PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous: Warrior Criticals inconsistent

topgun1027
06-29-2015, 07:54 AM
I logged in and was killing on my Warrior level 57 and noticed when I critically hit mobs it would say :

Character Name lands a Crippling Blow!(421)

the next line which shows same hit just in regular melee text

You crush greater plaguebone for 440 points of damage. (crit hit dmg )
You crush greater plaguebone for 78 points of damage. (double attack swing)

another example (just looking at my in game melee text atm)

Character Name scores a critical hit! (120)
You crush greater plaguebone for 139 points of damage. (crit hit dmg)
You crush greater plaguebone for 75 points of damage. (double attack swing)

I do not recall the crit number being different from what the melee chat showed before. Is this right or is it calculating in blocks or double attack bonus ? Kinda odd to me. Why is it saying 1 number for the crit but its saying another also?

Technique
06-29-2015, 08:42 AM
That's just how crits/cripps are displayed. The difference in the reported numbers is the weapon's damage bonus. This isn't a bug.

Samoht
06-29-2015, 09:24 AM
Been seeing this bug a lot. The amount of damage on the hit does not match the amount of damage on the emote. Does this affect monk discipline kicks, too?

topgun1027
06-29-2015, 10:09 AM
That's just how crits/cripps are displayed. The difference in the reported numbers is the weapon's damage bonus. This isn't a bug.

Thats not true though I can recall exactly critting for the exact dmg it shows on the real hit message forever

Ciroco
06-29-2015, 11:53 AM

Bow crits have the same problem and bows don't have a damage bonus.

Technique
06-29-2015, 04:29 PM
Thats not true though I can recall exactly critting for the exact dmg it shows on the real hit message foreverhttps://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=438215&postcount=5

Bow crits have the same problem and bows don't have a damage bonus.Yes, which implies that there's an issue with ranged weapons only.

Samoht
06-29-2015, 04:43 PM
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=438215&postcount=5

I see what you mean now; your original phrasing was just incorrect. It's still a bug, but it's a classic bug. It will remain live until the very end of the Velious time line.

Technique
06-29-2015, 05:16 PM
I see what you mean now; your original phrasing was just incorrect. It's still a bug, but it's a classic bug. It will remain live until the very end of the Velious time line.If you want to be a pedant about it, this subforum is for reporting issues that are bugs on p99. A bug in this context is something not functioning as it did on Live during p99's target era; whether or not it was a bug back then is irrelevant.

Samoht
06-29-2015, 05:36 PM
If you want to be a pedant about it, this subforum is for reporting issues that are bugs on p99. A bug in this context is something not functioning as it did on Live during p99's target era; whether or not it was a bug back then is irrelevant.

If *you* want to be pedant, you could have explained why it wasn't a bug in your opnion in your first post (or even your second) and been less of an asshole about it.

Ciroco
06-29-2015, 06:08 PM
Yes, which implies that there's an issue with ranged weapons only.

It seems unlikely to me that the same issue affecting two types of attacks would be caused by unrelated issues.

Technique
06-29-2015, 06:31 PM
It's working as intended for melee crits/cripps (and has been for years, nothing changed).

The only unexplained issue is the damage discrepancy in the messages displayed for ranged crits, reported here (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199891). That's what requires investigation, not the mistaken assumptions made by the OP of this thread.

Ciroco
06-29-2015, 09:36 PM
It's working as intended for melee crits/cripps (and has been for years, nothing changed).

Not true. It was changed to show actual damage at some point last year prior to December, and has only reverted back to the "classic" crit damage display during the last patch. Which, as I said, is a little too coincidental to have ranged attacks start displaying the same way after the same patch. I can't say for sure if ranged attacks had the same crit/damage mismatch as melee damage prior to the "fix", but I'm thinking not.

topgun1027
06-30-2015, 07:42 AM

The only unexplained issue is the damage discrepancy in the messages displayed for ranged crits, reported here (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199891). That's what requires investigation, not the mistaken assumptions made by the OP of this thread.

No mistaken assumption its my experience with the numbers. Three people have told you that your points are incorrect move along.

Also if you want to talk about ranged attacks make your own thread this isn't related to it.

gildor
06-30-2015, 08:05 AM
I have not noticed this at all on my warrior, the crit/crip display is matching 100% to the damage showing done

Samoht
06-30-2015, 09:14 AM
I have not noticed this at all on my warrior, the crit/crip display is matching 100% to the damage showing done

Red poster, right? So the damage matches on the red server, but not the blue?

gildor
06-30-2015, 09:41 AM
Actually both, I have a warrior on each server..and the crits/crips seem fine.

Kender
06-30-2015, 07:52 PM
Actually both, I have a warrior on each server..and the crits/crips seem fine.

what level? the numbers start off the same then around level 30 they start to be different

topgun1027
09-11-2016, 05:30 AM
still shows different numbers for same swing on blue 100 %

Doctor Jeff
09-11-2016, 01:55 PM
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=438215&postcount=5

Yes, which implies that there's an issue with ranged weapons only.

Archery on P99 is bugged and uses the melee attack formula.