PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Language Training

ezri
06-29-2015, 03:25 AM
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki.html?p=eq:Language&oldid=156058

"Also of note, the teacher does not need to be fully fullent to teach. A teacher can spam a group up to one skill point higher than his ability. For example, if Ranger Bob wants to teach Gnoll and only speaks with an ability of 13, he can teach is group up to a skill level of 14. To reach fluency, both Ranger Bob and the members of his group can group spam each other until full fluency is achieved."

This doesn't seem to be implemented correctly on P99.
On live in 2000, myself and a friend both put one skill point into each language, and then spammed each other using this +1 increase until we were both at 100 - I've tried this on P99 and it doesn't work.
The skill not reflecting in the skills window until you zone however, is most certainly classic :)

Darkatar
06-29-2015, 05:03 AM
It works, I trained about 10 languages from 1 skill to max with friends just spamming. You seem to only be able to train people +1 level higher than your current skill level, a speaker with a skill of 10 could train people up to 11.

However, on p99 you and/or your partner(s) need to zone every time you skill up to progress. Not sure if classic, but it DOES work here, at least this very annoying zone-100-times-to-spend-1-pont-per-language method. Obviously this makes doing multiple languages at once the best option, as you can practice every language you have access to at the same time and limit the amount of times you need to zone/relog.

ezri
06-29-2015, 05:09 AM
That's my point - on classic live you only had to zone to check your progress not to make progress.

BalanceBlind
04-07-2021, 06:26 AM
I am looking for some useful studying materials to improve my language level. Where can I look for this?