PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Sneak pulling is broken and it doesn't have anything to do with collision

paulgiamatti
04-07-2015, 12:58 PM
Yep, this is another thread in which I don't have any proof but am seeking confirmation from other players who have also noticed issues with this.

This is unrelated to the collision changes - everything I've noticed w/r/t collision seems to be working fine. However, it seems to me that sneak pulling regularly fails now on pulls that normally work 100% of the time.

Here's an example: the first black reaver in City of Mist, after you pick the locked door open. You should be able to single pull it with sneak. If anyone is willing to get some fraps of this, here's a good place to start.

JayN
04-07-2015, 01:29 PM
sneak pulling wasnt classic, glad its gone. good by fungi duos

paulgiamatti
04-07-2015, 01:42 PM
I've also heard that the way it worked wasn't classic, but seems strange it would be changed without a mention in the patch notes or something. Either way, I agree that whatever's classic is best.

Colgate
04-07-2015, 02:04 PM
mobs that are facing a mob will assist it while you are sneaking

makes way more sense now

Cecily
04-07-2015, 02:40 PM
You're right, it has nothing to do with collision. A sneak tagged mob won't pass in front of another social mob anymore and say,"Hello, Tom. How are you today?"

"Oh I'm doing just fine, Bill. I see you're chasing someone. Haha, those crazy kids snuck up behind us again didn't they? Oh well, good luck!"

"Thanks, Tom! I'm sure I'll be fine this time. Have a great day if I don't come back."

Erati
04-07-2015, 10:39 PM
"Hello, Tom. How are you today?"

"Oh I'm doing just fine, Bill. I see you're chasing someone. Haha, those crazy kids snuck up behind us again didn't they? Oh well, good luck!"

"Thanks, Tom! I'm sure I'll be fine this time. Have a great day if I don't come back."

this is amazing, those pesky kids!!!!

Haynar
04-07-2015, 10:59 PM
Yep. I changed it. Nope I didn't meantion it. Yes, I left the change to be as a suprise. It is closer to classic now. No, I don't plan on changing it more.

H

JayN
04-07-2015, 11:52 PM
Yep. I changed it. Nope I didn't meantion it. Yes, I left the change to be as a suprise. It is closer to classic now. No, I don't plan on changing it more.

H

should nerf it to classics, fungi duos is bullshit

paulgiamatti
04-08-2015, 06:54 AM
You're right, it has nothing to do with collision. A sneak tagged mob won't pass in front of another social mob anymore and say,"Hello, Tom. How are you today?"

Haha