PDA

View Full Version : autofire for ranged

mystang89
06-01-2015, 07:07 PM
Is there a way to get the autofire macroto work? I know that this command had not come out yet but this sucks trying to kite mobs around at the same time mashing the ranged button.
Is there a workaround or an easier way of doing this.?
When i played eq live it was after kunarch had been released so I never dealt with this.
I love ranger and using bored but this is a headache.

mystang89
06-03-2015, 08:03 AM
I'm guessing there isn't a way judging from the lack of responses?

Champion_Standing
06-03-2015, 08:15 AM
Autofire isn't gonna work, but you can do some other stuff with keybinds. Hard to say exactly what would be optimal for where and how you play but you can always consider doing this....bind Hotbar 2 9+10 to movement key(s), drop ranged attack in both those slots and then you will fire as you move around...Just wanna make sure you remove those hotbuttons before you go into town targeting merchants.

not really an ideal solution but it i think that's the closest you are gonna come to autofire on this server

of course if you haven't already you can totally rethink you keybinds and just set your ranged attack to something thats easier to hit while you are moving around, if you have a mouse with buttons 4, 5 etc that might be a good place to start.

Jimjam
06-03-2015, 08:24 AM
Homer Simpson bound range to Y
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/2239283/homer-bird-o.gif

Ravager
06-03-2015, 08:27 AM

That show used to be great.

Champion_Standing
06-03-2015, 08:31 AM

I'm sorry, your fingers are too fat to use this phone, if you would like to order a special dialing wand, mash the keypad with your hand now.

love that ep

Ele
06-03-2015, 09:03 AM
Shit, kids are lazy these days.

Pscottdai
06-03-2015, 09:08 AM
Back in the day autofire program was used a lot - before an autofire function was put in to the game.
see here: http://www.axiomfiles.com/Files/206882/autofire.htm

Not sure if it is allowed here or not however.

sulpher01
06-03-2015, 09:14 AM
Back in the day autofire program was used a lot - before an autofire function was put in to the game.
see here: http://www.axiomfiles.com/Files/206882/autofire.htm

Not sure if it is allowed here or not however.

It is not.

mystang89
06-03-2015, 11:55 AM
Not really thinking its lazy, more like a quality of life thing. You don't mash the melee button so why should rangers mash the RANGE button lol.
Anyway, thank you for the keybind option. I'm going to look into that. I don't have a 4 or 5 button nose but I'm sure I can think of something. Only problem with the hot button page 2 and up is that for some reason I can't bind those keys to my keyboard.

Destron
06-03-2015, 11:57 AM
Not really thinking its lazy, more like a quality of life thing. You don't mash the melee button so why should rangers mash the RANGE button lol.

Because Rangers should be punished for playing Rangers.

Samoht
06-03-2015, 11:58 AM

They shouldn't. The DPS sucks, anyway. Just run in and mash auto-attack then AFK like everybody else.

Swish
06-03-2015, 12:03 PM
Let me get this for my rogue so I don't have to manually backstab plzzz?

Ugh...why not just watch your friend play or go on Twitch? Same thing.

Credge
06-03-2015, 12:06 PM

Well, it's a bit different. The viability of ranged attack sits somewhere between "casting a spell" and "logging off".

Swish
06-03-2015, 12:11 PM
Lump this in with bards who want /melody so they can afk to 60 while being grouped :p

mystang89
06-03-2015, 12:15 PM

Isn't backstab an ability? Ranged attack isn't an ability. I'm not even talking about sitting back and going to sleep on a mob. When I played live I know there are people who did this and you could recognize them and in the future decide to or not to play with them based on their gameplay.
I like to kite. When I kite it shouldn't be any different than a melee attack for tanks. The reason I'm not a fan of just running up to a mob and smashing its face in with whatever I happen to have equipped at the moment is because I'm not melee. If I wanted to be melee I would be a rogue, or tank or SK etc. I'm a ranger because I like being able to control what happens if the mob breaks through the dps and comes for the squishies. At least my roots or even my 1/2 sec of life before it dies might give the squishies time to pull of something miraculous.
There are plenty of ranger skills that are bow dependent. Why use them if you dont use a bow and just run up to the mob and start smashing its face. I can fall asleep doing that in a group just as easy as if I were shooting a bow.
And back to the keybind I found that you can't keybind to the mouse wheel :( Still thinking here lol.

Swish
06-03-2015, 12:23 PM
Can't you keybind to gamer mouse buttons? I don't have one of those, but I imagine people would if they could.

If you bind ranged attack to a hot key and could automate it, would you?

Jimjam
06-03-2015, 12:23 PM
They shouldn't. The DPS sucks, anyway. Just run in and mash auto-attack then AFK like everybody else.

I suggest mystang89 was saying there is auto attack for basic melee swings so why not autofire for ranged.

Agreed on the point you were trying to make though, much of the time I save my kick/slam buttons to hit after a successful taunt rather than mashing them. Not sure which approach is better.

Samoht
06-03-2015, 12:36 PM
I'm not melee.

I'm a ranger

You're playing the wrong game, son. Rangers in EverQuest are not some kind of Arcane Archer. They're a dual-wielding, auto-attacking melee hybrid. This goes back to DND roots, where rangers started with the Two-Weapon Fighting feat.

Rangers are a melee class. Always have been.

Swish
06-03-2015, 12:37 PM
Yep, see EQ2 for proper ranged action...or a emu server with a timeline further along.

curtischoy
06-03-2015, 12:47 PM
Ranged dps sucks even with a great bow and arrows. The bow is for pulling and getting some hits for fun before the mob comes to camp.

mystang89
06-03-2015, 01:04 PM
Can't you keybind to gamer mouse buttons? I don't have one of those, but I imagine people would if they could.

If you bind ranged attack to a hot key and could automate it, would you?

I don't know if you can keybind to a gamer mouse button or not as I don't have one, just a plain ol' basic mouse lol. What do you mean automate it? If you mean it would work exactly like /autofire does on live then yes.

Dad, as far as me playing the game wrong, I played up till lvl 80 ranger on live so it's not like I'm new to the class itself or most of the mechanics. I played live for around 10 years as a ranger as well. It was my main and I mainly used it as ranged. It worked and it worked well. I'm not saying we don't melee, but I just don't melee while I'm kiting....well, I try not to lol

Besides, anyone can sit there and be lazy. /Doability 1, pause 10, doability 2/ pause 10/ Rince repeat.

JimJam was correct in stating what I was trying to say. Sorry if I didn't say it clearly. The words in my head are much better organized than what come out of it ;p