PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Bard songs only lasting 2 ticks

Randy Butternbs
06-12-2015, 07:23 AM
Noticed this while killing seafuries that a 4 song rotation was breaking early. Also happening with Niv's Melody of Preservation click on Breath of Harmony. Detrimental or beneficial, cast on myself or a mob, my songs are only lasting up to 12 seconds. Tried camp/relog, different zone, replacing the v36 files. Searched for other threads reporting this and didn't see any.

Dalven
06-12-2015, 03:48 PM
Also noticed this fear kiting today - previous to the patch when fear kiting on my bard I typically roll snare/fear/dot/dot with no breaks on snare or fear before starting the cycle again. When fear kiting today and rolling the same songs both snare and fear would be breaking towards the end of the second dot or at the beginning of the re-snare cast. Is this as intended? Offensive bard songs have always rolled for 3 ticks giving ample time to twist 4 offensive songs, now this is impossible.

Valtiel
06-12-2015, 04:25 PM
Wasn't in the patch notes, probably a bug too

Alias
06-12-2015, 11:33 PM
Same experience, can't get through the same song rotation i've used for 2 years.

Kileras
06-13-2015, 07:03 AM
same thing, can vouch for it. Movespeed/strafe bug made kiting super hard, so went to do some fear kiting and that as well seems flubbed.

Xaanka
06-14-2015, 03:07 PM
same thing, can vouch for it. Movespeed/strafe bug made kiting super hard, so went to do some fear kiting and that as well seems flubbed.

Bard mez is broken too, so it's not like you can join a group and contribute either.

Whites
06-14-2015, 07:53 PM
same fear and mez only lasting 12 seconds or two ticks... feeling pretty useless atm

smurfu55
06-14-2015, 09:00 PM
I may be wrong, but it seems to be that beneficial song buffs (on myself) are lasting for appropriate times. However, song effects against mobs are not lasting as long as they should. DoT songs tick 3 times instead of the previous 4. Mez doesnt even last a full tick anymore, they break mez before I can sing the next tick.

Xaanka
06-14-2015, 09:31 PM
I may be wrong, but it seems to be that beneficial song buffs (on myself) are lasting for appropriate times. However, song effects against mobs are not lasting as long as they should. DoT songs tick 3 times instead of the previous 4. Mez doesnt even last a full tick anymore, they break mez before I can sing the next tick.

Confirming the same is happening for me and every bard I've grouped with since the patch, Haynar is aware of this and fixing it, so long as the dev who made the change in the first place doesn't revert it.

Baler
06-15-2015, 12:23 AM
Oh I'm sorry.
http://oi25.tinypic.com/wmjxx2.jpg
Are you not able to ruin zones as well anymore?

Xaanka
06-15-2015, 08:00 AM
Oh I'm sorry.
http://oi25.tinypic.com/wmjxx2.jpg
Are you not able to ruin zones as well anymore?

Actually this one doesn't affect swarm kiting, it only affects bards trying to fear kite, charm kite, and group. So basically the bards who are not dicks. You want this one to be fixed, otherwise swarming will be the only way bard can exp when the movespeed fix gets patched.

ezri
06-16-2015, 06:31 AM
So that's what's going on, I thought my charm/mez was breaking early, but it was like every cast.

Please fix it, this sh*t ain't classic!