PDA

View Full Version : Velious beta buff? What is it

sktank
07-24-2015, 02:17 AM
You get new items? Your unkillable? Max hp buffs? You turn into Trakanon? What is it

rictus204
07-24-2015, 04:06 AM
You turn into Trakanon

pharmakos
07-24-2015, 04:45 AM
actually you turn into Vulak A'err

common mistake

not considered over powered because you still only beat Vulak 50% of the time

Daldaen
07-24-2015, 07:33 AM
You turn into a level 60 copy of what, at the time, was deemed the "best geared" person on P/R99 in that class.

The problem is they picked 80% of the people from red, so these people are all using terrible resist gear and have no important clickies bagged. Shaman doesn't have PE hammer, Necro doesn't have Soul Well Staff, Druid doesn't have a damn fire beetle eye. Wizard doesn't even have Concussion spell. Monk has prenerf Antonian Javs and no stacks of Forged Javs.

The other 20% were blue players who were camped out for Trakanon, so they are all wearing full Poison Resist gear. Which is just as useless.

So basically all the jewelry people have on them is useless.

If you beta copy your character and then beta buff, anything you leave in your bank is saved. So it is best to bank most of your gear and then mix/match based on what's best.

heartbrand
07-24-2015, 08:26 AM
The warrior one is pretty good :)

Daldaen
07-24-2015, 08:53 AM
The warrior one is pretty good :)

I hope that isn't you. Because I have so many complaints about that one.

No HP/AC rings, just Diamond pieces of crap
No HP/AC mask, just diamond piece of crap
No Sky shoulders, just wurm scale coat.
No Idol of the Thorned, just Runed bone fork.
No Midnight Mallet, no puppet strings, no root nets, no invis rings.

I'm not even in game and I remember how much it enrages me to see his gear. The "only bladestopper for aggro" clicky is probably what upset me the most but I guess that's what it's like when your server isn't classic with item clicks :/. I hope you can convince the Devs to give you recharging and classic cast times back, just limit their use against Players.

Kinvalar
07-29-2015, 09:21 AM
Ranger is missing a fire beetle eye also. And good god the spellbook. I don't know what kind of drugs the person they used for Ranger template is on, but gdi dude I'll pay YOU to let me organize your spellbook.

EDIT: What I did is just beta copied, suicided, beta buffed, suicided and looted my beta copy corpse's gear + a bag from buff corpse with a couple items I don't have like Guise.

Ele
07-29-2015, 09:30 AM
You can also just throw items from your beta copy into the bank (beta buff gnome is a banker), then beta buff. banked items should not be overwritten by the buff.

Kinvalar
07-29-2015, 09:33 AM
Yeah, but even though its pointless beta banked items I couldn't bring myself to deleting a bunch of stuff from my bank heh