PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: FD logic doesn't remember your are FD when a spell lands

worch
05-07-2015, 04:12 PM
From Dec 1st patch notes,
Haynar: FD logic will remember better that you are FD, when a spell lands. No more flip/flop while a mob is casting to avoid breaking FD.

When a spell lands while FD, it still breaks FD. It doesn't seem like this change made it in.

Roy
05-07-2015, 04:23 PM
If I'm reading the quote you posted correctly, it literally says "no more flip/flop while a mob is casting to avoid breaking FD" so this is working exactly as it should?

It should be breaking your FD.

worch
05-07-2015, 04:55 PM
I checked with some other monks.. Prior to the patch, if you FD and stand up before the spell lands, the mob would lose aggro. The quoted patch note refers to fixing this, so I misunderstood this change. Appears to be working as intended afaik.

Grimjaw
05-07-2015, 06:04 PM
im reading haynar's patch note like the OP orginialy did. "FD LOGIC WILL REMEMBER" "THAT YOU ARE FD" "WHEN A SPELL LANDS". that has nothing to do with being standing up when a spell lands... its about being FD when a spell lands...

worch
05-08-2015, 08:47 PM
Prior to the patch, if you FD and stand up before the spell lands, the mob would lose aggro. The quoted patch note refers to fixing this

Actually, this still works. I was able to lose a caster mob's aggro by FD'ing and standing up before its spell landed, so that still works -- the patch didn't change/fix that.

I don't think this change made it in to the server's current build.

planarity
05-08-2015, 09:51 PM
Actually, this still works. I was able to lose a caster mob's aggro by FD'ing and standing up before its spell landed, so that still works -- the patch didn't change/fix that.

What level was the mob?

worch
05-09-2015, 06:02 AM
What level was the mob?

It was a froglok wizard near the entrance of seb, so around 52. Monk was 57.