PDA

View Full Version : Shards of Dalaya opposed to p1999

Norathorr
03-13-2015, 10:31 AM
Hi guys,
I play with a group of friends total there will be four of us. I want to play p1999 and two want to play shards of dalaya and one is undecided. My arguments for p1999 is that there is always people to fill the other two group slots if we need them. It is very hard to run out of content especially when velious comes out as a casual player and I think p1999 is better if any of the others quit, there are plenty of people to play with none the less. We are also Euro time too so I would imagine the player based on Dalaya during those times will be pretty small too.

Anyone have any experience on that server that could actually give me some information about what it is like to play there. I am not one to get invested in something with the end result getting stuck.

Thulack
03-13-2015, 10:51 AM
Well this is a classic server with almost completely classic setup where as SoD is custom stuff. So really depends on what you guys want.

Norathorr
03-13-2015, 10:57 AM
Well I personally want classic EQ, but the other guys want something they have not seen before. For me classic eq is perfect. The main thing I want though is to be able to play with my friends and keep progressing not feeling like I have to raid to keep going. I know in Velious I could have that satisfaction. There are so many quests that a group player can do or with small pu raids like Halls of testing to get a pretty decent character. I read some things about SoD that gave me the impression that to even do well in the single group arc you needed to have a bit of raid gear and alot of aa. This is all heresay though. Was hoping someone can give me some personal experience of what it is like to play there as at this point I am not convinced investing my time in it is worth it in terms of what I want out of it.

Neno
03-13-2015, 11:42 AM
Well I personally want classic EQ, but the other guys want something they have not seen before. For me classic eq is perfect. The main thing I want though is to be able to play with my friends and keep progressing not feeling like I have to raid to keep going. I know in Velious I could have that satisfaction. There are so many quests that a group player can do or with small pu raids like Halls of testing to get a pretty decent character. I read some things about SoD that gave me the impression that to even do well in the single group arc you needed to have a bit of raid gear and alot of aa. This is all heresay though. Was hoping someone can give me some personal experience of what it is like to play there as at this point I am not convinced investing my time in it is worth it in terms of what I want out of it.

I played on SoD for about 8 months with <Goon Squad> 5 years ago. The content there is pretty well done and goes above and beyond in terms of scripting and encounters but you will be playing a long game of catch up unless things have changed. It was definitely a server that required time and character building but felt very rewarding.

The big difference between getting to end game on SoD and getting to end game on P99 is going to be time. Your group can spend a few months on P99 to hit 60 and start looking for guilds where as on SoD you are looking at probably twice that much time or more unless they have really made it more accessible for new players.

Playing euro time is not necessarily a handicap here due to raid bosses having a variance where as playing on euro time on SoD will really limit the raid guilds you will be able to join and if you want to see relevant end game content you will need a guild even tho you can box.

Wharhog
03-13-2015, 01:26 PM
Fresh server starting in 1 week here: http://www.p2002.com/

Will have euro players as well as westerners.

Classic for 3 months then Kunark set to release, will be going up to PoP in progression.

Norathorr
03-13-2015, 02:59 PM
I played on SoD for about 8 months with <Goon Squad> 5 years ago. The content there is pretty well done and goes above and beyond in terms of scripting and encounters but you will be playing a long game of catch up unless things have changed. It was definitely a server that required time and character building but felt very rewarding.

The big difference between getting to end game on SoD and getting to end game on P99 is going to be time. Your group can spend a few months on P99 to hit 60 and start looking for guilds where as on SoD you are looking at probably twice that much time or more unless they have really made it more accessible for new players.

Playing euro time is not necessarily a handicap here due to raid bosses having a variance where as playing on euro time on SoD will really limit the raid guilds you will be able to join and if you want to see relevant end game content you will need a guild even tho you can box.

Only thing is we will not be raiding so it will really only be PU raids if there are any or single group. I have heard that single group stuff is kinda impossible without raid gear to supplement it beyond a certain point, wheras in Velious I would feel a skilled group of individuals could achieve what it would take 2 or 3 groups of bumblers to do with the correct planning and trickery. Is it true that you need raid gear to finish the 6 person missions or is that just false?

loramin
03-13-2015, 04:03 PM
Fresh server starting in 1 week here: http://www.p2002.com/

Will have euro players as well as westerners.

Classic for 3 months then Kunark set to release, will be going up to PoP in progression.

Three box limit enforced by ip restriction.

Yeah, so if OP and friends want to field their own small raid that will be the perfect server for them. If they actually want to play EverQuest, maybe not so much.

Tongpow
03-13-2015, 04:15 PM
Only thing is we will not be raiding so it will really only be PU raids if there are any or single group. I have heard that single group stuff is kinda impossible without raid gear to supplement it beyond a certain point, wheras in Velious I would feel a skilled group of individuals could achieve what it would take 2 or 3 groups of bumblers to do with the correct planning and trickery. Is it true that you need raid gear to finish the 6 person missions or is that just false?

its tier based, some of the 6man gear is best in slot and super fucking hard think with a balanced group and good tradeable gear you can do up to around tier7 in Emberflow past that your gonna need raid gear

http://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/6-man_Tiers

http://shardsofdalaya.com/fomelo/fomelo.php?char=Oshieh i miss playing my ranger but that server has been dead for like 4years now

Norathorr
03-13-2015, 04:48 PM
That is what I was worried about strict tiering is kinda annoying as there is not much room for improvisation and that is what makes classic eq so strong. The resourceful player can always achieve more with less. They have agreed to play 99 for now thankfully!

Orruar
03-13-2015, 06:09 PM
Yeah, so if OP and friends want to field their own small raid that will be the perfect server for them. If they actually want to play EverQuest, maybe not so much.

Yeah, because having a rule that allows boxing requires everyone to box, whether they want to or not. Can you at least try to hide your trolling?

Piff
03-13-2015, 09:00 PM
haven't played in a minute. could never find a group. worth downloading the patcher again?

http://shardsofdalaya.com/fomelo/fomelo.php?char=kendrick

Pokesan
03-13-2015, 10:17 PM
server hasn't been good since Wiz was in charge and/or 36 man raiding

ttime123
03-14-2015, 04:58 PM
Never played with wiz but played that game for about 5years. With the higher guilds being a newcomer is going to be tough until your toon gets aa's and better gear. That game now is based and always been based on you being on alot. If you are on alot and have no job and no heat from family you could do good. There has been alot of times when i played in guilds and had my toon high enought to get into like tier 10 plus raids, but work affected me playing more, lower level toons got a raid spot, because they were on all the time. That's the main reason i quit that game i loved it, but time after time there was favoritism, but loved the boxing.