PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Track completely bugged

BardPop
07-02-2015, 11:17 PM
Since a few patches ago track has been screwing up more then usual, particularly with pcs. The issue is, and this only started happening since the last few patches, that an individuals "track location" is bugged when you are tracking them, even if they are actually close enough to be on your track window. I have not seen any bugs when you have a visual sighting of the player, but many times I have had track show correctly that someone is in the general vicinity of me via the fact that they just showed up on track bar, but then provide an incorrect path to get to them.

One example: I am looking for a player in The Overthere today, who is a member of a enemy guild. He is a known portal camper so I head to a specific spot and look for him where I think he will be, he shows up on my track bar right away, but when I follow it track leads me way off in another direction, basically back where i just came from and stops in the middle of nowhere. At this point I hit track again and the player is not even on track (once I had hit the point where I could move a few steps and have "straight ahead" turn into "behind" and vis versa), so I confirmed that was the 'track spot' where he was supposed to be according to track, and yet he wasn't even close enough to be on my track window anymore.

After that, i ran back to the place I thought he would be in the first place, which was close to where I picked him up on track. Sure enough, he was there.This is but one example of many cases where I've noticed that track, when you don't have a visual of a player, has been extremely buggy in recent patches. Its to the point where its almost not reliable at all in finding a player, only reliable in letting you know they are nearby somewhere (because they wouldn't be on track window if they were not). If you follow the incorrect track and try to use that to find someone you will fail most of the time, so once you see someone on track now you almost have to sort of abandon trying to use track to find them and just run around the general area looking for them manually. I'm disappointed by this because track is not supposed to be so bugged out and broken at this stage, it's supposed to be able to reliably find players, but instead it looks like it can't do that much of the time.

I think it'd be great if we could back to how track was prior to the last two patches, I've been actively fighting players on here for the last 8 months and I can say with certainty that track worked better before the last several patches were put in.

worch
07-02-2015, 11:24 PM
related bug fyi: http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198201