PDA

View Full Version : A Day In <Fresh>

Hail
02-20-2015, 09:57 AM
So I joined Fresh the other day. Everyone seemed to be very welcoming, but things went downhill over the course of just 24 hours.

I had been advertising to buy a pair of GEB's when the player Knocked sent me a tell saying he'd sell me some for 3k. Great, I thought. He proceeded to log over to his alt and told me to meet him in Rivervale. During this time, another player sent me a tell offering to sell me a pair for less. As any reasonable person would, I gave the first guy a chance since he was already meeting me in RV.

Well, this guy died twice to a PKer in Rivervale and kept needing ports back from steamfont. After what was probably an hour ordeal and still no GEBs in hand, I straight out told him I had an offer for less, and asked if he'd at least match the price for me having to wait. "No! I need that extra 200pp for Jboots!", protested Knocked. I attempted to make the argument that I could too claim that I needed to save 200pp for jboots myself, but it fell on deaf ears. And after giving him a fair chance to maintain a deal, I gave up and told him I'd buy it from the other player (also a guildmate, which was a bonus).

Well, this sent Knocked flying off the handle, proceeding to spam me with tells that I'm a "fucking faggot, go back to blue", etc etc. After ignoring his alt just to have him pop back onto his main to continue the harassment, I decided to send Officer of Fresh, Klaatu, a tell explaining the situation in hopes he'd ask him to drop it. For my troubles in hoping democracy would prevail? A guild kick. Despite them supposedly removing this Knocked fellow from guild the next day as apparently this wasn't the first incident he was involved in.

Overall a pretty disappointing experience in a guild I had high hopes for.

Infectious
02-20-2015, 10:06 AM
Just report him and move on.

RIP The Jacka
02-20-2015, 10:12 AM
a double guild removal? good way to solf prollems

Hail
02-20-2015, 10:29 AM
Honestly I wasn't even looking to get Knocked guild kicked. I realize that maybe he was just having a bad day and needed to cool off, and I'd hoped that a talk with an officer would expedite that process. I was wrong. :(

RIP The Jacka
02-20-2015, 10:34 AM
holo dont boot people with pety disputes they hug it out

find someone in game to join da fam

Glenzig
02-20-2015, 10:37 AM
I see zero screenshots posted here.

HippoNipple
02-20-2015, 10:39 AM
First guild to actually remove people in guild history. This Fresh guild may have more to it than I thought.

Humerox
02-20-2015, 10:41 AM
You had a fair complaint and I was going to investigate it for you.I noticed you weren't flying the <Fresh> tag (presumably to avoid PvP) which is required.

I asked you to go ahead and fly the tag because as last I knew you were in FoH and I wanted to ensure you were actually a guild member. You refused to do so and told me you'd "talk to Bigtuna" about it.

We don't ask a lot in <Fresh>. You're in our guild you fly the tag, period. If you're scared of PvP because you're flying a <Fresh> tag you really don't belong with us. Disregarding an officer when you're asking for help doesn't help your case much either.

Knocked was subsequently also removed. I wish you the best in your R99 experience.

Hail
02-20-2015, 10:45 AM
That's strange, because the only 2 rules I was informed of when I joined were:

Show up to raids when I'm online.
Don't act like a "dick bag".

Eslade
02-20-2015, 10:45 AM
I don't blame him for going anon. this is what you look like when wearing a fresh tag.
http://m.quickmeme.com/img/32/32750f54073b4008bf00c6abc147d590ff129467dad01529fe 936c29605a32ad.jpg

Humerox
02-20-2015, 10:46 AM
It's right in the /guildmotd. All you had to do was fly the tag. It wasn't much to ask for. Sorry.

Hail
02-20-2015, 10:48 AM
All you had to do was ask Knocked to stop harassing me, which he continued to do both via tells and ooc after you supposedly spoke to him.

Let's be honest here. You were looking for a cop out instead of actually dealing with the situation. Kicked for not removing anon in the 30 seconds you gave me to do so? Laughable man.

Humerox
02-20-2015, 10:50 AM
Why didn't you just fly the tag for me? Would have taken you a second to switch from /anon.

Hail
02-20-2015, 10:53 AM
Some nice people there, but I guess you have to be part of the cool kids clique there.

That's sort of the impression I got from this situation. It seemed like he was covering for the guy more than dealing with the situation. Oh well, life will go on without a fresh tag. Just figured people should know that they aren't the friendly family guild that they claim to be if this is how they deal with inner-guild conflict.

Gotze
I had an alt in Fresh too. They were big on getting you in, then letting you rot with the tag but not much else. I've heard of, and seen where they will go to great lengths to PL and gear up some people, but let others fill the seats as it were. Some nice people there, but I guess you have to be part of the cool kids clique there.

Did you ever enter teamspeak? i know this is repeated many times but it's still pretty humorous when people don't enter teamspeak and expect privlledged treatment , no offense to you in particular but there has been so many situations regarding that

Eslade
take it to tells fgts.

Hail
02-20-2015, 10:54 AM
Why didn't you just fly the tag for me? Would have taken you a second to switch from /anon.

You didn't even give me the chance. Which I have a screenshot of as well. Within 30 seconds of asking you had kicked me out. Which is a pretty funny thing to do considering you probably should have been speaking with Knocked instead to diffuse the situation rather than harassing me about a guild tag I was never informed I had to wear.

Humerox
02-20-2015, 10:54 AM
I had an alt in Fresh too. They were big on getting you in, then letting you rot with the tag but not much else. I've heard of, and seen where they will go to great lengths to PL and gear up some people, but let others fill the seats as it were. Some nice people there, but I guess you have to be part of the cool kids clique there.

We have guildbots set up with lowbie armor. We provide ports as we can for our younger members to group up with eachother. Most PL's done are alts of mains...we don't have the manpower to PL a lot of people. We generally wait until people are 46+ and start joining raids to start helping them gear because we worry about longevity and people wanting a free ride to Holo.

Sorry your alt didn't have a great experience with <Fresh> :(

Humerox
02-20-2015, 10:56 AM
You didn't even give me the chance. Which I have a screenshot of as well. Within 30 seconds of asking you had kicked me out. Which is a pretty funny thing to do considering you probably should have been speaking with Knocked instead to diffuse the situation rather than harassing me about a guild tag I was never informed I had to wear.

Now you know that isn't true. When I asked you to fly the tag you said you'd just talk to Tuna about it.

I'm not going to debate the issue anymore, however. Good luck with the Holo app you told Tuna you were preparing. :)

RIP The Jacka
02-20-2015, 10:57 AM
whats Hail's in game name? I'd like to run a cross-check on the FOH player data base.

Hail
02-20-2015, 10:58 AM
Now you know that isn't true. When I asked you to fly the tag you said you'd just talk to Tuna about it.

I'm not going to debate the issue anymore, however. Good luck with the Holo app you told Tuna you were preparing. :)

No, you're just going to try to save face after the fact by ignoring the absurdity of the situation. I came to you for help and you kicked me for it instead of taking on your responsibilities as an officer.

Humerox
02-20-2015, 11:02 AM
whats Hail's in game name? I'd like to run a cross-check on the FOH player data base.

Malgath. Last killed by Nukedeath in OOT Feb 15th. I ran it on the leaderboard before i asked him to fly the tag.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
02-20-2015, 11:17 AM
Fresh has been nothing but good peeps.

Gotta get in Ts and fly those flags nawmean

Formshifter
02-20-2015, 11:29 AM
holo dont boot people

because zergs

RIP The Jacka
02-20-2015, 11:43 AM
because zergs

http://gifsec.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/06/GIF-My-reaction-when-I-successfully-put-together-Ikea-furniture-myself.gif

Infectious
02-20-2015, 11:56 AM
Harassed? If he kicked you in 30 secs how could he harass you to put your guild tag up?
Is this serious or just a troll?

Hail
02-20-2015, 11:59 AM
Harassed? If he kicked you in 30 secs how could he harass you to put your guild tag up?
Is this serious or just a troll?

Are you familiar with the term "exaggeration"? Is this serious or just a troll?

Eslade
02-20-2015, 12:17 PM
Are you familiar with the term "exaggeration"? Is this serious or just a troll?

Naw, it's what you might call a" nuthugger" in his natural state.

pingpong
02-20-2015, 12:21 PM
Good luck with the Holo app you told Tuna you were preparing. :)

let me give you a tip on that app preparation, should be something like this

"/t colgate tag plz, give me ts info"

derpcake
02-20-2015, 12:35 PM
because zergs

Pras them and the mighty overlords controlling it.

A+

Kergan
02-20-2015, 12:40 PM
First guild to actually remove people in guild history. This Fresh guild may have more to it than I thought.

I was grouped with some Fresh in MM on an alt, and one of their members in another group trained us. I put him in the ground so he intentionally trained us after he CR'd. Then he got guild removed.

I support Fresh.

karsten
02-20-2015, 12:42 PM
Yeah I mean, we'll give people a chance to be cool, but it's really up to you to be cool. Sounds like this is a thread about two people who weren't cool

klaatu, on the other hand, is EXTREMELY cool

Kergan
02-20-2015, 12:49 PM
I just read the OP, and I gotta say you are a douche. You let a guildmate port around and CR multiple times just to try and lowball him at the last second over 200pp?

This sounds like a classic case of addition by subtraction.

Veltira
02-20-2015, 01:05 PM
classic fresh

Hail
02-20-2015, 01:12 PM
I just read the OP, and I gotta say you are a douche. You let a guildmate port around and CR multiple times just to try and lowball him at the last second over 200pp?

This sounds like a classic case of addition by subtraction.

I was the one porting him... and I gave him fair warning that there was pvp in RV and that we should go elsewhere. I also gave him fair opportunity to match prices of the other guildmate trying to sell me a pair.

Derp.

Glenzig
02-20-2015, 01:17 PM
Still have seen zero screenshots.

Hail
02-20-2015, 01:29 PM
Why would I waste time posting screenshots when Klaatu isn't denying what I claimed in the OP?

Glenzig
02-20-2015, 01:30 PM
<Fresh> comes over to my house uninvited and eats all my food then poops on my rugs. Have screenshots. Will not post them.

Purp
02-20-2015, 01:33 PM
is the leader, bigtuna/maximillien, now sending you thousands of text messages in anger?

Hail
02-20-2015, 01:34 PM
Bigtuna is Max? LOL. Guess things turned out for the best.

Humerox
02-20-2015, 01:37 PM
<Fresh> comes over to my house uninvited and eats all my food then poops on my rugs. Have screenshots. Will not post them.

At least you don't sperg out
We'll send in a cleaning team straight away, bro

Glenzig
02-20-2015, 01:44 PM
At least you don't sperg out
We'll send in a cleaning team straight away, bro

No! Dont ever come back! My mom says you're a nuisance, and you probably take marijuana, and that I shouldn't hang out with you.

erog84
02-20-2015, 01:53 PM
You had a fair complaint and I was going to investigate it for you.I noticed you weren't flying the <Fresh> tag (presumably to avoid PvP) which is required.

I asked you to go ahead and fly the tag because as last I knew you were in FoH and I wanted to ensure you were actually a guild member. You refused to do so and told me you'd "talk to Bigtuna" about it.

We don't ask a lot in <Fresh>. You're in our guild you fly the tag, period. If you're scared of PvP because you're flying a <Fresh> tag you really don't belong with us. Disregarding an officer when you're asking for help doesn't help your case much either.

Knocked was subsequently also removed. I wish you the best in your R99 experience.

So I should send you a tell anytime I see a fresh member /anon ? Great, expect a ton of tells regarding this, seems half the fresh members are in hiding on this server!

Humerox
02-20-2015, 01:58 PM
So I should send you a tell anytime I see a fresh member /anon ? Great, expect a ton of tells regarding this, seems half the fresh members are in hiding on this server!

Not supposed to be. You're welcome to send me a tell anytime you see one /anon

Fresh isn't about hiding. You want the tag and guild help - fly the tag. We ain't around to avoid PvP. You don't get better at it that way.

:D

Hail
02-20-2015, 01:59 PM

Lol, don't let him fool you. I doubt anyone has ever been kicked from Fresh for being anon. He didn't believe that I was in the guild, that I was trolling him or something, and when he found out he was wrong he had to cover his ass. He claimed I was never in the guild after removing me.

derpcake
02-20-2015, 01:59 PM
Not supposed to be. You're welcome to send me a tell anytime you see one /anon

Fresh isn't about hiding. You want the tag and guild help - fly the tag. We ain't around to avoid PvP. You don't get better at it that way.

:D

I played my shammy until 46 without anon, got attacked twice in pvp. Soloed a lot also.

Nice attitude though :)

Glenzig
02-20-2015, 02:12 PM
Lol, don't let him fool you. I doubt anyone has ever been kicked from Fresh for being anon. He didn't believe that I was in the guild, that I was trolling him or something, and when he found out he was wrong he had to cover his ass. He claimed I was never in the guild after removing me.

The more your story changes the more believable it becomes.

dontbanpls
02-20-2015, 02:14 PM
This was a good thread but if this dude expects an apology because he couldn't get through a conversation without pissing off the chillest officer in the guild and probably on th server then he belongs elsewhere.

<Fresh> ain't for everyone, but I do give everyone a chance. If you feel like you don't need to act like a rational adult when interacting with others on the team then you are free to app to join Holocaust where you can enjoy doing whatever the fuck you want because the leadership doesn't give a shit. That's not my guild. I'm not really sure what your intention is here other than to try to sling shit because you got your feelings hurt. We solved your problem, and during the course of that you made it evident you are also a problem for us so we fixed that too.

App holo and shut the fuck up about it.

Goobles
02-20-2015, 02:18 PM
This thread needs a savior....

http://imgur.com/O3LAn41

Kergan
02-20-2015, 02:25 PM
This was a good thread but if this dude expects an apology because he couldn't get through a conversation without pissing off the chillest officer in the guild and probably on th server then he belongs elsewhere.

<Fresh> ain't for everyone, but I do give everyone a chance. If you feel like you don't need to act like a rational adult when interacting with others on the team then you are free to app to join Holocaust where you can enjoy doing whatever the fuck you want because the leadership doesn't give a shit. That's not my guild. I'm not really sure what your intention is here other than to try to sling shit because you got your feelings hurt. We solved your problem, and during the course of that you made it evident you are also a problem for us so we fixed that too.

Haha nice

Genedin
02-20-2015, 02:27 PM
Raided with Fresh a few times. Got a bunch of loot on my monk on the first raid even though I was new and unknown. Seems pretty fair and balanced to me.

Hail
02-20-2015, 02:29 PM

You've displayed pretty well just how "chill" you guys are in this post. Klaatu didn't solve a damn thing, as evidenced by Knocked continuing to talk shit to me after asking him to do something about it. His response? Ignore it, meanwhile the guy was trash talking in OOC. The only irrational ones here are you and your dysfunctional guild officer for kicking someone that was more than polite in his attempts to diffuse a situation with a childish guildmate.

But then I don't expect much rational thought from someone that's willing to spam RL phones over pixels he lost in a 16 year old elf simulator.

heartbrand
02-20-2015, 02:31 PM
Fresh led by known psychopath who spams cell phones on Craigslist and was perma banned on main

Kergan
02-20-2015, 02:34 PM
2 be fair that sums up a lot of guilds

dontbanpls
02-20-2015, 02:35 PM
Yeah this is the classless tact you used when you sent me a tell explaining the situation and managed to include mention that you had intentions of going to holocaust. I'm not sure why you think it is anyone's responsibility to reach out over the internet and prevent them from typing mean words to other people when we aren't looking.

I'll give you a heads up though you had the power to solve that for yourself by typing /i knocked and instead you have been acting like a dip shit for days straight.

If you really think so low of me and are so happy to be free then grow the fuck up and act like it.

dontbanpls
02-20-2015, 02:36 PM
Fresh led by known psychopath who spams cell phones on Craigslist and was perma banned on main

Still making way more progress than Red Dawn and I have no intentions of running off with a guild bank 8]

Humerox
02-20-2015, 02:38 PM
You've displayed pretty well just how "chill" you guys are in this post. Klaatu didn't solve a damn thing, as evidenced by Knocked continuing to talk shit to me after asking him to do something about it. His response? Ignore it, meanwhile the guy was trash talking in OOC. The only irrational ones here are you and your dysfunctional guild officer for kicking someone that was more than polite in his attempts to diffuse a situation with a childish guildmate.

But then I don't expect much rational thought from someone that's willing to spam RL phones over pixels he lost in a 16 year old elf simulator.

Dude you've been relegated to Biaxl status. Max has done more for this server than anyone in recent memory. The last one was HB and <Red Dawn> but people on R99 want to grief whatever they can. <Fresh> is why I stayed this time when I came back after a year-and-a-half hiatus and I was a day 1 red player. WTF are you doing? Being butt-hurt because you got kicked for ignoring an officer when told to fly the tag?

That's ALL you had to do. Fly the tag. Move on already.

Kergan
02-20-2015, 02:40 PM
You know a guild has made it when butthurt ex member posts appear in RNF on a weekly basis.

Infectious
02-20-2015, 02:41 PM
Why would I waste time posting screenshots when Klaatu isn't denying what I claimed in the OP?

Not going to waste time posting screen shots, but your going to waste your time arguing that you were right?
Its required to wear your guild tag. You didnt and were booted. Bye!

Nirgon
02-20-2015, 02:42 PM

He's doing good things for the community and worth a second chance

Let he who has not berged in the quest cast the first stone

Kergan
02-20-2015, 02:42 PM
I believe the proper forum etiquette would be to say:

later nerd

Hail
02-20-2015, 02:51 PM
Yeah this is the classless tact you used when you sent me a tell explaining the situation and managed to include mention that you had intentions of going to holocaust. I'm not sure why you think it is anyone's responsibility to reach out over the internet and prevent them from typing mean words to other people when we aren't looking.

I'll give you a heads up though you had the power to solve that for yourself by typing /i knocked and instead you have been acting like a dip shit for days straight.

If you really think so low of me and are so happy to be free then grow the fuck up and act like it.

You're delusional, but whatever you need to tell yourself to justify the situation and save face. Days you say? This just happened yesterday buddy. Also, look to thine own eyes my friend. You're the one coming here to sling insults and bad words my way. Act like an adult before telling someone else to grow up.

Dude you've been relegated to Biaxl status. Max has done more for this server than anyone in recent memory. The last one was HB and <Red Dawn> but people on R99 want to grief whatever they can. <Fresh> is why I stayed this time when I came back after a year-and-a-half hiatus and I was a day 1 red player. WTF are you doing? Being butt-hurt because you got kicked for ignoring an officer when told to fly the tag?

That's ALL you had to do. Fly the tag. Move on already.

You mean this conversation in which you blatantly allowed another member to continue drama in ooc and tells? Because me putting up that guild tag was clearly more important than handling the situation appropriately.

This is a screenshot of my deplorable actions that led to my removal:

http://i57.tinypic.com/zxp66r.jpg

Hail
02-20-2015, 02:55 PM
P.S. didn't expect rational debate nor community support in this thread, thus posting it in RNF. I'm ranting folks. That's what this section is for.

dontbanpls
02-20-2015, 02:55 PM
Yeah seems like Klaatu was way over the line with that last Smiley face. Please come back to us after I kick him?

Humerox
02-20-2015, 02:56 PM
Just looks to me like you thought you were too damned important to fly a tag when an officer wanted to verify that you were actually in guild.

Notice you were removed AFTER you told me to essentially fuck off.

Have a great day!

Hail
02-20-2015, 02:59 PM
Notice you were removed AFTER you told me to essentially fuck off.

You sound completely normal and not at all melodramatic by getting "fuck off" out of "I'll talk to the guild leader instead".

MaSQue
02-20-2015, 03:01 PM
If you are not in the Fresh C:LICK you are ignored and thats the end of it.

Humerox
02-20-2015, 03:03 PM
If you are not in the Fresh C:LICK you are ignored and thats the end of it.

Our clique is TS when you're 46+. Oh. And fly your tag.

heartbrand
02-20-2015, 03:07 PM
Still making way more progress than Red Dawn and I have no intentions of running off with a guild bank 8]

By progress do you mean being a feeder guild who everyone shits on?

Humerox
02-20-2015, 03:08 PM
Because me putting up that guild tag was clearly more important than handling the situation appropriately.

I had already verified Knocked was in guild. You didn't say anything in guildchat either. That would have been too easy, right? You made me jump through hoops to find out if I should take action against a verified guild member when I wasn't even sure you were in my guild at all.

Then you refuse to fly the tag when I ask you.

Seriously man...wtf is your problem?

Humerox
02-20-2015, 03:09 PM

HB...slow your roll, dude. <Fresh> not so easy to shit on anymore. Max is actually making a difference. I respected what you did then and I respect Max for what he's doing now.

Eslade
02-20-2015, 03:10 PM

lol.

it's only one more months until my "fresh disbands and joins holocaust" theory becomes true.

max confirmed fgt and his guild is going to figure it out very soon.

MaSQue
02-20-2015, 03:13 PM
Our clique is TS when you're 46+. Oh. And fly your tag.

Flew my tag and have my own teamspeak, even so when you ask questions in guild chat and 100 people are online and noone answers, you start to scratch your head. Fresh has a horrible habit of paying attention to only its cool folks, the ones in the top click.

This is not directed just at Fresh but at guilds as a whole ....
Guilds are supposed to take care of its members, show them attention and act like they care what happens to the members. If a guild can't take the time to pay attention to every single member then maybe it needs to down size a bit or find new leadership. Numbers don't make a guild better, your members are what makes the guild shine, every member. GMs are responsible for there members and are there to make sure these members enjoy there guild and respect the guild they are in. I thought being part of a guild meant you were joining a family, people that stood behind each other, took care of each other?

HippoNipple
02-20-2015, 03:15 PM
lol.

it's only one more months until my "fresh disbands and joins holocaust" theory becomes true.

max confirmed fgt and his guild is going to figure it out very soon.

If a guild fails and disbands it is obvious a lot of members would go to the best and most appealing guild on the server. Not really a theory.

Did your list of nerd elf quest theories include Suave leader joining Azrael with an actual merge, not just a disbanding that results in members joining other guilds.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
02-20-2015, 03:16 PM
Flew my tag and have my own teamspeak, even so when you ask questions in guild chat and 100 people are online and noone answers, you start to scratch your head.

This actually happened to me then someone told me I had to run Ts as an administrator because computers.

After that people started inviting me out to groups and taking a general interest in what I was doing

Ymmv

Eslade
02-20-2015, 03:17 PM
If a guild fails and disbands it is obvious a lot of members would go to the best and most appealing guild on the server. Not really a theory.

Did your list of nerd elf quest theories include Suave leader joining Azrael with an actual merge, not just a disbanding that results in members joining other guilds.

Nope, actually thought that suave was going to be fine but that they were going to reform under a new name.

Hippo, go back to how you were before joining nihilum plz.

Humerox
02-20-2015, 03:19 PM
Flew my tag and have my own teamspeak, even so when you ask questions in guild chat and 100 people are online and noone answers, you start to scratch your head. Fresh has a horrible habit of paying attention to only its cool folks, the ones in the top click.

This is not directed just at Fresh but at guilds as a whole ....
Guilds are supposed to take care of its members, show them attention and act like they care what happens to the members. If a guild can't take the time to pay attention to every single member then maybe it needs to down size a bit or find new leadership. Numbers don't make a guild better, your members are what makes the guild shine, every member. GMs are responsible for there members and are there to make sure these members enjoy there guild and respect the guild they are in. I thought being part of a guild meant you were joining a family, people that stood behind each other, took care of each other?

I'm not seeing the same guildchat you must have. Our philosophy is to create a place for members to more easily find groups until 46+ and we help who we can. If the guild was so bad we surely wouldn't have the lower level members we do.

There is no place for new people to go. We're not perfect but we do our best. We "get shit on" because we're not elitist and don't field an all BiS crew. We have a bunch of sub-46 in rags but they have a home and get grouped quite a bit. We port newbies so they can get to groups when we're able to. We've seen our 50+ ranks grow very quickly recently and I'd hazard a guess that most are not unhappy with us.

Maybe you just didn't give it enough time.

MaSQue
02-20-2015, 03:19 PM
This actually happened to me then someone told me I had to run Ts as an administrator because computers.

After that people started inviting me out to groups and taking a general interest in what I was doing

Ymmv

One of my friends in game who I will keep un-named is a very shy person, but plays her class super well and is very chatty in game. If I were to form a guild and she joined it. I would know treat her any different if she was in TS or not. Guilds requiring that need to enforce that on a member joining instead of complaining about a person not doing it AFTER they joined. People can make excises all they want but facts remain.

MaSQue
02-20-2015, 03:22 PM
I'm not seeing the same guildchat you must have. Our philosophy is to create a place for members to more easily find groups until 46+ and we help who we can. If the guild was so bad we surely wouldn't have the lower level members we do.

There is no place for new people to go. We're not perfect but we do our best. We "get shit on" because we're not elitist and don't field an all BiS crew. We have a bunch of sub-46 in rags but they have a home and get grouped quite a bit. We port newbies so they can get to groups when we're able to. We've seen our 50+ ranks grow very quickly recently and I'd hazard a guess that most are not unhappy with us.

Maybe you just didn't give it enough time.

Respectfully ......

Maybe you are not paying close enough attention.
I have several people I play with in game that has left Fresh due to the same issues, so least it is not a localized incident on my end but anyways ............

Colgate
fresh is good peoples

HippoNipple
I thought being part of a guild meant you were joining a family, people that stood behind each other, took care of each other?

A guild is just a choice between a few possible groups of people you join to do guild size raids/pvp. You need to realign your expectations of what a red99 guild is going to provide you in your life.

Eslade
If the guild was so bad we surely wouldn't have the lower level members we do.

There is no place for new people to go.

I lol'd.

Humerox
02-20-2015, 03:24 PM
I lol'd.

Wouldn't expect any less from ya. :D

heartbrand
02-20-2015, 03:25 PM
A guild is just a choice between a few possible groups of people you join to do guild size raids/pvp. You need to realign your expectations of what a red99 guild is going to provide you in your life.

Some wise words here.

Humerox
02-20-2015, 03:26 PM
Respectfully ......

Maybe you are not paying close enough attention.
I have several people I play with in game that has left Fresh due to the same issues, so least it is not a localized incident on my end but anyways ............

Maybe we're not. But we're trying. :)

MaSQue
02-20-2015, 03:28 PM

Not flaming on what you said, but every MMO I have ever played in I have ran my guild cept for Red99. I know what it takes to run a guild ;)

MaSQue
02-20-2015, 03:31 PM
Maybe we're not. But we're trying. :)

I can respect that but the problem is there homie, I have seen it first hand. I joined an alt just to see what Fresh was about, I ended up leaving for the above reasons. Remember a guild does not become BETTER when it gets HUGE, mass numbers in my opinion hurt guilds but again I am not trying to tell anyone how to run a guild by any means.

I guess every guild can't be like Prophets of Slosh. :(

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
02-20-2015, 03:38 PM
One of my friends in game who I will keep un-named is a very shy person, but plays her class super well and is very chatty in game. If I were to form a guild and she joined it. I would know treat her any different if she was in TS or not. Guilds requiring that need to enforce that on a member joining instead of complaining about a person not doing it AFTER they joined. People can make excises all they want but facts remain.

That's a pretty good reason but you gotta remember, as a levelling guild it's easily the best place for any established player in #1 and #2 guild to park their alt in for those sweet xp gains. You can try to eliminate spies or minimize them but more often than not, the cure is worse than the disease.

The easiest and best authentication is having someone on Ts and keeping vital chats into zone wide or ranged channels if you're doing something important. Guildchat is good for chatter but pretty bad for anything else.

heartbrand
02-20-2015, 03:39 PM
do people think this is eharmony or something

Humerox
02-20-2015, 03:40 PM
I can respect that but the problem is there homie, I have seen it first hand. I joined an alt just to see what Fresh was about, I ended up leaving for the above reasons. Remember a guild does not become BETTER when it gets HUGE, mass numbers in my opinion hurt guilds but again I am not trying to tell anyone how to run a guild by any means.

I guess every guild can't be like Prophets of Slosh. :(

It's not about being better at lower levels on Red. It's about providing the means to more easily group. Period.

In <Fresh> you start making a real difference 46+. The guild motd clearly states you're required to be in TS 46+ for raids and pvp. You can't function on red without TS/Vent. If you're PvPing without it here you're already going to fail.

Red's problem are people wanting free rides to <Holocaust>. If you're 46+ and in TS with <Fresh> you have equal access in raids/pvp. No loot council...no "clique" that gets all the good gear drops. If you're raiding with us and an item drops that you need you roll against others that need it. Greed rolls are random on the spot. Very little besides spells go to the guild bank and when we farm for spells everyone knows what we're doing.

Are we going to hold your hand and PL you to 46? No. Once you're there we take care of you. Period. Just make sure you utilize TS and fly the fricking tag at all times. that's all we ask.

Nirgon
02-20-2015, 03:49 PM
got dayum

MaSQue
02-20-2015, 03:51 PM
oooooh so it's about having power as a guild. ok now I understand, and all these years I thought it was about having a group of friends doing stuff together ;) Aight anyways carry on guys. I gots myself a dinner date. :)

dontbanpls
02-20-2015, 03:51 PM
oooooh so it's about having power as a guild. ok now I understand, and all these years I thought it was about having a group of friends doing stuff together ;) Aight anyways carry on guys. I gots myself a dinner date. :)

Thanks for arm chairing my guild leadership i'll be sure to apply all this wonderful advice

MaSQue
02-20-2015, 03:52 PM
And as far as debating something with people, its kinda hard to do that when the other person')s) think they are right all the time hehe

Glenzig
02-20-2015, 03:53 PM
Fresh is a good guild. I dont know what exactly people are expecting from their guild, but I have found Fresh to be very helpful and supportive. If you don't get a response for a request in guild chat, ask again. The best way to get a response is to get in Ts though. That doesn't put you in clique status, it just means that you will get an immediate response. You don't have to be a certain level or have been guild tagged for a certain duration to join TS. It may surprise people to know this, but the officers and leader of guilds are usually very busy when they are on. Unless you have a 15 man guild that never does anything that is.

Glenzig
02-20-2015, 03:54 PM
And as far as debating something with people, its kinda hard to do that when the other person')s) think they are right all the time hehe

Welcome to the internet. Where have you been the last 20 years?

dontbanpls
02-20-2015, 03:54 PM
Talkin all this shit but ally with azrael any time that lite tells ya to jump. You out to worry about your own house first.

dontbanpls
02-20-2015, 03:55 PM
Talkin all this shit but ally with azrael any time that lite tells ya to jump. You ought to worry about your own house first.

damn it

Glenzig
02-20-2015, 03:57 PM
Not flaming on what you said, but every MMO I have ever played in I have ran my guild cept for Red99. I know what it takes to run a guild ;)

Awesome. When will you be starting up a legit 4th faction here?

Humerox
02-20-2015, 03:59 PM
Fresh is a good guild. I dont know what exactly people are expecting from their guild, but I have found Fresh to be very helpful and supportive. If you don't get a response for a request in guild chat, ask again. The best way to get a response is to get in Ts though. That doesn't put you in clique status, it just means that you will get an immediate response. You don't have to be a certain level or have been guild tagged for a certain duration to join TS. It may surprise people to know this, but the officers and leader of guilds are usually very busy when they are on. Unless you have a 15 man guild that never does anything that is.

Heck we even have level ranges in TS for groups levels 1 and up. PvP channel. Farm channel. The only good thing Biaxl ever did for us was point out that we needed to have a more approachable TS.

Eslade
02-20-2015, 04:04 PM
Talkin all this shit but ally with azrael any time that lite tells ya to jump. You out to worry about your own house first.

doesn't your guild constantly ally with holocaust at every opportunity? remember that time that holocaust wasn't allowed in fear and fresh never zoned in?

glass houses fgt.

dontbanpls
02-20-2015, 04:05 PM
doesn't apply because i don't go around slandering people for recruiting you desperate fuckin twat

Eslade
02-20-2015, 04:07 PM
doesn't apply because i don't go around slandering people for recruiting you desperate fuckin twat

U mad?

Humerox
02-20-2015, 04:09 PM
i remember that time. if certain fire giants hadn't been running trains in a circle around the damn portal we might have had some PvP. but you guys really didn't want that. you wanted uninterrupted pixel farming.

glass houses back atcha

Eslade
02-20-2015, 04:10 PM
i remember that time. if certain fire giants hadn't been running trains in a circle around the damn portal we might have had some PvP. but you guys really didn't want that. you wanted uninterrupted pixel farming.

glass houses back atcha

got prof?

erog84
02-20-2015, 04:45 PM
Definitely agree with the comments regarding the clique in fresh, and most others seem shunned. Had multiple friends who all left for the same reason, I think the leadership is trying to portray themselves as selfless and nice, but have other motives. Fresh also is bluebie as fuck (although I could see them trying to stay under the radar until they have enough highlvls to zerg). The other day I got a port, and when I landed i was surrounded by a ton of in range fresh people. None of them even attacked me, was pretty sad, I was hoping for a zone wide run with a ton of people chasing me :)

dontbanpls
02-20-2015, 04:59 PM
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h146/frostus27/well_bye.jpg

Humerox
02-20-2015, 05:06 PM
Definitely agree with the comments regarding the clique in fresh, and most others seem shunned. Had multiple friends who all left for the same reason, I think the leadership is trying to portray themselves as selfless and nice, but have other motives. Fresh also is bluebie as fuck (although I could see them trying to stay under the radar until they have enough highlvls to zerg). The other day I got a port, and when I landed i was surrounded by a ton of in range fresh people. None of them even attacked me, was pretty sad, I was hoping for a zone wide run with a ton of people chasing me :)

Were you ever in TS? Are you 46+? You can't be if you think we don't PvP. Even Holo and Azrael can't say that...although they may say we're not real good at it yet. We already know that and we're working on it.

Kinda hard to be kings of PvP without gear to PvP in. That leads to people bitching about being in rags and moving to <Holocaust> for easy pixels and protection.

Can't say much about lower levels not PvPing. We encourage it. Dunno what motives we can have when hardly anything at all goes to guild bank. What motives do we have when we random everything and nothing goes to guild bank? We know some people are going to be fair-weather guildees and have no loyalty for any reason. If you're a loot whore you have no place in <Fresh>. If you want an easy ride to the top you won't get it with us because we ARE a target. If you want to make this a 3 faction server we're your best bet.

Eslade
02-20-2015, 05:20 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_D_Z-D2tzi14/S_BaXBe16KI/AAAAAAAAC5s/PEnPD1dnOFU/s1600/useparagraphs!.png

skipdog
02-20-2015, 05:27 PM
I was the one porting him... and I gave him fair warning that there was pvp in RV and that we should go elsewhere. I also gave him fair opportunity to match prices of the other guildmate trying to sell me a pair.

Derp.

You agreed to a price with a GUILDMATE, then backed out when another price was offered and your GUILDMATE got PK'd a couple times in the process of getting it to you.

You are a douche.

Drewciferss
02-20-2015, 06:37 PM
To run your mouth about Fresh is retarded. guess what Fresh has the best guild loot system of all the guilds on the server need before greed/random 100. Fresh has no guild bank for the most part because we make sure everyone gets gear. no favoritism is used in Fresh. if Fresh knocked down CT and a AoN dropped pretty sure everyone on the raid would get a chance to random 100 for it. to say that the higher up members of Fresh dont help the lower guys is bullshit. i have personally handed out over 100k in gear and pp sense Fresh was started, denying myself to properly gear my main for many months walking around at lvl 60 still with an alligator tooth earing and until recently banded arms. and almost every time those people would lvl to 46 and go join holo. and to complain also that your not being helped by the higher ups while everyone 46+ is on a raid and you know this because we tell people we are raiding is just stupid.

daasgoot
02-20-2015, 06:41 PM
handed out 100K, main has banded arms. sounds legit

HippoNipple
02-20-2015, 06:42 PM
handed out 100K, main has banded arms. sounds legit

Lol I agree

karsten
02-20-2015, 06:43 PM
haha hooo boy

also, obligatory lolling at HB calling *other* people psychopaths/sociopaths

HOOOO BOY

anyways, I don't think i can remember a time anyone wasn't genuinely welcomed into teamspeak once they joined, regardless of level -- other than imabeast of course but he sorta doesn't count.

For the people who joined <Fresh> and decided it wasn't for them -- dat's cool with me, either a guild will fit with you or it won't.

I will say that most of the people who leave sort of self-select, because they haven't tended to be the people we wanted to be around either. I think this thread is a good example of the phenomenon, as well.

If you're new, or want a different experience, give the guild a shot, come into teamspeak and say hi. If it works for you, great, and if not, that's probably great too!

Casey VII
02-20-2015, 07:22 PM
If you aren't a person who gets into a guild's teamspeak at least once every day or two, please fuck off as hard as you possibly can.

If you cannot do that you literally do not belong in any guild on this server and you're dead weight.

Thank you

erog84
02-20-2015, 07:34 PM
Were you ever in TS? Are you 46+? You can't be if you think we don't PvP. Even Holo and Azrael can't say that...although they may say we're not real good at it yet. We already know that and we're working on it.

Kinda hard to be kings of PvP without gear to PvP in. That leads to people bitching about being in rags and moving to <Holocaust> for easy pixels and protection.

Can't say much about lower levels not PvPing. We encourage it. Dunno what motives we can have when hardly anything at all goes to guild bank. What motives do we have when we random everything and nothing goes to guild bank? We know some people are going to be fair-weather guildees and have no loyalty for any reason. If you're a loot whore you have no place in <Fresh>. If you want an easy ride to the top you won't get it with us because we ARE a target. If you want to make this a 3 faction server we're your best bet.

I just speak from my experience. On any toon, lvl 1-55( my highest), when I see a non fresh toon in range out in the world or a place like com/kc, I'm on my guard and am ready for pvp. When I see a fresh toon my guard is definitely lowered and I can't remember a single time a fresh person was the first to engage me. When I want to xp that bodes well, cause then I'm not worried so much about a group member stabbing me in the back. But when it comes to pvp per capita I think fresh is probably at the bottom of the server.

Who knows, maybe it will get better, I truly hope so, it would add some more spice to the server. Just so far I haven't seen itz

Goobles
02-20-2015, 07:39 PM
Forum trolls. That is all.

http://i.imgur.com/M81V69t.jpg

LostCause
02-20-2015, 09:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyrVP_czttU

karsten
02-21-2015, 01:48 AM
we just threw 35 <Fresh> at a raid zone, every single person in teamspeak was chill

Doors
02-21-2015, 01:55 AM
So <fresh>

Clark
02-21-2015, 02:15 AM
take it to tells fgts.

lol