Bad news for anyone who actually had a small hope of EQ:N ever seeing the light of day. Fuck it.. The future isn't looking too bright for the EQ IP as a whole.

Paleman
02-11-2015, 06:45 PM
you know he sounds like kermit the frog or yoda if he was taking hits of helium. He looks like Yoda's fat whore mother if she pulled a fucking bruce jenner.

Safon
02-11-2015, 07:00 PM
you know he sounds like kermit the frog or yoda if he was taking hits of helium. He looks like Yoda's fat whore mother if she pulled a fucking bruce jenner.

Haha btw what is your sig gif from? I've been looking at it on your posts forever and always wondered

Paleman
02-11-2015, 07:13 PM
black snake moan man, samuel jackson stars as himself in it.

stormlord
02-11-2015, 08:23 PM
Here's a recent interview he did:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EIWFxYs-VQ

One commenter said about him he's non-communicative. No idea what he's like or why they let him go.

Thulack
02-11-2015, 08:29 PM
Here's a recent interview he did:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EIWFxYs-VQ

One commenter said about him he's non-communicative. No idea what he's like or why they let him go.

They let him go cause he made to much money.

fastboy21
02-11-2015, 08:34 PM
moorgard also confirmed canned. friggin idiots.

JayN
02-11-2015, 08:38 PM
over payed old relics; whoever though EQN was a thing was starry eyed or stupid

Swish
02-11-2015, 09:15 PM
I think overall EQ Next "Landmark" was moving way waaay too slowly... great I can build nice looking castles, buildings etc. How about some actual content?

Naw, lets make lots of youtube videos highlighting what great looking buildings there are that you can make.... for over a year...

Easy job to turn up to but that can't be viable forever. I saw nothing in terms of what they were going to do with the Lion King looking kerrans or whether they'd make EQN so that your webcam was required to make your character pull certain faces etc (terribad idea).

Probably would have been released in 2017-2018 at the rate it was going. Makes sense to dump it if they're going to milk as many paychecks as possible for little advancement.

fastboy21
02-11-2015, 09:46 PM
Smedley needs to go. I blame him for all the lost jobs tonight. His (lack of) leadership is what has put EQN into a bad position.

"Players will get their hands on an actual release version of what we're doing late [this] year -- and I don't mean a beta," ~John Smedley (aka "the liar"), discussing EQN in January 2013

John Smedley is the biggest crook of them all. If anyone deserves a one way ticket out of San Diego its him.

As long time MMO players most of us here have gotten used to the long development cycles from announce to beta to release. EQN has been stupid slow. STUPID slow. I mean, it is years after they have announced the game and they still are in the stages of trickling out information like what races will be playable at launch? I feel badly for the folks that have lost jobs tonight, but an outside company coming in and cleaning house confirms for me that SOE was spewing bullshit about where they were and what they were doing. Get your shit together, and actually make a good game.

heartbrand
02-11-2015, 09:47 PM
this could be bad for project1999

Paleman
02-11-2015, 11:00 PM
this could be bad for project1999

or great, p99 can be the place where disenfranchised SOE cocksuckers can come and bitch and join the rest of the anal retentive mother fuckers that want a classic/authentic experience.

Nuggie
02-11-2015, 11:28 PM
Anyone having flashbacks to vanguard right now?

On another note, management generally gets a shift when a company is taken over. Not surprised. I would like to know if hard workers like Steve klug (sp?) Got the axe.

skitterburst
02-11-2015, 11:30 PM
this could be the change everyones been asking for.. considering EQ is a dying (if not dead) horse with no growth potential, maybe this new company will release the grip a little on the franchise.

Paleman
02-12-2015, 12:26 AM
confirmed association with gun toting russians. Promising future confirmed.

citizen1080
02-12-2015, 12:45 AM
Doesn't really effect me. I had no plans to play Disney Online. Maybe with new people in charge it will actually be something worth playing.

But more likely...ill just plan vanguard emu...sooooooo looking forward to a fresh vg server without all the live launch issues.

Bigtokes
02-12-2015, 12:04 PM
Would be cool to see an EQ2 Emu with all of the shitty mechanics like locked combat taken out. For me that would be the real EQ next.

hMJem
02-13-2015, 06:19 PM
this could be the change everyones been asking for.. considering EQ is a dying (if not dead) horse with no growth potential, maybe this new company will release the grip a little on the franchise.

Unlikely. Wasn't there a story about a guy walking into SOE wanting to spend 6 figures to get something from EQ (I forget what it was for, might have been for a private server) and they laughed him out of the building? A dude had 6 figures to spend and he got laughed out of the building.

Thulack
02-14-2015, 11:45 AM
Unlikely. Wasn't there a story about a guy walking into SOE wanting to spend 6 figures to get something from EQ (I forget what it was for, might have been for a private server) and they laughed him out of the building? A dude had 6 figures to spend and he got laughed out of the building.

You realize even if that was true what a drop in the bucket 6 figures is to sony? The CEO probably makes 6 figures a hour. 6 figures isnt going to get you any companies intellectual properties for something thats made them money for 15 years.