PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Unable to ride boat into The Overthere as lvl 1 character

worch
06-15-2015, 06:39 PM
As a level 1 character, I was on the boat in timorous deep headed to the overthere. When I expected to zone into the overthere, I was instead teleported to the safe spot in timorous deep and received the following message.

You are not yet experienced enough to pass through an inter-planar portal.

Thulghor
06-16-2015, 07:04 AM
Yeah, this is something they set up intentionally. It restricts you to basically newbie zones, until you're like, level 5. The reason being is that some people were making level 1 characters, then training people in dungeons, and when they did epic mobs.

worch
06-16-2015, 09:59 AM
Yeah, this is something they set up intentionally. It restricts you to basically newbie zones, until you're like, level 5. The reason being is that some people were making level 1 characters, then training people in dungeons, and when they did epic mobs.

Makes sense. I didn't know about this non-classic change.

In this instance, I think it should be removed. It prevents characters from legitimately travelling from the old world newbie zones to field of bone. A well established player can port to dreadlands, since wizard/druid ports do not have this restriction and they'd have plat for ports, but a new player trying to get to kunark via boat is restricted by this.

Man0warr
06-16-2015, 03:07 PM
It's just temporary until they find another solution to stop the level 1 hackers.

Daldaen
06-16-2015, 03:25 PM
Makes sense. I didn't know about this non-classic change.

In this instance, I think it should be removed. It prevents characters from legitimately travelling from the old world newbie zones to field of bone. A well established player can port to dreadlands, since wizard/druid ports do not have this restriction and they'd have plat for ports, but a new player trying to get to kunark via boat is restricted by this.

Ports do not bypass the level 5 check by the way.

You can't port a level 1 to Lavastorm last I tried.

Grimjaw
06-16-2015, 03:43 PM
my assumption is that only certain zones have the "you cannot enter" check. Given the fact that they made it all the way through timorous only to be roadblocked in OT. So porting to dreadlands might work...

either way, sloppy implementation to a lame custom mechanic.

if anything (besides completely scrapped) it should be "you are stuck in this zone until a certain level" and not "you are blocked from entering this zone, umm this zone, and I guess this zone too"

worch
06-16-2015, 04:35 PM
Ports do not bypass the level 5 check by the way.

You can't port a level 1 to Lavastorm last I tried.

I've had a lvl 1 ported to dreadlands two or three times now. I did it just yesterday when the boat failed on me. I'm sure this works. I haven't tried lavastorm though.

Jimjam
06-17-2015, 10:10 AM
Lavastorm doesn't work. I tried porting a fresh Brell Halfling warrior there to do corpse drags (not KoS to fire goblins).

aubie
04-23-2017, 07:48 PM
Just tried to zone a level 2 halfling rogue into Lower Guk but got the message and relocated back to zone in. Yeah this is BS, but if people were abusing the train thing, that makes sense. Maybe a better solution would have been to ban their accounts and their guild.

Darkatar
04-23-2017, 08:02 PM
Maybe a better solution would have been to ban their accounts and their guild.

Accounts are unlimited and free.

Napp
04-23-2017, 08:16 PM

but your time on this green rock is not

Darkatar
04-23-2017, 08:24 PM
but your time on this green rock is not

Exactly, that's why they implemented a system that costs time if you want to train the whole zone.

aubie
04-26-2017, 01:59 PM

Good point. Would be complicated to figure out who was doing it and get the right people and guilds banned. Not that big a deal, just wish I hadn't wasted time running over there.

Just facts
04-28-2017, 04:28 AM
Good point. Would be complicated to figure out who was doing it and get the right people and guilds banned. Not that big a deal, just wish I hadn't wasted time running over there.

Someone goes full retard and you think anyone that's been guilded with them should get banned?
If someone at your office breaks the law and goes to jail are you ok with joining them in jail to?
Using same logic...

aubie
04-29-2017, 04:10 PM
Someone goes full retard and you think anyone that's been guilded with them should get banned?
If someone at your office breaks the law and goes to jail are you ok with joining them in jail to?
Using same logic...

LOL, yeah, getting banned from a game and going to jail = same logic.

More like you take a group of friends to a bar and a couple act the ass, and you all are banned from the bar.

Regardless, no way to identify who the perps are, so really banning isn't a good solution. Heck if they did that, then I could see someone training their own guild in order to make it look like a rival guild did it to get them banned. Like I said, to difficult to identify with unlimited free accounts.