PDA

View Full Version : Velk's Spiders Not Animals

Dothgar
08-05-2015, 04:58 AM
It has come to my attention that none of the spiders in Velketor's Labyrinth are charmable by druids when they should be. Please fix this ASAP, it's game breaking for any druid trying to solo there.

Diemore
08-05-2015, 06:03 AM
Some proof is always good.

But I found this

http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9462 - 3-12-2002

"hey it is usefull, all mobs in CT for a example are animals, spiders in velketor are animals too"

http://thedruidsgrove.org/archive/eq/t-1483.html - 07-18-2002

Animals (Kingdom Animalia) includes both vertebrates and invertebrates. The Druid's animal line spells currently affect most mammals and fish. The animal kingdom however includes: insects, arachnids, reptiles, mammals, birds, worms etc.

If you can think of animals in the game, add the zone and name of the animal to the list.

Not Affected zone: animal/mob type
Kunark:
Old Sebilis: Necrosis Scarab, Gangrenous Scarab, Frenzied Pox Scarab, A Sepsis Scarab, A Pox Scarab, Leprous Scarab
Burning Wood: A Cinder Hornet, An Ash Hornet, An Ember Hornet, A Scoriae Hornet, apes/gorillas

Velious:
Velketor's Lab: A Blizzard Hunter, A Blizzard Spider, A Frenzied Velium Broodling, A Frenzied Velium Stalker, A Velium Broodling, A Velium Hunter, A Velium Stalker, Crystal Eyes, Crystal Fang, Shard Spider , The Brood Master, The Brood Mother ** these are NOT affected by druid animal spells
Dragon Necropolis: A Phase Spider
Iceclad: Lodizal

Daldaen
08-05-2015, 08:52 AM
The first quote claims all mobs in CT are animals. Post(and Pre)-Revamp this is false. Lizard men aren't considered animals. Also Velks Spiders aren't animals.

The second quote is a list of all the creatures in hand that we consider to be an animal, but don't allow for Druid spells to land. They were creating the list in hopes Verant would fix it by making them all susceptible to animal spells.

Man0warr
08-05-2015, 09:35 AM
Can you charm spiders in EK? I don't remember being able to. Might set some precedence.