PDA

View Full Version : Ancient Cyclops placeholders in South Ro?

Thulghor
06-25-2015, 11:09 AM
Been trying to get the ring for the boots off of the AC for a while now, and I finally see the AC spawn again, but I was barely beaten there by Upenu this morning. However, something occurred to me. I slacked on the placeholder killing, and was just kinda chilling, yet the AC spawned. All the placeholders were up. Like, all of them. The mummy, the other mummies, the roaming dervs, the desert madmen and other madmen, pretty much everything on the wiki list was up. The zone was pretty much refreshed.

Do the alleged placeholders even matter?

Swish
06-25-2015, 11:56 AM
I heard everyone logs in for 9pm then logs back out again. I've been doing the OOT one when I need a ring for an alt.

Roguejm11
06-25-2015, 12:34 PM
There really isn't a placeholder anymore. He is just random.

The AC hill where you had the mummy, derv and spider on 3 different respawn timers, supposedly no longer exists.

Rararboker
06-25-2015, 12:35 PM
The PH don't need to be killed. If AC is going to spawn he overwrites the current mob in his place. And he isn't that random, there is about 4 or 5 spots he can spawn from. Never seen him spawn from any of the other 20 random mob spawn points.

Thulghor
06-25-2015, 02:09 PM
Awesome. Thanks for the tips. I appreciate it.

Karok
06-25-2015, 02:14 PM
So you don't need to even kill his place holders anymore?

Thulghor
06-25-2015, 02:33 PM
Man this camp is going to suck harder now. No wonder I see so many tracker teams port in and port out. Well, mob. Not really a camp.

Swish
06-25-2015, 03:09 PM
Also don't think about engaging him on a level 40ish character - best to take a 60 wizard to be sure. Otherwise its petitions etc about who got fte.

Thulghor
06-25-2015, 03:14 PM
Alright. Yeah, I was thinking of waiting a bit until 50 something, then going with a bored guild crew and doing it this next time. Soloing it is boring, and largely unsuccessful as a warrior thus far.

I should get Fraps set up again. So much LawyerQuest...

Destron
06-25-2015, 03:37 PM
You heard it here folks. Login at 9pm to grab your J-Boots

Proven Guilty
06-25-2015, 08:26 PM
You heard it here folks. Login at 9pm to grab your J-Boots

DeadlyReza
06-25-2015, 09:20 PM
So he is FTE? No actual camp like the OOT AC?

Jaleth
06-25-2015, 09:27 PM
So he is FTE? No actual camp like the OOT AC?

That is correct.

bullproofmonk
06-25-2015, 09:35 PM
He can certainly spawn on his own without intervention, but you can force the other giants on his table to spawn, and increase the chances of seeing him. If you are running the cycle, and are spawning giants, you are doing it right.

His chance to spawn is definitely small, totally NOT CLASSIC.

DeadlyReza
06-25-2015, 09:44 PM
He can certainly spawn on his own without intervention, but you can force the other giants on his table to spawn, and increase the chances of seeing him. If you are running the cycle, and are spawning giants, you are doing it right.

His chance to spawn is definitely small, totally NOT CLASSIC.

Let's find proof and make a petition, would love to see neckbeards battling it out in North Ro like back in the day with a good old FTE run and it would ease the pressure off the OOT camp :D