PDA

View Full Version : Spells: Charm much less reliable after patch.

Rayzor84
03-26-2015, 11:01 PM
Charm is breaking far more quickly after the patch. It is more unreliable, even at a 245 charisma and a decent level difference + tash + malo. A tash ed malod sonic bat broke twice in 3 minutes at lvl 55, 245 charisma. Mobs in HS are as bad. Same being reported by necros charming in HS, noticible difference.

Can you please make sure the patch didn't do the opposite of what u intended for charm?

Catashe
03-27-2015, 06:33 PM
less reliable? sure sounds like classic to me lol ;)

Rayzor84
03-27-2015, 06:35 PM
Yeah, but the patch claimed the opposite. I think it should be looked into, maybe it was inadvertently made worse.

SamwiseRed
03-27-2015, 10:04 PM
Classic

Traj
03-28-2015, 01:33 PM
yep charm is not holding much at all since last patch I don't even bother charming any more. to much of a hassle I usually burn all my mana just to get one to two kills so I just use my chanter pet slower but much safer and more efficient

derpcake
03-31-2015, 01:04 PM
After spending easily 20 hours with a chanter with a pet nearby in KC, I have to say it looks kind of iffy. (r99)

A 60 chanter with tash & malo on pet, very high cha (Farmmbo) would see repeated charm breaks, sometimes two or three times in short succession.

Seems kinda weird since pet was green and all that.

JayN
03-31-2015, 01:08 PM
level is becoming a less and less used component in charm no surprise

zanderklocke
03-31-2015, 04:11 PM
Surprisingly, a level 44 character was able to charm the undead foreman with puppet strings yesterday on the first click. I didn't think that was even possible. Maybe level is less of a component now?

Rayzor84
04-01-2015, 11:17 AM
Regardless, with both superior level AND charisma AND tash/malo charm isn't holding, all 3 components accounted for.

Nirgon
04-01-2015, 11:19 AM
Charm if its nerfed is a step in the right direction

NPC aggro range/assist too low in a lot of cases imo... going on feel here

PC channeling working too well when being hit too

I think live is a good comparison for this stuff

Running out of things to say aren't classic cuz of Haynar, this is quite a forum lifestyle change

Rayzor84
04-01-2015, 11:26 AM
Charm if its nerfed is a step in the right direction

NPC aggro range/assist too low in a lot of cases imo... going on feel here

PC channeling working too well when being hit too

I think live is a good comparison for this stuff

Running out of things to say aren't classic cuz of Haynar, this is quite a forum lifestyle change

None of that is really my point though.

My point is the notes say charm was buffed based on charisma, and the consensus from both chanter and necro friends and guildies is that it was actually nerfed. Therefore I'm asking that it be looked into as a possible unintentional nerf and have it fixed.

JayN
04-01-2015, 11:28 AM
None of that is really my point though.

My point is the notes say charm was buffed based on charisma, and the consensus from both chanter and necro friends and guildies is that it was actually nerfed. Therefore I'm asking that it be looked into as a possible unintentional nerf and have it fixed.

Please point to say where it said that in the patch notes; I think you may be mistaken

Samoht
04-01-2015, 11:32 AM

Please point to say where it said that in the patch notes; I think you may be mistaken

Haynar: Adjusted charisma check for charm, based on new 255 resist caps. Charm should be more dependable now.

i'm pretty sure that by saying charm should be more dependable they did not mean they were nerfing it...

Rayzor84
04-01-2015, 11:39 AM

Haynar: Adjusted charisma check for charm, based on new 255 resist caps. Charm should be more dependable now.

Meaning less charm breaks for high charisma, am I right? But at 245 charisma the exact opposite is happening. The same mobs I charmed before the patch without much issue are now breaking way too often. And like I said it isn't just me.

Nirgon
04-01-2015, 11:48 AM
Root/charm break more on ticks

This is a good thing

I almost never saw someone charm something that wasn't green on live

Definitely no one running around brutalizing sebilis with a charmed krup knight

I can also sunstrike down a mob in seb with my wizard here without it ever breaking

This was basically impossible on live

I main a caster, this hurts me but my agenda isn't to benefit myself

Rayzor84
04-01-2015, 11:51 AM
Root/charm break more on ticks

I'm not sure what u don't understand about supposed to be "more dependable" but I'm going to assume u are just a touch special.

Nirgon
04-01-2015, 11:56 AM
More dependable on less resistant mobs :) (aka shit that isn't dark blue to you)

The change that is made right now is a huge step in the right direction

Root/charm were way too powerful here for way too long

Most NPCs (guards in towns!), especially planar trash need to be more resistant

Juggers in seb are about right

Rayzor84
04-01-2015, 12:00 PM
More dependable on less resistant mobs :) (aka shit that isn't dark blue to you)

The change that is made right now is a huge step in the right direction

Root/charm were way too powerful here for way too long

Most NPCs (guards in towns!), especially planar trash need to be more resistant

Juggers in seb are about right

Once again, nothing was ever said about resistance, con, or anything else, just CHARISMA and MORE DEPENDABLE.

Nirgon
04-01-2015, 12:13 PM
So you want it reverted back to how it was before this patch?

Some people like getting Haynar'd, others don't. Guess I'm a classic EQ masochist sicko.

kanaar
04-01-2015, 12:28 PM
I have been charming a lot since patch, not trivial mobs, hs south and east mostly.
I would say it works better overall. Perhaps the level difference has less difference indeed, I felt that pets 50+ were holding better, while trivial ones were less stable.

It is very hard to get reliable conclusions with something based on random number generators, especially when you are biased by patch notes saying "it will be better".
When you expect something has changed for better, you are always disappointed when its not so good, and even often feel its worse than before.

In classic live, enchanters were rare, relatively unskilled compared to today, and groups were afraid of the charm breaks horror stories. So yeah, charm looked unreliable, because people didn't know well how to use it and deal with breaks.

Now on P99, every enchanter has years of experience, or guides to learn, groups know what to do, etc. So charm looks more trustworthy.

Grimjaw
04-01-2015, 01:25 PM
I think the only problem is that the patch note should have just said "less dependable" and not "more dependable". thats what has OP's panties in a bunch.

also:

http://i.imgur.com/neOaWKC.jpg

curtischoy
04-03-2015, 10:21 PM
I think the only problem is that the patch note should have just said "less dependable" and not "more dependable". thats what has OP's panties in a bunch.

If this were true, then yes; I believe this post would have never been made. But it is not true. The opposite is true. (Literally, in fact)

"Shits Classic" Agreed; but this was not what was stated in the notes. I'm sure that is all OP is saying. And it makes sense to say it, given the notes.

Grimjaw
04-04-2015, 07:45 AM
ive noticed all spells that "Hold" are less dependable across the board - invis, roots, charms...

so maybe one change made charm more dependable, whereas another change nurfed those "Hold" type spells across the board. which net resulted in a nurf to charm

Slowride
04-04-2015, 07:56 AM
Who is that? in that picture? I have seen that in a video once.. don't recall what one however.

Grimjaw
04-04-2015, 08:04 AM
Brad McQuaid

Raev
04-04-2015, 10:01 AM
I dusted off Loraen for a few hours last night; charm held just fine as far as I could see.

Rayzor84
04-04-2015, 11:22 AM
ive noticed all spells that "Hold" are less dependable across the board - invis, roots, charms...

so maybe one change made charm more dependable, whereas another change nurfed those "Hold" type spells across the board. which net resulted in a nurf to charm

I've noticed this as well but thought it was bad luck with the invis. I know they outright nerfed root so that accounts for root breaks. But I shouldn't be getting a hs pyre golem breaking 3x in one fight against another pyre golem.