PDA

View Full Version : Spells: Root/Enstill/Immobalize/Paralyzing Earth

ppdanny
04-08-2015, 02:22 PM
I understand that these spells were over-powered before the last patch, but now their effectiveness is next to nothing. Nowhere near what what were on classic. Against a blue mob at least 3 levels down, an Enstill should last max duration on a malaisement'd mob 9/10. Right now its lasting full duration 1/25.

Not to mention with root being what it was up until this point is incredibly unfair to those who are leveling now versus those who had previously managed to level before this major nerf.

gildor
04-08-2015, 02:39 PM
don't forget grasping roots in there :) druid/ranger roots are next to useless now as well

Nirgon
04-08-2015, 02:49 PM
on live during this era/Velious i had trouble soloing a seb frog with wiz epic because root was very unreliable

prior to this patch on p99 I could just tear through mobs starting at the entrance all the way down with a rend robe (didn't have this on live but ~double cast time of a sunstrike to illustrate) no problem whatsoever ezmode

Daldaen
04-08-2015, 02:58 PM
Root works fine at level 60 on level 50 mobs. Lasts full duration normally. This is classic.

Root breaks a ton on level 55-58ish mobs at level 60. Also confirmed classic.

I'm not really leveling an alt via root rotting right now so I'm not entirely sure how it's working at low levels. But at max level root is working as intended.

Ele
04-08-2015, 03:57 PM
Not to mention with root being what it was up until this point is incredibly unfair to those who are leveling now versus those who had previously managed to level before this major nerf.

Think of the server a long beta project and you will enjoy it more. Don't think about all the broken mechanics that came before you, play with what you have and enjoy it for what it is.

Nearly all the current population missed dropping manastones, guises, lustrous russet, cryosilk. There were bonus exp weekends years ago. There was Skyfire AE easy 1 groupable over the current Chardok AE. Mage pets used to be OP. Enchanter charm used to be OP. Enchanter Whirl til You Hurl was OP. Dragon AEs were broken at different points.

JayN
04-08-2015, 03:59 PM
Think of the server a long beta project and you will enjoy it more. Don't think about all the broken mechanics that came before you, play with what you have and enjoy it for what it is.

Nearly all the current population missed dropping manastones, guises, lustrous russet, cryosilk. There were bonus exp weekends years ago. There was Skyfire AE easy 1 groupable over the current Chardok AE. Mage pets used to be OP. Enchanter charm used to be OP. Enchanter Whirl til You Hurl was OP. Dragon AEs were broken at different points.

Thats a good start to the mega big ass broken list; also good arguments for WIPING IT ALL CLEAN!!!!

kaev
04-08-2015, 04:06 PM
While messing around on my L48 Ranger the other day (after patch), Grasping Roots (druid/ranger root) stuck like glue on green cons, rarely broke on very low blue cons (i.e. mobs that are sometimes blue and sometimes XP giving green cons), and broke early often enough on more challenging blues that I had to zone rather than being able to slowly kill them with root & shoot while medding when things got dicey due to adds.

IOW, shit's classic. Root was never as good on live back in the day as it used to be here. Relying on root when you were LOM on live meant you better be ready to zone or resign yourself to the upcoming CR. Sample size is still small, but so far it feels about right.

Coffee
04-09-2015, 09:49 AM
on pvp server roots often drop off naked people 1 tic after it lands

or after 1 melee hit

so frustrating

http://i.imgur.com/LH1yaVF.gif

Daldaen
04-09-2015, 10:06 AM
The more concerning thing is why you are even PvPing a naked person to begin with. That strikes me as just a douche move as they pose no real threat.

Unless it's just some bind rushing wizard or something.

Ele
04-09-2015, 10:27 AM
The more concerning thing is why you are even PvPing a naked person to begin with. That strikes me as just a douche move as they pose no real threat.

Unless it's just some bind rushing wizard or something.

that yellow text man, life blood

Man0warr
04-09-2015, 10:46 AM
I've been killing stuff with root/epic in CoM on my 50s shaman for the last week and Enstill seems to hold for max duration the majority of the time on the blues I'm killing.

If I come across one of the 45+ mobs root doesn't hold that well but I don't expect it to.

Nirgon
04-09-2015, 12:17 PM
Melee shouldn't be breaking it, probably coincidence with it just fading... but if it is... pls fix ain't classic

ppdanny
04-12-2015, 06:18 AM
Looks like they messed with the formula even more with this latest restart. I've had root break every mob now before I even nuke it on my wizard today. At last last night it was only when I nuked that they would break.

Renault
04-12-2015, 06:50 AM
QQ

enstill working fine for me

BlkCamel
04-12-2015, 07:20 AM
DBL post

BlkCamel
04-12-2015, 07:23 AM
Looks like they messed with the formula even more with this latest restart. I've had root break every mob now before I even nuke it on my wizard today. At last last night it was only when I nuked that they would break.

You are experiencing Selective perception and Confirmation bias right now I think. Sleep on it and then try again. Root/Resist changes would be released with notes, recent patch appears to be related to Velious release and possibly a recent Hacker.:D