PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Tracking

bigbeng
06-13-2015, 06:03 PM
This skill enables you to locate targets in the vicinity. The higher the skill, the farther away you can detect your prey. While bards and druids share this ability, the ranger class excels in this skill and is able not only to track by spawn order but by mob level as well, via the "track sort" drop-down box.

Not leading you in the good direction on a Bard druid and ranger even with max skill. offen You end up in the middle of no where . Offen mob poofs off the track list.

worch
06-14-2015, 10:34 AM
This bug is especially noticeable with players. Haynar has previously posted that there is anti-hack code in place that causes players' locations to not update until they are close nearby (it may also be a bandwidth optimization?). FWIW, my guess is the PC tracking issue is related to the issue causing players to pop on top of mobs momentarily upon zoning in.

bigbeng
07-09-2015, 03:18 PM
bump

eisley
07-09-2015, 03:54 PM
player location seems to update once when you first zone in, and then individual players locations will update when they first enter your vicinity - by that I mean an arbitrary distance in a circle around you but far from visibility range. And finally, it updates again and repeatedly when they are within visibility range.

yea, quillmane taught me to dread tracking PCs. This info is wholly worthless but, enjoy