PDA

View Full Version : Let's Play Project 1999! YouTube Video Series

PabloEdvardo
10-16-2010, 01:08 PM
Hello Project 1999 Community Members,

I am an old EQ player, old EQEmu team member, and avid fan of the 'classic' scene.

I just recently discovered Project 1999 and I'm having a lot of fun. I decided to catalog my first few moments in the game in HD on YouTube to help promote this amazing project.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=6A5D7AD7134A1617

Enjoy!

Arkanjil
10-16-2010, 01:55 PM
These are pretty neat! Nice work!

Tappin
10-16-2010, 02:09 PM
Entertaining :) I felt a lot of the same things playing again for the first time in many years. Every sound was like a flood of memories washing over me.

Ingrum
10-17-2010, 11:37 AM
Pretty cool man. Loved the newbie nostalgic input. You should make more videos with the high resolution textures and a bit of experience under your belt.

Would love to hear your commentary on the frustrating places like Unrest, Mistmoore, and the Solusek dungeons.

Divarin
10-17-2010, 01:23 PM
this should get some new recruits interested, good work!

PabloEdvardo
10-17-2010, 03:14 PM
Thanks for the comments!

I'll try and get up a few levels and catalog some more interesting stuff next (like the first dungeon, or a cross-country adventure, or something :))

purist
10-17-2010, 03:54 PM
Nice Pablo, I enjoyed watching a few of those.

Daakkon
10-17-2010, 03:59 PM
This is a great idea, make a channel for P99 so we could also upload vids and it's all under one name.

PabloEdvardo
10-19-2010, 01:39 PM
Parts 7 - 13 have been added, full of newb realizations, town running, and bat slaying.

The next series of videos will include my first spell level (level four) and hopefully my first group!

Edit: I just found my old Shadows of Luclin install disks, so I'm going to try and unpack and install the Hi-Res textures for the next video. :D

Ingrum
10-19-2010, 08:59 PM
Haha, "Oh, looks like somebody two boxing there... oh cool, full bronze armor! Must be a cleric."

"Hooooly cow! One platinum for a cracked staff. That's huge!"

The random tips your throw in there are great. Some of the videos are drawn out a bit but the mentality and thinking process that goes into rediscovering this game makes them all entertaining.

What are you using to record these?

Looking forward to the high res adventures.

Grobles87
10-24-2010, 03:43 PM
I'm also interested in seeing the high res textures. I also have the same question as Ingrum, what are you using to record these videos? They look really fluid. I've tried a couple of programs, but all of them tend to slow down the game.

BTW, I'm not sure if the Luclin textures are working properly straight out of the discs. Maybe it's better if you use the prepacked high-res textures. Here's the link (http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2482). Looks like the difference is very noticeable.

FireEmblem86
10-31-2010, 07:44 PM
Frick. I was planning on doing this with an Iksar necro...

Well, I'll do it anyway, and I'll show you! I'LL SHOW YOU ALL!

SmokeinMirrors
11-08-2010, 07:15 PM
"Looks like somebody two boxing" AHAHAHA. Reminds me of that scene in Forest Gump when he makes a call because there are people shining lights in the building next door and its keeping him awake! BUSTED!!!

Anyways, I really enjoyed the videos, sat here for like an hour and a half entranced by them. My Titanium box should be in within the next 3-4 days! CANT WAIT!!!

Also, those "black altars" are portals if I remember correctly. You don't have to jump off the ledge to get to the enchanters' guild. Just go into the first building on the right and you'll see a room (you were in it at one point) where you see mage, wiz, and enchanter symbols with the "black alters". Just step on to the enchanter symbol one. Wallah!

Zadrian
11-16-2010, 11:30 PM
Nice.

I tried making a let's play for this server months ago. Got kind of pointless after a few parts of just killing stuff.

PabloEdvardo
11-17-2010, 07:44 PM
Nice.

I tried making a let's play for this server months ago. Got kind of pointless after a few parts of just killing stuff.

Yeah that's definitely an issue that I'm running into.

Currently I have three characters (a shaman, an enchanter, and a cleric) that I'll be videologging.

Now that I've shown the newbie experience and the basics of getting into the game, further "Let's Play"s will be 25-45 minute long segments regarding strategy (grouping, camping, or traveling).

I think we need to start converting a lot of the information that was once overflowing among message boards and strategy sites into viable and informative video segments.

If anyone else would like to make their own videos, I'm also thinking of creating a 'how-to' video to showcase how anyone here can start making their own HD captures.

Fuzzi
11-18-2010, 12:35 AM
Nice.

I tried making a let's play for this server months ago. Got kind of pointless after a lot of parts of just corpse runs.

I fixed your post. Saw that you played a ranger.

psicore
11-18-2010, 03:57 PM
This should be a STICKY ¥. I believe if we are introducing new people to Everquest over the next few years still. They should take the time to figure out how difficult it may be.

I like the videos, they include some key instructions and clear understanding that this game takes patients. If you are not a patient person, then this game is not for you.

Lyrik
11-18-2010, 04:23 PM
I saw Ehlusion at level 8 the other day (probably more like the other week). Maybe I'll be in a video!

Hobby
11-19-2010, 03:29 PM
Got to the end of the videos, waiting patiently for the new update =)

-nudge nudge-

dredge
11-24-2010, 09:40 PM

Gwence
11-27-2010, 05:52 AM
maps only work in zones adjacent to starting cities, and those black sacrificial alters are actually port pads.