PDA

View Full Version : Group System Changes

Rogean
10-02-2010, 03:28 AM
The test server is currently up with some significant changes. I have ripped out and rewritten the entire group system from scratch in an effort to make it more efficient and remove many of the bugs that people experienced. The system is now more centrally controlled with better synchronization across the zones. In addition to this, I tied it into the same queue system that tells use, so that all group actions are queued while a player is zoning and delivered when finished. This includes group messages. This should have eliminated any bugs with the group system.

/makeleader <name> now works cross-zone.
Removing a group member using /disband now works cross zone by using the F# keys to target the group member you want to remove, then typing the command.
Group Leader will properly update if the leader leaves the group, it will pass to the next member on a seniority basis.
It's no longer possible to group with yourself.
/split will no longer convert coin to different types.
TGB (Target Group Buff) has been disabled as it is not suppose to exist until Velious.

Pretty much any portion of code that referenced the group object had to be re-written, so I need people to test this as thoroughly as possible.

Also on test is some code changes Haynar has made that should patch up any remaining trade bugs there are, so give that a test too. Don't just simply do a single trade, but try to replicate a bugged environment like spamming trade on someone already in a trade or while they're trying to initiate with someone else, or a trade with a player that goes linkdead (You can simulate that by doing a /quit or /exit), etc. The characters on test are a copy and any changes (including items lost) do not affect your live character; so test away.

If you encounter any bugs, especially anything that crashes a zone, or even worse the worldserver, please be sure to report it to me with as many details as possible, and steps to replicate it.

Thanks~</name>

Rogean
10-02-2010, 04:05 AM
Bug: Inviting more than 6 and accepting to overfill group; Fixed next test update.

finalgrunt
10-02-2010, 04:11 AM
Bug: another group member's pet green bar doesn't update if not targeted

ziggyholiday
10-02-2010, 12:04 PM
Did inviting cross-zone not work until luclin?

kingsBlend
10-02-2010, 01:55 PM
Will guild chat also queue while zoning?

oldhead
10-03-2010, 01:25 AM
Good stuff... my monk wont like the self group /split nerf :D
Surprised it lasted so long.

Kender
10-05-2010, 07:09 PM
Good stuff... my monk wont like the self group /split nerf :D
Surprised it lasted so long.

it's not a nerf it's a bug fix. big difference

Reodd
10-05-2010, 09:43 PM
Possible autosplit bug - doing further testing, but it seems that if there isn't enough of a coin type to split to the entire group (5g in a 6 man group) everyone gets 0 of that coin type now, including the person who looted the corpse.

Uthgaard
10-05-2010, 10:28 PM
Already tested it. Not the case. My logs are in the TLDR thread on the same topic.