PDA

View Full Version : NPC Spawn Issue: You cannot see your target

Intricus
03-03-2015, 02:04 AM
There is an issue when trying to cast a spell on Gornit in oot where unless you are standing right in front of him you will get the message this page is titled. Never had this issue on live EQ, could succsessfully cast a spell on him anywhere in range

Vega
03-03-2015, 11:32 AM
Are his feet underwater at the time? The water boundary will block line of sight I believe.

Intricus
03-03-2015, 05:24 PM
Are his feet underwater at the time? The water boundary will block line of sight I believe.

Yes Gornit up to his waist in the water...same as back on live EQ, only on live EQ this issue didnt exist, you could still cast on him from up on the ledge, and not get the "you cannot see your target" msg

wycca
03-03-2015, 09:56 PM
Hit boxes on p99 are odd and small. On live hitboxes weren't at their feet. There were also mobs with huge hitboxes - ie stuff in ToV comes to mind, but here it's tiny.

Intricus
03-27-2015, 10:30 AM
Seems this post served as more of an informer or reminder about Gornit. In my 5 years of playing here prior to this post he was camped maybe once out of 30 times, and any time I rode by on the boat I would see his big head stickin out of the water, unharmed. Since I brought this up he is camped 'round the clock.

Your Welcome!

evilkorn
03-27-2015, 02:14 PM
He was always camped here. IG toes are in high demand now and people farming SF would kill him all the time. I know I did and people would always jack him from me if I didn't grab him first or if I was mid rot.